PDA

View Full Version : String Gripper Adjustment Flex 920

Justout
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
1st Hello.I finally brought my 1st stringer (used Eagnas flex 920. Had it for 2 weeks and after hours of reading and watching videos I got the confidence to cut my strings and do it myself. Afterall everyone says it easy lol. Anyways here`s my problem After starting the job stringing at 57 lbs, the string slipped through the gripper so I tried to hold it at a angle from the rear of the gripper, this only scuffed the string up to the point I would not use it on my racquet ( probably would break). How does the "String gripper adjustment screw work. I beleive mine is not the corrrect screw because it will not thread through. but if it did how does it close and open the gripper, I could not see the logic,. Oh and it was my only set of string I brought, went to the store only to find out they were sold out so now I have no good racquet..sorry for the long post.

Chace
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
1st Hello.I finally brought my 1st stringer (used Eagnas flex 920. Had it for 2 weeks and after hours of reading and watching videos I got the confidence to cut my strings and do it myself. Afterall everyone says it easy lol. Anyways here`s my problem After starting the job stringing at 57 lbs, the string slipped through the gripper so I tried to hold it at a angle from the rear of the gripper, this only scuffed the string up to the point I would not use it on my racquet ( probably would break). How does the "String gripper adjustment screw work. I beleive mine is not the corrrect screw because it will not thread through. but if it did how does it close and open the gripper, I could not see the logic,. Oh and it was my only set of string I brought, went to the store only to find out they were sold out so now I have no good racquet..sorry for the long post.

I have a flex 940. when i got the stringer about 6 years ago i had a similar problem. the gripper would not grip the string. adjusting it did not help, the string kept slipping. i ended up having to ship the tensioner portion of the stringer back and eagnas sent me a new one. the new one has worked great. i would suggest contacting eagnas if the adjuster screw isn't working properly. good luck

Justout
12-23-2009, 06:09 AM
ty for the reply. Can you give me logics on how the adjustment screw works. I mean when you screw it in or out, how does that effect the gripper tension, or does it even have anything to do with that. I could not see where it could effect it in any way. Maybe I`m looking at it wrong. As far as the screw threads I can rethread it. thanks Mike

Chace
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
when you adjust the screw i believe it adjusts the gap (width) of the gripper. if you turn it clockwise it closes the gap on the gripper. sorry for the late reply

Justout
12-28-2009, 06:36 PM
thanks, I did some studying on this. If you tighten the screw to the point it is preventing the slide gripper from coming back it would not open enough to let the string fall far enough inside the gripper to get a good grip on the string. So in my opinion its useless.. Anyways I have strung 2 racquets so far and it gets easier with each stringing. When I started my 1st racquet I did not understand skipping 8T, 8-9B and so forth, gotta understand the basics first. After that it gets easy, Oh and learning what knots to tie and where they are used...Oh and many thanks to Youtube and YUlitle. I watched all his Vids..

dancraig
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM

It controls how far the gripper can move. The farther it moves, the closer together the sides get to each other.
http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen/awlbsg.html
You might also try cleaning the inside of the gripper plates with some alcohol and a q-tip or cloth.