PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so.. Help me out!

JerrYMeeE
12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I need some help with shipping.

Wasn't too sure where this would fit, either.

I've never shipped anything before, and haven't got a clue with where to start.

Once someone eventually wins my listing on the big auction site, what do I do with the money they paid for shipping? What if I picked UPS and plan on using USPS? Is that even possible?! Bleh.

Okay, next, if I use USPS (which is down the street from me, literally), when I walk in, do I go to the line where everyone else is, then, when it's my turn, I just ask for whichever service I chose previously and give them the address and pay? Pay with the money that was paid earlier for shipping?

HELP! To be more specific, I'm shipping 2 racquets and I have my own box.

Sharing your personal experiences would provide comfort too :)

fed_the_savior
12-19-2009, 07:19 PM
You can buy and print a shipping label online, or just take your addressed package in and tell them the kind you want and pay there. Most people agree shipping tennis rackets in two attached Priority Mail boxes is the best way to go. These boxes are free at the PO. You should try to ship the method you listed in your auction, however you can ask the customer if they'd mind a different method.

JerrYMeeE
12-19-2009, 07:21 PM
You can buy and print a shipping label online, or just take your addressed package in and tell them the kind you want and pay there. Most people agree shipping tennis rackets in two attached Priority Mail boxes is the best way to go. These boxes are free at the PO. You should try to ship the method you listed in your auction, however you can ask the customer if they'd mind a different method.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll consider your last suggestion.