PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Adrenaline

XFactorer
12-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Anyone have any info about the Luxilon Adrenaline strings that Delpo is supposedly using (according to Wilson's website)?

ci2ca
12-20-2009, 01:22 PM
It plays like ALU power but it's cheaper.

ClubHoUno
12-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I tried a test samle last week, and this is the new string from Luxilon due out early next year. Luxilon tried to capture the average tennis player with this string.

The Alu BB POWER & ROUGH are EXCELLENT strings for the pro's, who don't use them for more than 2 hours. But they die fast and lose their elasticity.
Luxilon tries to 'correct' this with the Adrenaline, which is a some what softer poly with better tension and elasticity maintenance and a bit softer on the arm too.

Delpo must like the somewhat softer feel of the Adrenaline since he prefers it over the alu BB power.

I COULD consider buying a reel of this string, but only tried one samle in a hybrid with VS 17 MAINS, and I REALLY liked it, just not sure I actually liked it better than my Hyperion CoPoly :confused:

meowmix
12-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I have it strung up in my ipex with adrenaline in the mains and global in the crosses, and I really like it. If they price isn't outrageous, I could see myself sticking with it.

ClubHoUno
12-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I have it strung up in my ipex with adrenaline in the mains and global in the crosses, and I really like it. If they price isn't outrageous, I could see myself sticking with it.

Price will be like the Alu BB Power, I think - not in the M2 range according to rumours :)

meowmix
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
^I'm hearing that it's being distributed to dealers at 8 dollars a set, which makes me hopeful that I can get it for around that price...

stevej
12-27-2009, 05:23 PM
What color is this string? Grey?

downs_chris
12-27-2009, 05:50 PM
^I'm hearing that it's being distributed to dealers at 8 dollars a set, which makes me hopeful that I can get it for around that price...

how much will dealers be selling it for?

jefferson
12-27-2009, 05:59 PM
The price point is $8-$9 a set! I have it in my mains, I like it too.

purple-n-gold
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Isn't this the sample prototype luxilon string that Wilson sent out?

PED
12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
^^^yes, this was the sample set and if they price it at $9 a set, Adrenaline would be a steal. It plays almost identical to ALU but holds tension longer. I really like it alot when I used my set back in November. Great spin and power and that awesome cracking sound when you really connect.

jefferson
12-27-2009, 06:06 PM

I am not sure, but that is the first thing that I thought also. The letter that came with the proto said that they would let us know of what it was if it went into production. Not sure but I would guess yes

downs_chris
12-27-2009, 06:25 PM
^^^yes, this was the sample set and if they price it at $9 a set, Adrenaline would be a steal. It plays almost identical to ALU but holds tension longer. I really like it alot when I used my set back in November. Great spin and power and that awesome cracking sound when you really connect.

so it's a luxilon string that holds tension, eh? this is a VERY good combo...i'm excited to try it...

PED
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I was surprised as well chris but my set was just like alu but it kept on playing well.

stanfordtennis alum
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM

hard to imagine lux selling a string for $9 a set... i would switch in a heartbeat if they did

JoelDali
12-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry, but this string cannot compare to ALU Power or rough in my opinion.

I tore it out after one night.

No feel or power for me in the 88 strung at 60.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/la/110909_debbiedowner.jpg

PED
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
hard to imagine lux selling a string for $9 a set... i would switch in a heartbeat if they did

I agree and I doubt they sell it for that low. This thread is the first time I've heard of a price that low.

djokster
12-27-2009, 11:03 PM
I also tested this string (if it is indeed the one from the wilson prototype test...)

I liked it (not completely in love with it), but if it sells for under $10 a set, I would definitely consider buying it.

jefferson
12-28-2009, 10:00 AM
When we met with our Wilson rep, he said selling for $8 a set.

Dags
12-28-2009, 10:11 AM
When we met with our Wilson rep, he said selling for $8 a set.

I don't suppose he also said when it will be available?

larry89
12-28-2009, 03:20 PM
when can i get it in europe and prize?

ci2ca
12-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I can vouch for jefferson saying that it's distributed at 8 dollars a set. Meaning most consumers will be paying around 10 dollars. I'm pretty sure it will be releasing with the new blx rackets since it is in the same catalogue.

larry89
12-28-2009, 04:10 PM
ok thanks its cheap for a bb string ;)
do you know the reel prize?

stanfordtennis alum
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
if its really $8 a set, im sold for life

Deodorant
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
count me in if its 10 or less.

purple-n-gold
12-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Yea the Lux proto string has maintained tension way way better than Alu ruff. I strung up 2 rackets with each(1 Adren? & 1 Alu rf) over a month ago and the Proto still isn't completely dead....although I will be shocked if Lux lowers it's price that much.

ace0001a
12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
It would be nice if they did lower the price to the $10 level, even better if it was less than $10.

meowmix
12-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Yea the Lux proto string has maintained tension way way better than Alu ruff. I strung up 2 rackets with each(1 Adren? & 1 Alu rf) over a month ago and the Proto still isn't completely dead....although I will be shocked if Lux lowers it's price that much.

I still have my prototype in my Dynamic Energy... I strung the stuff up back in October or September, and the stuff STILL feels great! I've never gotten any other poly to last me so long.

If this stuff sells for 10 bucks, I'm hooked.

jefferson
12-29-2009, 07:25 AM
I can vouch for jefferson saying that it's distributed at 8 dollars a set. Meaning most consumers will be paying around 10 dollars. I'm pretty sure it will be releasing with the new blx rackets since it is in the same catalogue.

We get the best possible prices from Wilson because we are exclusive. However the Lux is not priced much cheaper than you can buy here at TW. I imagine that the Adrenaline will be UNDER $9! As for the release date... I do not remember. He said he would ship when available. Sorry.

scotus
12-29-2009, 09:59 AM
If I remember correctly, Luxilon rates its comfort level (printed on the packaging) as being worse than Ace and M2, and either on par with ALU Power or possibly worse.

If this is true, then I will just stick to my M2 Pro.

PED
12-29-2009, 10:19 AM
If I remember correctly, Luxilon rates its comfort level (printed on the packaging) as being worse than Ace and M2, and either on par with ALU Power or possibly worse.

If this is true, then I will just stick to my M2 Pro.

If you prefer M2 to ALU then I would stay well away from Adrenaline. It plays VERY similarly to ALU. :)

scotus
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
If you prefer M2 to ALU then I would stay well away from Adrenaline. It plays VERY similarly to ALU. :)

It is not that I do not appreciate ALU's playability. It is simply too stiff for my arm.

Ace is comfortable, and M2 even more so.

PED
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
It is not that I do not appreciate ALU's playability. It is simply too stiff for my arm.

Ace is comfortable, and M2 even more so.

I can see that, I find m2 to be very armfriendly but not wallet friendly ;)

chicken nugget
01-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Can anyone please post some pictures

PED
01-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Can anyone please post some pictures

It looks like alu but with a more golden color

ryushen21
01-02-2010, 08:08 AM

If it is the grey colored prototype that they sent out then I would not be buying it any time soon. I thought that it was terrible. The only plus to it was that it was a more comfortable string to hit with but in all other aspects I definitely did not like it. It had no feel or touch and did not have the bite that I am used to getting from luxilons.

DownTheLine
01-02-2010, 08:42 AM

What # were you at Stanford?

downs_chris
01-03-2010, 09:01 AM
any updates on when this string is coming out?

stanfordtennis alum
01-03-2010, 01:44 PM
What # were you at Stanford?

i played 6 freshmen year and then played 4 and 5 my final 3 years

ci2ca
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
We get the best possible prices from Wilson because we are exclusive. However the Lux is not priced much cheaper than you can buy here at TW. I imagine that the Adrenaline will be UNDER $9! As for the release date... I do not remember. He said he would ship when available. Sorry.

Jefferson, what club are you at? I believe if Adrenaline is being sold wholesale to distributors at 8 dollars a set wouldn't it cost more for regular consumers because of mark-ups? Or, with wilson being the US distributor of luxilon products, everybody will be paying the 8 dollars? Because at my club we get charged the price of regular luxilon if we want to buy it for ourselves, except when luxilon went on sale a little while back I was getting ALU Power and ALU power rough at 9.50 a set.

jefferson
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
I am in upstate NY, but we do not mark up our strings much at all. If your club marks up the string then buy here at TW and have a local stringer string it at just the labor rate.

I just got an email from Ryan with Wilson strings. The lux prototype that I received is hitting the market in January 2010. And it is indeed ADRENALINE!

Orion
01-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I am in upstate NY, but we do not mark up our strings much at all. If your club marks up the string then buy here at TW and have a local stringer string it at just the labor rate.

I just got an email from Ryan with Wilson strings. The lux prototype that I received is hitting the market in January 2010. And it is indeed ADRENALINE!

I received an email saying that the prototype I tested (WC8212) is coming to market in January 2010 as Wilson Hollow Core Pro. Quote from the email "The string is constructed with an air filled core surrounded by polyester and fluorocarbon fibers." It had a unique clicking sound when clamping. I feared I was pinching it, but there were no signs of damage. It hit really nice but moved alot. No info on pricing with this one but I would love to string in my crosses.

I enjoyed the opportunity to playtest.

hoodjem
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
This is what Wilson was sending to everybody to playtest.

dancraig
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Orion
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
This is what Wilson was sending to everybody to playtest.

Soooo what am I missing?? Are they releasing the string under Lux as Adrenaline and Wilson as Hollow Pro Core??? Or was Adrenaline an internal test name?

jefferson
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
They sent out two different strings to be playtested. One it turns out is the LUX adrenaline and the wilson proto turns out is hollow core pro.

purple-n-gold
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Soooo what am I missing?? Are they releasing the string under Lux as Adrenaline and Wilson as Hollow Pro Core??? Or was Adrenaline an internal test name?

Yea per Ryan Polito's(Wilson/Lux dude) email the new Lux is "Adrenaline 125", made with some new crystalline polymer tech and will be out this month.

Orion
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
They sent out two different strings to be playtested. One it turns out is the LUX adrenaline and the wilson proto turns out is hollow core pro.

Yea per Ryan Polito's(Wilson/Lux dude) email the new Lux is "Adrenaline 125", made with some new crystalline polymer tech and will be out this month.

Jefferson & Purple-n-Gold,

Thanks for the clarification. The Hollow Core didn't have a gauge listed but it seemed thin enough to be 18g. I was tempted to hybrid but wanted to follow the play test guidelines. I'm really interested in hybriding this in crosses with 17g gut or a poly....the Adrenaline 125 seems like a strong candidate.

ace0001a
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I got a "String Play Test Results‏" email today, but I never received any strings to test.

downs_chris
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I got a "String Play Test Results‏" email today, but I never received any strings to test.

yeah...i just got my string last week...and haven't gotten a chance to string it yet...

jefferson
01-04-2010, 07:14 PM
yeah...i just got my string last week...and haven't gotten a chance to string it yet...

Free string is free string whenever you get it!! Since the playtest period is over you can hybrid without feeling guilty of not following the rules!

jefferson
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Jefferson & Purple-n-Gold,

Thanks for the clarification. The Hollow Core didn't have a gauge listed but it seemed thin enough to be 18g. I was tempted to hybrid but wanted to follow the play test guidelines. I'm really interested in hybriding this in crosses with 17g gut or a poly....the Adrenaline 125 seems like a strong candidate.

No problem, glad to help.

ace0001a
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM

So if I got that email, does that mean I'm suppose to still get some strings for testing??

Fredrik
01-05-2010, 02:43 AM
TW-Europe has the Adrenaline up on the site, available 22.01.

Price? 1/3 of Alu! :shock:

Less than 5 Euros per set, meaning it is half the price of Black Code and less than the new Signum strings (Hyperion, Tornado).

Think they'll sell a few sets?

rollingbrock
01-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I did hybrid the 2 prototype strings for my playtest since I didn't want to wreck my elbow (again). The hollow core stuff lasted about 2 hours in the cross strings for me. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a string breaker. FWIW, it was a very nice hybrid while it lasted.

PED
01-05-2010, 05:38 AM
The set that I had came paired with Hollow core. I took 2 half sets of Adrenaline and used them as a full poly job. I personally could not tell a difference between Adrenaline and ALU but maybe that's just me. This stuff plays great and it's hard to believe they're going to sell it at that low price but it seems to be true.

It's like the Porsche Cayman is faster around the Nurburgring than the 911 yet it costs 1/3rd less.

goran_ace
01-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I loved the Adrenaline 125 when I was testing it. I am glad that they decided to release this string so now I can go buy a reel of it!

Sublime
01-05-2010, 08:10 AM

No kidding! I play-tested this string (and not to look a gift horse in the mouth), but I would have paid in the $12 range for it. It looks like it's going to be less than half that!

DrewRafter8
01-05-2010, 08:25 AM

Less than 5 Euros per set, meaning it is half the price of Black Code and less than the new Signum strings (Hyperion, Tornado).

1.20, 1.25, and 1.30 as well. Stiffness was high on the USRSA Rating of the 1.25. A 261 where Original is 249 and ALU is 242. For the price, Lux may dominate the polyester market for amateur players if this string plays softer then the rating indicates.

ryushen21
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Apparently, I was one of the only people to not like this string (Adrenaline). I still stick by what I said in my original review post about it.

jburton
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
How comes tw are only selling adrenaline in a wilson next duo 2 hybrid pack?

Sublime
01-05-2010, 12:48 PM
How comes tw are only selling adrenaline in a wilson next duo 2 hybrid pack?

What's kind of discouraging is that NXT is $16 set. This hybrid pack is also $16 set. That would imply that an Adrenaline set would be $16. :confused:

PED
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
My local retailer confirmed a retail price of $10. That's good value in my mind.

I'm not sure how much you would save with a reel but Lux reel prices are not usually as attractive as some other brands.

monomakh
01-05-2010, 01:23 PM
It's a typical Lux - great for 3 hours, then not very good. Very harsh. In my experience, it was of moderate to low power (relative to other polys).

Power Player
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
This string lasted me longer then 3 hours. Was not typical Lux. Was like Cyberflash on steroids because the feel and feedback was incredible. I will definitley buy some of this string, and am happy I got to demo it.

smack that
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
my local store now has this string in at 9.99$ a set

what a steal!

got like 7 packs :)

Orion
01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
It's like the Porsche Cayman is faster around the Nurburgring than the 911 yet it costs 1/3rd less.

PED- Great analogy, I love the car metaphor!!

I only got the Hollow Core but I was late to the party. I was pretty impressed with the full bed of Hollow Core.
:shock: Just saw a reel of this stuff is $12.95 :shock: A reel !!! WTF? I'm gonna pick up a couple.

PED
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
This string lasted me longer then 3 hours. Was not typical Lux. Was like Cyberflash on steroids because the feel and feedback was incredible. I will definitley buy some of this string, and am happy I got to demo it.

Agreed, this stuff was magic in the Rad :)

scotus
01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
PED- Great analogy, I love the car metaphor!!

I only got the Hollow Core but I was late to the party. I was pretty impressed with the full bed of Hollow Core.
:shock: Just saw a reel of this stuff is $12.95 :shock: A reel !!! WTF? I'm gonna pick up a couple.

Where did you find the reel? And are you talking about the Lux or the Hollow Core?

meowmix
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
It's on TW. If somebody would be willing to purchase a reel for me, I'd be eternally grateful. It's the hollow core.

scotus
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
It's on TW. If somebody would be willing to purchase a reel for me, I'd be eternally grateful. It's the hollow core.

But it is the regular Hollow Core, not the Hollow Core Pro that some people here have been raving about.

meowmix
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
For 13 bucks, not a bad deal AT ALL. Considering that it's a 660 foot reel we're talking about.

Shangri La
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Im pretty sure this is an error that TW will soon correct.

Orion
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
The reels are no longer available. I didn't notice that this wasn't Hollow Core Pro. I ordered two anyway thinking the price was a steal, they were on backorder soooooo I'm expecting the order to go unfilled. LOL

captinsane903
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
This string played great for 2 2hour sessions. But now, it feels dead and i'm not getting as much spin which is a little depressing. =\

scotus
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
The reels are no longer available. I didn't notice that this wasn't Hollow Core Pro. I ordered two anyway thinking the price was a steal, they were on backorder soooooo I'm expecting the order to go unfilled. LOL

I ordered 6 reels. Just received an email stating that they would not honor the price.

autumn_leaf
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I ordered 6 reels. Just received an email stating that they would not honor the price.

can't really blame them, that would be quite a loss with all the orders they probably received.

Orion
01-06-2010, 05:13 AM

I received same email. Would be nice if they would offer some form of consolation for their error, ie 20% off one item or free next-day shipping on the next order. I'm going to give it a go and see what their response is. I wonder how long they had it listed at the wrong price??

origmarm
01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
TW Europe is all about the pricing errors so far for me. I've tried to order 4 string reels (two different orders) and both times they have not honoured the price. I will not be attempting to buy from them again. It's either my UK suppliers or TW when I go over to the US going forward. Shame really, could have been a good business if the prices weren't out of whack and when they were good (or in line) not honoured...

Hankenstein
01-07-2010, 02:28 AM
EDIT; someone had posted prices in europe on previous page

DennisK
01-08-2010, 01:17 PM
TW Europe is all about the pricing errors so far for me. I've tried to order 4 string reels (two different orders) and both times they have not honoured the price. I will not be attempting to buy from them again. It's either my UK suppliers or TW when I go over to the US going forward. Shame really, could have been a good business if the prices weren't out of whack and when they were good (or in line) not honoured...

I spoke to Bob at length today at 'World of Stringers' ;) about when he was getting in Lux Adrenaline. He wasn't able to give me a date as to when he was getting it in or a price either.

What he did say however, is that his Wilson rep was quite confused about Luxilon introducing a string with 90% of the performance, 200% better tension maintenance of ALU, but at less than 50% of the price. As this string will undoubtably take a lot of potential sales off people who would otherwise be using ALU.

The only thing I can surmise, is that Luxilon will re-aim ALU at the semi-pro / pro market where tension stability isn't an issue and the new Adrenaline will give them a much needed foothold back at the lower cost end of the market, which they've previously neglected.

ogruskie
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM
If TW Europe will carry this string on 1/22, will the US as well? I'm down to three sets of Silverstring and well be needing to restock with new strings soon. The Adrenaline looks interesting...

meowmix
01-10-2010, 08:02 AM
It almost seems contradictory to Luxilon's main market plan- they're such a high end luxury string dealer that it almost seems... stupid to lower their price so much. It's almost like they're BMW, previously selling for 50k, and now dropping their prices for one car down to 20k... Seems just weird.

ClubHoUno
01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
It almost seems contradictory to Luxilon's main market plan- they're such a high end luxury string dealer that it almost seems... stupid to lower their price so much. It's almost like they're BMW, previously selling for 50k, and now dropping their prices for one car down to 20k... Seems just weird.

I would rephrase that a bit ;)

It's like BMW still selling their flagship cars at the same high price, but launching a new smaller but very capable car, like the small 1 series :)

PED
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I would rephrase that a bit ;)

It's like BMW still selling their flagship cars at the same high price, but launching a new smaller but very capable car, like the small 1 series :)

Yes, but in this a case the "1 series" represented by Adrenaline would be more comfy and just as fast as the five series but would cost 30% less. :)

The analogy i used in another thread is the porsche cayman, that is faster round the Nurburgring than the 911 yet still costs less. The one series is a fine car but it's no five series. However, Adrenaline (IMO) is right there in terms of performance with ALU.

Club, have you had a chance to hit with Adrenaline? I know you are more of a natty gut guy but the adrenaline is quite nice. I'm glad it's coming in a thicker size than just the 1.25 as well.

ClubHoUno
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes, but in this a case the "1 series" represented by Adrenaline would be more comfy and just as fast as the five series but would cost 30% less. :)

The analogy i used in another thread is the porsche cayman, that is faster round the Nurburgring than the 911 yet still costs less. The one series is a fine car but it's no five series. However, Adrenaline (IMO) is right there in terms of performance with ALU.

Club, have you had a chance to hit with Adrenaline? I know you are more of a natty gut guy but the adrenaline is quite nice. I'm glad it's coming in a thicker size than just the 1.25 as well.

Maybe I should buy a reel of it and see how it plays then :)

I always hybrid my poly with natty gut (gut in the amins) and Prime Multi (Multi in the crosses) - so would think of trying Adenaline as my cross string in a VS Team 17 natty gut hybrid - I only tested Adrenaline once.
Need to test it further......

How is the tension maintenance of the Adrenaline compared to SPPP and Hyperion ?

PED
01-10-2010, 02:41 PM
How is the tension maintenance of the Adrenaline compared to SPPP and Hyperion ?

I've not used Hyperion but have used SPPP. Adrenaline was still going strong at 6 hours for me in the tension department....then it broke. I used the 1.25mm size which is really a 1.23mm. I think a move up to the 16g would remedy that problem though.

ClubHoUno
01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I've not used Hyperion but have used SPPP. Adrenaline was still going strong at 6 hours for me in the tension department....then it broke. I used the 1.25mm size which is really a 1.23mm. I think a move up to the 16g would remedy that problem though.

I'm about to purchase some reels of my old favorite poly, the SPPP (it only costs me 60/$85 for a 200 meter/660 feet reel), but now I see TW Europe also sells the Adrenaline for 'only' 100/$145 pr. reel).

Maybe I should dump my old trusty SPPP and get 2 reels of Lux Adrenaline - one reel in 1.20 gauge for 4 my Bab PSGT Tours with Adrenaline 1.20 mains and Babolat Xcel POwer 16 crosses and another reel in 1.25 gauge for my 4 BuLLOX 6.1 95 18x20 with VS Team 17 mains and Adrenaline 1.25 crosses :p

I prefer a thick string in the crosses and a thin string for the mains - that's why I consider getting both gauges (and also because I'm a bit insane when it comes to strings ;) )

Has anyone played with both the 1.20 and 1.25 gauge of the Lux Adrenaline ??

PED
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree, the thicker crosses is always better in a hybrid since a thin cross will saw right through the mains.

That's still a pretty big difference in costs in reels. I'm trying out Concept Pure right now and I can get a reel for $89-that's pretty cheap :)

bieker
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Luxilon is such trash imo...

Don't get me wrong I looove BBO fresh but their strings go dead much faster than strings that play alot like Luxilon.

ClubHoUno
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Luxilon is such trash imo...

Don't get me wrong I looove BBO fresh but their strings go dead much faster than strings that play alot like Luxilon.

The adrenaline should hold tension better than all the other regular Lux - some think it does, others disagree though :confused:

BurghKing
01-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Speaking of Adrenaline, it looks like some of the pro players are starting to try it. There is a blog on the Wilson Baiardo site that says the pros are giving it favorable feedback and it shows a box of the string:
http://www.baiardo.info/cms/index.php/eng/Tour/Australian-Open-2010

DennisK
01-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Speaking of Adrenaline, it looks like some of the pro players are starting to try it. There is a blog on the Wilson Baiardo site that says the pros are giving it favorable feedback and it shows a box of the string:
http://www.baiardo.info/cms/index.php/eng/Tour/Australian-Open-2010

Well its not as if Wilson would say that the players think its a load of crap, would they? ;)

I think its a bit suspect that any pro would try a new string when practicing for a 'slam. During training yes, but not during a tournament.

ryushen21
01-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Well its not as if Wilson would say that the players think its a load of crap, would they? ;)

I think its a bit suspect that any pro would try a new string when practicing for a 'slam. During training yes, but not during a tournament.

Just goes along with everything else. PJed frames etc. It's all a cover up for marketing. Gotta make that dollar.

I still think Adrenaline was terrible.

origmarm
01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
I spoke to Bob at length today at 'World of Stringers' ;) about when he was getting in Lux Adrenaline. He wasn't able to give me a date as to when he was getting it in or a price either.

What he did say however, is that his Wilson rep was quite confused about Luxilon introducing a string with 90% of the performance, 200% better tension maintenance of ALU, but at less than 50% of the price. As this string will undoubtably take a lot of potential sales off people who would otherwise be using ALU.

The only thing I can surmise, is that Luxilon will re-aim ALU at the semi-pro / pro market where tension stability isn't an issue and the new Adrenaline will give them a much needed foothold back at the lower cost end of the market, which they've previously neglected.

Thanks for the update Dennis, use them almost exclusively now in the UK. I tend to agree with him about the Lux sales tactics. Confusing. If it's going for a decent price I'll give a set a try. I may be off the poly though soon if my arm gets any worse :(

As an aside I got some Mantis stuff from them the other day, was actually cheaper than buying direct from Mantis (?!?).

Rabbit
01-15-2010, 07:08 AM
I may be off the poly though soon if my arm gets any worse :(

I've been hearing that a lot lately....no joke.

origmarm
01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
I've been hearing that a lot lately....no joke.

For sure I have also. Though for me it's been less of a lately and more of a slow trickle all the time. I've moved into "soft polys" and hybrids as an experiment to see how that goes.

DennisK
01-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the update Dennis, use them almost exclusively now in the UK. I tend to agree with him about the Lux sales tactics. Confusing. If it's going for a decent price I'll give a set a try. I may be off the poly though soon if my arm gets any worse :(

As an aside I got some Mantis stuff from them the other day, was actually cheaper than buying direct from Mantis (?!?).

Yeah, Bob is a really friendly, helpful and honest guy. Always happy to anwer any questions you have and to devote time to just chewing the fat. He couldn't get me the answers regarding Adrenaline availability there and then, so called me back at 19:30 that evening on my mobile when he had the info. We ended up having a 20min conversation.

The reason's they are probably able to sell Mantis stuff so cheap, is that they're a new brand. So to try and get established, they sell to the trade super cheap at the start. And to avoid stepping on the toes of the trade outlets they sell to, they deliberately sell at a higher price on their own website.

Dags
01-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah, Bob is a really friendly, helpful and honest guy. Always happy to anwer any questions you have and to devote time to just chewing the fat.

You can say that again: sometimes it's impossible to get him off the phone. :)

I may be off the poly though soon if my arm gets any worse :(
I had arm problems last year (though not actually from tennis as it happens), and used a Powerball to help me rehab it. It helped a lot in strengthening the muscles.

Fredrik
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM

Quoting myself; yeah, I know, I know;-)

Just saw that TW Europe has "adjusted" the price of Adrenaline. 11.30 Euros now.:shock: They initially had it at 4,something.

When something seems too good to be true, it usually is a duck ;-)

Kinda hoping that this string sucks BLX now...

DennisK
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
The price changed to 5.86 Euro's and now its over 11 Euro's?

Geez, the price is rising quicker than petrol and that's saying something.

If the price is like that, then I'll be sticking with SPPP, thank you very much.

PROTENNIS63
01-17-2010, 05:11 PM
http://tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageACWILSONH-LA16L.html

Around $18 a set. No thank you.

doubless
01-17-2010, 05:33 PM
what a bummer on the price change thought it would be a good replacement for alu

origmarm
01-18-2010, 01:19 AM
The reason's they are probably able to sell Mantis stuff so cheap, is that they're a new brand. So to try and get established, they sell to the trade super cheap at the start. And to avoid stepping on the toes of the trade outlets they sell to, they deliberately sell at a higher price on their own website.

Makes sense when I think about it. Hopefully they will make something of it. I'm really keen to try it but my ankle is playing up at the moment so it'll be a while. Still gives me some time to rest my arm (god I sound like a broken person!).

The price changed to 5.86 Euro's and now its over 11 Euro's?

Sounds about right for them. They do this consistently. At least no one was able to put in an order this time.

niketennispro
01-18-2010, 07:18 AM
well this site has the string for under $10

http://www.*************.com/String_Luxilon_Adrenaline120.html

niketennispro
01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
t e n n i s c o m p a n y

DennisK
01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Sounds about right for them. They do this consistently. At least no one was able to put in an order this time.

I think its pretty silly to place something on your website with a price, before you actually know what the price really is. :confused:

origmarm
01-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I think its pretty silly to place something on your website with a price, before you actually know what the price really is. :confused:

Agreed. It seems mostly however that they put up the incorrect price for a product they have in stock. People order it and then they realise and correct it and refuse to honour the orders. Fun and games.

Matchball
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I like luxilon. Played some of my best games with Alu Power and Alu Spin. I liked WCSS because it came in thinner gauge (more playable, more bite) and it also had an obvious advantage in regards to tension stability !!

Now I see that Luxilon introduce a 1.20 gauge and claim improvement, exactly where alu power lacked the most. TW Europe 99 a reel... Interesting...

nabbydian
01-21-2010, 07:52 AM
TW with their reply on the strings:

"Luxilon Adrenaline will be selling for $9.95/set, $150/reel. Will be available in 16, 16L, 17 gauges."

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=307746

acer4tennis
01-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Great price for Lux. We all should try it.

Matchball
01-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Just ordered a reel...!! Can't wait to try it, I am pretty confident with what to expect.

ClubHoUno
01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Just ordered a reel...!! Can't wait to try it, I am pretty confident with what to expect.

What gauge did you get ?

I just ordered a 200 meter reel of Adrenaline in 1.20 gauge........

PROTENNIS63
01-22-2010, 01:47 PM
$150 a reel is not bad at all. I am impressed they priced it that low. I may order a set with my next order.

Matchball
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
What gauge did you get ?

I just ordered a 200 meter reel of Adrenaline in 1.20 gauge........

Ditto...!!

pelusi
01-28-2010, 08:36 AM
someone else has used?

PED
01-28-2010, 08:45 AM
$150 a reel is not bad at all. I am impressed they priced it that low. I may order a set with my next order.

I really liked the Adrenaline when I played with it back in November and I think that $150 for a reel is great, but after using the SpinX here in the last few weeks, I can't find a solid reason why I would even pay the $50 extra over a SpinX reel.

Still, well done for Lux to come out with a nice new product that's reasonably priced. :)

DownTheLine
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Does it play just like ALU POWER? I have three pretty big tourneys coming up and I can't afford to be messing around with stuff like this.

If it plays just like it I'll order 5 sets if not I don't want to waste money or time.

Thank you!

PROTENNIS63
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
I really liked the Adrenaline when I played with it back in November and I think that $150 for a reel is great, but after using the SpinX here in the last few weeks, I can't find a solid reason why I would even pay the $50 extra over a SpinX reel.

Still, well done for Lux to come out with a nice new product that's reasonably priced. :)

Hmmm... Good point. I would think the Adrenaline would be softer though?? Either way, I may still get a set just to be able to say that I have tried the new Lux Adrenaline. :twisted:

davidahenry
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
I have not tried Adrenaline yet, but I am not sure it will play THAT close to Alu. It might. But... It uses a different technology than the Big Banger family of strings. Check out my blog post about it based on information I read from Jeff Davies at Luxilon:

http://www.inspired-tennis.com/2010/01/new-luxilon-string-adrenaline/

Take care.

DH

Roger#1
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I am getting my reel of 1.30 Adrenaline today and will let you know how it compares to the Alu power that is freshly strung up in my other stick.

DownTheLine
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
So much for it being here on 2/1...

Marcel94
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I have played both Adrenaline 1.25 and ALU just a few days ago. I really like ALU but Adrenaline doesn`t play similar to ALU IMO. It plays like cheap Poly but BBO and ALU are way better IMO.

DownTheLine
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Still not here on 2/2 :(

davidahenry
02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
I have played both Adrenaline 1.25 and ALU just a few days ago. I really like ALU but Adrenaline doesn`t play similar to ALU IMO. It plays like cheap Poly but BBO and ALU are way better IMO.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I kind of figured that might be the case with Adrenaline - since it is based on a different technology than the Big Banger family of strings and since it is priced to compete with less expensive polys on the market.

Still looking forward to trying it myself in order to form my own opinion.

Take care.

DH

Fedace
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
why is Delpo using this cheap stuff ??

ClubHoUno
02-03-2010, 12:25 AM
why is Delpo using this cheap stuff ??

Why is Delpo using the new Wilson K Pro racquet (FYI he's not using the racquet) - Fedace with more than a gazillion posts in here, you should know that maybe Delpo is sponsored by Luxilon and payed to let the world think hey uses that cheap sh......it :)

chaddles
02-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Thats how he gets a gazillion posts... by posting ridiculous questions/comments.

So I get the feeling that Adrenaline isn't the Alu Power beater that has been portrayed by certain people on here....

gameboy
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Ummm.... it is available for sale RIGHT NOW!!!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LuxilonString.html

Love50
02-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Just picked up a couple of sets... :)

DownTheLine
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM

Finally...

scotus
02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
There is almost no saving for going with the reel. Only about a dollar per set.

Might as well get individual sets.

origmarm
02-04-2010, 12:44 AM

"A crisper, firmer Luxilon"....ouch!

DonBot
02-05-2010, 06:43 AM
"A crisper, firmer Luxilon"....ouch!

Yeah I read that in the comment section and that killed any interest I had in trying these strings out. I hate regular lux and thought this may be like the new wave of other polys. Looks like I was wrong for thinking that!

origmarm
02-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah I read that in the comment section and that killed any interest I had in trying these strings out. I hate regular lux and thought this may be like the new wave of other polys. Looks like I was wrong for thinking that!

For sure it doesn't sound all that promising. I thought the idea was go after some of that "cheap, soft copoly" market...

PROTENNIS63
02-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Do you think the description is wrong? Can it actually be firmer and crisper than the ALU?

PED
02-05-2010, 08:59 AM
If you really like alu and want most of Alu's performance while still holding tension much then I would say to buy Adrenaline. If you don't care for ALU I can assure you that you will not like Adrenline.

I really like it but it's def a "Lux" feeling string and not a new "touchy,feely" type of copoly.

SteveI
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
If you really like alu and want most of Alu's performance while still holding tension much then I would say to buy Adrenaline. If you don't care for ALU I can assure you that you will not like Adrenline.

I really like it but it's def a "Lux" feeling string and not a new "touchy,feely" type of copoly.

I did a playtest for Wilson on this one. It felt like TS CyberFlash.. but the tension held much better. It was not a "touch" string. Baseline basher string IMHO. Priced about right. I would still get the Unique BH over the Adrenaline.

Is of course is just my experience.

Regards,
Steve

Indiana Puffed
02-14-2010, 02:28 PM
All quiet on the Adrenaline front..... anyone else got any opinions on this string? My plan is to use a nat gut mains and am looking for a poly cross that maintains tension stability (as well as polys can) and also gives a little bit spin from cross ala Lux Rough.

downs_chris
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
All quiet on the Adrenaline front..... anyone else got any opinions on this string? My plan is to use a nat gut mains and am looking for a poly cross that maintains tension stability (as well as polys can) and also gives a little bit spin from cross ala Lux Rough.

i have a few packs coming this week...i'm kind of curious about it...

gameboy
02-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I have a couple of set in my hand and waiting for my current set to pop. If they were nat gut, I would have cut them out already, but I can't bring myself to do that.

The one set is about to go, I should be able to report this week.

downs_chris
02-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I have a couple of set in my hand and waiting for my current set to pop. If they were nat gut, I would have cut them out already, but I can't bring myself to do that.

definitely keep us updated...what's your impression of it so far? is it basically a cheaper alu power?

Indiana Puffed
02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
i have a few packs coming this week...i'm kind of curious about it...

Cool, fingers crossed it is decent stuff! It is probably safe to say it won't quite compare to premium Lux (what does?) but hopefully it should have it's own qualities.

lineitup
02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Just ordered a set of the 120, im scared its either going to 1. break reallly easily or 2. since its the 17 gauge it'll tear through my 130 gauge crosses..

TennisNinja
02-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm getting a set for free, I'll post when I get it.

pmacino
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
My local shop wanted me to play test this setup as a Lux player. I let them string it up however they wanted for the test. Outcome is Adrenaline mains (17) at 58 pounds and the new Wilson Hollow Core Pro (17) in the crosses at 62 pounds.

I'm going to try and get out in the next day or two and take it for a spin. Will report back.

Pix for Kix...

http://www.macinos.com/adrenaline_hollow_core_pro-1.jpg
http://www.macinos.com/adrenaline_hollow_core_pro-2.jpg
http://www.macinos.com/adrenaline_hollow_core_pro-3.jpg
http://www.macinos.com/adrenaline_hollow_core_pro-4.jpg

gameboy
02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, the Adrenalines I have are a lot darker than the pics above.

pmacino
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Hmmm, the Adrenalines I have are a lot darker than the pics above.

Probably the bright shop lights...They are a greyish like ALU, but with a gold/bronze hue to them...If you look at the mains closer to the throat it's a more accurate color.

alfa164164
02-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Here's my impression of Luxilon Adrenaline 1.30: I like the spin and control of ALU but don't like the comfort or how quickly it becomes dead. Adrenaline is definitely more comfortable, to me it seems it will be competing with all the new, softer, copolys out there (not sure what this "crisper and firmer than ALU" is about). It is too early to tell how long this stuff will play well, but initially I really like it. I've been using mostly Tecnifibre Black Code 17g lately (also a fan of Polystar Energy) and will have a hard time picking between these strings if the Adrenaline continues to hold up. In short, I find that Adrenaline is softer and more comfortable than ALU with a smidge more power, ALU probably has a bit more bite. Very pleased with the initial playability and like the grey color.

SteveI
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Here's my impression of Luxilon Adrenaline 1.30: I like the spin and control of ALU but don't like the comfort or how quickly it becomes dead. Adrenaline is definitely more comfortable, to me it seems it will be competing with all the new, softer, copolys out there (not sure what this "crisper and firmer than ALU" is about). It is too early to tell how long this stuff will play well, but initially I really like it. I've been using mostly Tecnifibre Black Code 17g lately (also a fan of Polystar Energy) and will have a hard time picking between these strings if the Adrenaline continues to hold up. In short, I find that Adrenaline is softer and more comfortable than ALU with a smidge more power, ALU probably has a bit more bite. Very pleased with the initial playability and like the grey color.

Hi,

What sort of tension did you use with the Luxilon Adrenaline 1.30?

gameboy
02-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I finally cut out my Klip Legend gut (it was almost gone anyway) on my Prince NXG OS and strung it up with 17g Adrenaline at 60lbs.

My opinion is this is one fantastic poly.

It is not as harsh as ALU or Black or Red Code that I have tried before. It doesn't have that brittle "pingy-ness" to it. It is very smooth and very responsive.

It is not quite as plush as the softest poly like M2. Adrenaline does not have the kind of deep ball pocketing feel of M2, but it is definitely softer than a usual poly.

The power is typical for a poly - fairly low. The spin generation is good. Not quite the spin monster of the top of the line polys, but certainly better than synthetics and better than the Klip Legend that was on the stick before. The balls were very controllable and had very good heavy dips which made it difficult for my hitting partners to return it clean.

I am really hoping that this is little longer lasting than a typical poly. As it is, this would be the poly of my choice based on its performance and its price. I have a hard time believing there is a better value poly around.

Very solid strings.

alfa164164
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
SteveI - 52 lbs. in a Fischer M Pro No 1 98

azbabolat
02-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I think they are great quality for the price

scotus
02-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Let me try to gauge the comfort level of this string.

Contrary to Luxilon's own claim, Adrenaline is reportedly more arm-friendly than ALU according to alfa and Gameboy.

But it may not be as comfortable as M2 (acc to Gameboy).

Any other reference points? How about a comparison to ALU Flouro? Ace?

SteveI
02-18-2010, 10:05 AM
SteveI - 52 lbs. in a Fischer M Pro No 1 98

Thanks..:-)

SteveI
02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Let me try to gauge the comfort level of this string.

Contrary to Luxilon's own claim, Adrenaline is reportedly more arm-friendly than ALU according to alfa and Gameboy.

But it may not be as comfortable as M2 (acc to Gameboy).

Any other reference points? How about a comparison to ALU Flouro? Ace?

Hi,

I was one of the playtesters. Big Hitter Blue 17 seemed more arm-friendly then the Adrenaline I tested. It seemed right on par with TS CyberFlash 17.

I do not play Lux strings in general..

scotus
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I was one of the playtesters. Big Hitter Blue 17 seemed more arm-friendly then the Adrenaline I tested. It seemed right on par with TS CyberFlash 17.

I do not play Lux strings in general..

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Keep them coming, foks!

T1000
02-18-2010, 10:33 AM
can someone compare this to spin x red 17g or luxilon alu rough 16L? Thanks

ryushen21
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
T1000....adrenaline is nowhere near ALU rough. I was a playtester for this string and I did not like it at all. Seeing as it was billed as a less costly ALU, I had some relatively high hopes for it. I love ALU rough and ALU and have played with them quite a bit but did not like the short lifespan of them.

Adrenaline for me had nothing in common with ALU. No bite, no feel, no anything. It was, IMHO, the worst luxilon I have played with. There was just nothing there.

robJAR
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Can anyone compare this to cyber flash and/or cyber blue?

-robJAR

plowmanjoe
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Can anyone compare this to cyber flash and/or cyber blue?

-robJAR

i've tried cyber blue, and i play with cyberflash most of the time.

adrenaline plays like no poly i've ever tried. i initially hated it, but once it went dead it was tolerable for me since dead polys are all pretty similar.

I play with the pog os with full poly strung at 72 mains and 78lbs crosses. and i never cut strings out, but i almost cut adrenaline out.

82300sd
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
i've tried cyber blue, and i play with cyberflash most of the time.

adrenaline plays like no poly i've ever tried. i initially hated it, but once it went dead it was tolerable for me since dead polys are all pretty similar.

I play with the pog os with full poly strung at 72 mains and 78lbs crosses. and i never cut strings out, but i almost cut adrenaline out.

WOW! That is pretty high for a poly in a POG OS, you sure the poly is not dead before you even start playing with it? :P
What poly do you use? How long does it last at that tension before it dies?

alfa164164
02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Follow up to my earlier post: have hit some more with Adrenaline 130 with both a hard hitting baseliner and also a more moderate ball striker. I have to say the string feels much better when playing against a banger. Against a softer shot, the Adrenaline just doesn't feel that great. IMO this string will be better suited for players "in the line of fire" and not recreational hit and gigglers!

gameboy
02-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Played a league match with it on Sat. Felt just great. The combination of the OS frame and Adrenaline at 60lb just felt really right. I felt like I couldn't miss with my forehand and the opponents complimented on my heavy serve.

I am almost tempted to string my second racquet with Adrenaline too, but I think I should just keep that natural gut since it does feel so much more plush.

AeroBroDrive
02-22-2010, 06:16 PM
wow i was so surprised about how long the 16L takes to break in. I had to take out my dampener.

lineitup
02-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Ah man, I love this stuff, got it in my pdgt mains at 60 with sensation at 60. I noticed how much more spin i hit with, and it was verrry noticeable.

My only question is, when the strings go "dead" do i lose this crazy spin? Or do they just lose a bit of tension?

10ispro
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I strung my YT Prestige Pro with half adrenaline 17(60LBS) and half Live Wire 17 (63LBS). It felt good for the 1st hour in a lesson hitting against a 3.5. It felt OK, hitting for an hour and a half against some of the top juniors in the club. Felt like garbage hitting against 4.0+ guys in a drill session.
Hit with a 4.5 guy I work with today...still did not play that well. felt like mush, no life to it at all.
its the same feeling I had when I 1st tried BB Alu years ago and quit using it.

I may try the other half set with a different synthetic, but so far the Adrenaline gets a big thumbs down for me, mostly bc of tension maintenance.

matiasjuan
02-25-2010, 12:58 PM
For those of you that want to try out Adrenaline, I got this facebook update from Luxilon a few days ago:

...If you haven't won a set of strings yet, you still have more chances this week! Be sure to enter once each business day! http://bit.ly/cCiNka

And it doesn't look like that many people are entering each day, so chances of winning are probably pretty good!

DownTheLine
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Just ordered 3 packs of the 17 gauge. It will be here tomorrow. I'll try one full bed at 58 Lbs. Then if I don't like that I'll go ALU POWER in the mains at 58 and Adrenaline in the crosses at 56.

Matchball
02-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I think it makes perfect sense to try a full bed at first.

I mostly hybrid, got a reel of adrenaline, but haven't tried yet..!!
I promise to try it full bed in the beginning.

My main concern is to compare it to WCSS.

ncwxx717
03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
i tried it also and i liked it.... does anyone know the difference between adrenaline, alu power, and alu power rough?

DownTheLine
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM
I strung up all my racquets with Adrenaline after trying it. I haven't really noticed a difference between the two and since Adrenaline is cheaper and hopefully lasts longer I'll stick with it.

The difference between the ALU series and Adrenaline is the core apparently there's Aluminum(ALU) in the middle of ALU POWER and ALU PR. The difference between ALU Power and ALU Power Rough is ALU PR has a textured surface which after 30-45 minutes of hitting wears down and doesn't do much.

ncwxx717
03-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I strung up all my racquets with Adrenaline after trying it. I haven't really noticed a difference between the two and since Adrenaline is cheaper and hopefully lasts longer I'll stick with it.

The difference between the ALU series and Adrenaline is the core apparently there's Aluminum(ALU) in the middle of ALU POWER and ALU PR. The difference between ALU Power and ALU Power Rough is ALU PR has a textured surface which after 30-45 minutes of hitting wears down and doesn't do much.

just wondering....did u like alu rough or alu power better?

Tennis_Crazed
03-06-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm an Alu Power guy and must say that Adrenaline doesn't compare in terms of play and feel. Goes dead quickly and off the string bed just doesn't feel as solid and crisp.

Ivan Lendl's Backhand
03-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I've just played for 4 hours with Adrenaline @ 56lbs and I'm still unsure as to to what to make of this string.

The stringbed feels crisp on contact with the ball, though slightly hard, but there is minimal spin generated compared to say Technifibre BlackCode or MSV Focus Hex.

The strings don't seem as if they're 'biting' the ball. It simply doesn't feel like a spin string to me, certainly compared to the best of what's out there.

Viking_Golfer
03-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm an Alu Power guy and must say that Adrenaline doesn't compare in terms of play and feel. Goes dead quickly and off the string bed just doesn't feel as solid and crisp.

So you think the Adrenaline goes dead quickly - compared to Alu Power :shock:

Since Alu Power dies faster than it's born, the Adrenaline must be the string in the world with the shortest lifespan :D

Seriously, Alu Power dies within 2-3 hours in the mains - Adrenaline at least do not die that fast. Not a great string, but in terms of lifespan, it's better than Alu Power or at least as good.

DownTheLine
03-06-2010, 03:39 PM
just wondering....did u like alu rough or alu power better?

I LOVED ALU POWER. But I love Adrenaline even more. I am serving great and hitting nice clean Strokes. I've only hit once with Adrenaline not being fresh and must say it plays really good still can't even notice a difference.

BurghKing
03-07-2010, 04:07 AM
^^^ I would have to agree. I have used ALU Power and Timo 122 a great and find Adrenaline to be a nice compliment to these strings. It seems to be slightly softer (not as much as M2), but not as stiff as the ALU or Timo. I still get great spin and I feel I might even get more power. Plus, the price is nice!

tomas9848
03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I won the contest and they sent it to me free :)

Ivan Lendl's Backhand
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I played another 2 hours with this string this evening, this time in a hybrid with Premier LT 1.30 as the multi in the crosses. Adrenaline 1.20 @ 55lbs and LT @ 58lbs.

I don't like this string. It feels crisp but it simply doesn't bite the ball or generate any spin. I found that I had to adjust my game to suit the string rather than the string complementing my game. Alot of my forehands were only just going over the net, and my backhands were hitting the tape or going into the net. It's powerful poly but it didn't feel as if it produced as much control as other polys. It's also one of the stiffer polys (though not as stiff as Alu) yet doesn't seem to bite the ball and produce much spin. I don't think it works very well as a hybrid - its better as a full bed string.

Flat hitters may like it, as will anyone who simply wants a string to stiffen the stringbed, but for me its a no-go, and I will strick with BlackCode, Hex, and Pro Line 2 as my preferred polys.

Greek Goliath
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM
^^^ I would have to agree. I have used ALU Power and Timo 122 a great and find Adrenaline to be a nice compliment to these strings. It seems to be slightly softer (not as much as M2), but not as stiff as the ALU or Timo. I still get great spin and I feel I might even get more power. Plus, the price is nice!

I concur with this assessment :)

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

chaddles
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Had this strung at 58lb on Youtek Prestige Pro and it was a good string for the price. I got 6-8 hours out of it and it broke, which is the first time ever that I have broke a string. It was still playing pretty well at that time.
Didn't have any outstanding characteristics, still played very good but well behind M2 Pro & Alu Power.

Not going to be at the top of my list thats for sure, but still a decent string.

DownTheLine
03-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I like the string, but I have to go down to the 16L or 16. I broke a string in about 2 hours of play. The other two haven't broke yet and I've played about 7-10 hours with both.

gh65721
03-14-2010, 05:29 AM
To me, Adrenaline is a better value than M2 Pro, both very good, I am not sure M2 Pro is worth the extra cost.

ClubHoUno
03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I have made a small test of Adrenaline compared to Alu Power and how I felt they performed:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=317535