PDA

View Full Version : Help- Relocating to San Diego / La Jolla

acesrus
04-21-2005, 09:21 AM
HI All, I am taking a 4-6 month temp position in my company in La Jolla, Ca. I will be making this move in early May. I was hoping that someone might point me in the direction of tennis leagues, teams. I am a 4.0-4.5/A1 level player and am going to miss the start of the USTA season here in Massachusetts. I am not sure how USTA seasons run in the nicer weather spots. If anyone has some info and wouldn't mind sending it my way, I really would appreciate it. I play 3-5x per week, and think I might go crazy in a new town with no tennis. Thanks to all in advance! acesrus@comcast.net

tykrum
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I have only been there twice, but SD has got to be my favorite city I've ever been to. Its kind of my fantasy to move out there someday. I highly doubt that you will have a problem with finding people to play with, its a huge tennis hotbed. I would recommend going to the USTA S. California website, and finding the right person to talk to about USTA leagues in the area and call them. They can probably find a team that needs another member. Also just try to find clubs in the area and give them a call about programs they run.

New Balls
04-22-2005, 01:04 AM
As I recall, the absolute last day to sign up a player on your team is towards the end of this month. Call the league coordinator and see if they can't get you on a team, then you won't have to miss the entire season, and you'll have people to hit with.

Gaines Hillix
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Check with the tennis center at Morley Field in Balboa Park. They'll be able to get you up to speed on the tennis sceen out there.