PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees, Tennis, Footwork

Tyrus
12-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Anybody else watchin the Cowboys-Saints game? I just heard Millen talk about how Drew Brees claimed that his tennis playing is the reason he has the best footwork of any quarterback in the NFL. Word is he used to play with Roddick around the age of 12.

In their parallel careers who has been more successful?

reesespiecestennis
12-19-2009, 05:33 PM
how does the question have anything to do with the title?

Tyrus
12-19-2009, 05:35 PM
started as an observation and thought it would add to it.

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Good find. Also you don't have to respond to nonsense.

Tyrus
12-19-2009, 06:00 PM
as soon as i post this Brees throws an interception and lost a fumble...meh.

mtommer
12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Anybody else watchin the Cowboys-Saints game? I just heard Millen talk about how Drew Brees claimed that his tennis playing is the reason he has the best footwork of any quarterback in the NFL. Word is he used to play with Roddick around the age of 12.

In their parallel careers who has been more successful?

It's hard to say. The accomplishments in both sports are, maybe, too different to compare. For example, getting to the Super Bowl is much harder than getting to a Grand Slam (merely my opinion). There's also greater chances for injury. One player (the quarterback, running back, etc.) is often going against more than one person at the same time (think downfield coverage, evading a rusher) Football also has teams of coaches constantly video analyzing each play, each player, the opposing coach, etc. so the 22 guys on the field are competing against more than just each other. Each player also on the field had to pass more than the "just winning" test. They had numerical numbers to pass in the columbines for example. Pro football players are the elite of the elite for their respective positions.

At any rate, it's all opinion so think what ya' want I guess.

hollywood9826
12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Drew Brees is the man. When he was on the Charges and tore his shoulder out nobody thought he was going to come back with the same arm strength. He rehabbed and now his arm is better than it was pre injury. Roddick battled some injury issues and most thought he was done. He made that run at Wimby and proved everyone wrong.

Thier carrers are pretty similar. But brees only gets 1 chance a year at the Bowl. Roddick gets 4.

FedererForehand
12-20-2009, 03:09 AM
RT@andyroddick: fact. drew brees did beat me at tennis when i was 9 and he was 12.. it was then that i knew he would be an all-pro qb in football ha ha ha

David_Is_Right
12-20-2009, 03:17 AM
I don't know... I like Peyton's footwork better. If only because it seems so panicked and hyper!

Tyrus
12-20-2009, 04:28 AM
I don't know... I like Peyton's footwork better. If only because it seems so panicked and hyper!

Manning and Brady have far better pocket presence than Brees, and their height has to do with it...I'd still say Brees is the quicker one.

fruitytennis1
12-20-2009, 06:04 AM
And i still say Peyton is one hell luck fella.

albino smurf
12-20-2009, 07:09 AM
He needs to grip his racquet tighter.