PDA

View Full Version : anyone happens to be in Punta Cana next week?

jmnk
12-18-2009, 11:17 PM
It looks like I'll be going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic next week (starting 12/21). Anyone happens to be there? Need a hitting partner.....

crystal_clear
12-20-2009, 05:39 PM
It looks like I'll be going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic next week (starting 12/21). Anyone happens to be there? Need a hitting partner.....

Too bad. We didn't get the tickets. Do you know if racket can be a carry-on baggage or much be check-in?

Geezer Guy
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
never mind

jmnk
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm hoping to get some Punta Cana tonight - I can let you know tomorrow how it goes, if you like.
either you mistyped, or I do not get the joke:(
If you are indeed there - let me know.

Geezer Guy
12-21-2009, 07:23 AM
never mind

LuckyR
12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Duuuude!!!

DCaicedo
08-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Staying in Punta Cana next week.

Can anyone give a brief overview of what to expect? Don't know where I'm staying (it's part of the package deal)- so just curious as to whether to expect clay/har-tru/hard courts, weather, access to (other) courts, availability of pros, etc.

Thanks TTers!

EKnee08
08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Staying in Punta Cana next week.

Can anyone give a brief overview of what to expect? Don't know where I'm staying (it's part of the package deal)- so just curious as to whether to expect clay/har-tru/hard courts, weather, access to (other) courts, availability of pros, etc.

Thanks TTers!

stayed at Paradisus punta cana all inclusive several years ago. Believe they had 2 hard courts, noti ngreat shape at the time.

DCaicedo
08-11-2011, 03:35 PM
thanks EKnee

gavna
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Been to the Club Med in Punta - they used to have 10 red clay courts but since about 3 or 4 yrs ago put in hard courts. Most of the resorts in the Dom Rep are now all hard. Weather is hot and humid with rain in the afternoons - it is the middle of hurricane season now and storms can develop fast. As of today you have 2 systems starting to develop off West Africa.

DCaicedo
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Been to the Club Med in Punta - they used to have 10 red clay courts but since about 3 or 4 yrs ago put in hard courts. Most of the resorts in the Dom Rep are now all hard. Weather is hot and humid with rain in the afternoons - it is the middle of hurricane season now and storms can develop fast. As of today you have 2 systems starting to develop off West Africa.

Excellent, thanks Gavna. Yeah I saw that too- though they say the storms can simply turn into tropical depressions. So oh well let it rain.

Can't wait- I need to detox. Packed my sticks, 4 sets of clothes, 2 pairs of shoes. Even if I don't play/courts suck/weather sucks, I'll still eat and drink myself into oblivion. And sleep all day.

DCaicedo
08-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Well came back from an excellent trip to the Bahia Principe in Bavaro. The tennis wasn't excellent- but all in all, OK.

The courts had the most cracks I've ever seen- probably as a result of them being painted concrete. There weren't any decent players around, so I just hit with the wife. There was a pro available for $20/hr lessons. And there was a bucket of balls available for use (though I brought my own cans).

I think if serious players are looking to go to PC, then stay at the Punta Cana Resort and Club.