PDA

View Full Version : Mantis String....anything??

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Ive got two sets on their way(junior scholarship programme)
Comfort Synthetic
and
Power Polyester
I'm really excited but im not sure what to expect
Has anyone tried these out, whats your opinion...

jayserinos99
12-19-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm still waiting on my strings package; hopefully I get it before Christmas.

uk_skippy
12-19-2009, 04:38 AM
I've just tried a hybrid of the Power Poly & Prince syn gut 17. I strung at my usual 53/56lbs, the same I string ALU Power & syn gut.

I found the string easy to string, nice and comfortable to handle. It felt softer than other polys.

I had a short hit with it tonight and it played ok. I found that some shots were going long, but overall a good hit. I didn't think it was as softer feeling, IMO, as my ALU Power/syn gut set up. Next time I may go up a couple of pounds.

Overall, the initial hit was good, and I found it was more to my liking than Cyberflash. So I may start to use that for my customers instead of Cyberflash.

I'd like to try the poly with the power syn gut, but the cost of the syn gut is, IMO, overpriced.

Regards

Paul

Ash_Smith
12-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Got some sets today, will string it up and try it out tomorrow. Would like to try to the same combo as you Paul, the power poly and power syn gut, but I really want to see how the poly compares with Alu in a full job, so not sure which to do yet! Don't think the comfort poly will look too good in my prestiges tho!

tenniscoach07
12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
here is what mantis replied to me:

Details are as follows:

1 set of Power Polyester (17g / 1.22mm) - Comparable with Luxilon Alu Power or Luxilon TiMo. This has been very popular - especially when used as a hybrid.

1 set of Comfort Polyester (16g / 1.30mm) - Comparable with Luxilon Big Banger Original (but my string has a softer feel) or Babolat Pro Hurricane.

1 set of Power Synthetic (17g / 1.22mm) - Comparable with Babolat Conquest (due to the construction – mono core with mono wraps). This has been selling well in the UK.

1 set of Comfort Synthetic (16g / 1.30mm) - Comparable with Wilson Sensation or Babolat Xcel Premium. A nice soft string with very good power as well.

Please note that the comparisons are based on feedback so far and you may find alternative strings that you feel are closer to my range. These are just for an initial reference.

The MANTIS strings can also be ‘mixed and matched’ in different hybrid combinations to find the best set up for you personally.

There will also be a MANTIS Performa Tac Overgrip. These are very similar to the Wilson Pro Overgrip but have a bit more ‘tack’. These are proving very popular!

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-19-2009, 01:14 PM
yes, i recieved this email as well....I find it great that
Mantis gives these sponsorships/price reductions

Ash_Smith
12-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Have just strung up 2 prestiges, one with Power Poly and the other with Comfort Syn'

The Comfort Syn' is really soft - xcel or x-1 soft, but doesn't seem to mark up as easily in the clamps or gripper as xcel/x-1.

The power poly feels more like Timo/Monotec Supersense that Alu when stringing.

Will try to get a hit later and post back some thoughts.

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi Ash,
Two Prestiges heh?
This Dhruv by the way!

Ash_Smith
12-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Dhruvster! got your string yet?

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-20-2009, 09:18 AM
No, Martin A. is shipping it First class on monday!
Love the profile picture!

shanks1623
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey guys!

I just applied for the Mantis Jr. Scholarship. Martin is sending them and I'm getting them soon. I think they should be good, with the types of strings he compares them to. What do you think I should expect?

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey guys!

I just applied for the Mantis Jr. Scholarship. Martin is sending them and I'm getting them soon. I think they should be good, with the types of strings he compares them to. What do you think I should expect?

Yeah, I should be getting mine in the post today (I did the junior thing as well)