PDA

View Full Version : Two racquets, how to use them?

mela
12-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Hello everyone.
I have a couple of Head Instinct.
I'm thinking to what is better way of using two racquets.
In your experience is preferable to string the two racquets on the same day and play alternately with both?
Or is it better to string the racquets at different times and use only one and go to another racquet only after the strings are dead?
Thanks and Happy Christmas.

Valjean
12-20-2009, 04:26 AM
If you string them together, but intend to have them strung the same, be aware that your tension will be declining in both, from the day they are strung. If you use them in sequence, rather than alternating them, the tension for the one you have put in reserve will merely decline at a slower pace, for not being hit with.

Your best bet in such a case may be to stagger the two stringing dates, so there is some overlap, based on how fast you use one up.

Otherwise, a good reason for having both strung at the same time is because of some variation you want to try--string, tension, what have you--instead.

Irvin
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Depends a lot on how often you break strings or how often you can afford to string the rackets. If have them both strung at the same time and play with both the same amount they will probably both break about the same time. How would you like to be in a tournament and break two strings in the same match?

Let say you break a string every two months. You have one strung one month and play with both. After a month you have the other one strung. And so on. Both rackets feel totally different all the time because of the different tensions. There is also a chance both will break at the same time.

Get them both strung at the same time and play with only one. When the string breaks play with the other and get the one you just broke strung for a spare.

Or if you break a string every two months get the rackets strung before either of them break. Which option do you like?

Irvin

JackB1
12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I think its best to just alternate, so they both wear evenly and feel similar. Otherwise when you DO break a string, the other racquet will feel much different than the one you just were using. So I say alternate between the 2 and have a 3rd ready just in case you break both on the same day.