PDA

View Full Version : back of wrist, base of ring finger pain....

LeeD
12-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey guys and gals...
Anyone here have this sharp pain that totally keeps you from hitting any kind of backhand?
I get this all the time, and only after serving will the pain sometimes go away. Makes me and my partner's nuts when I try to warm up with this weird pain, but usually 1/4 thru the set, the pain goes away and the topspin backhand comes back.
Not willing to go back to 2HBH, mainly because I'm 60 and not too quick with the feet or the reach.
Thanks.

charliefedererer
12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I hope it's not a triangular fibrocartilage tear, but you may want to read the following to see if the pain you are having is in this area:
http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_trifibcc_sma.htm

LeeD
12-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks, thanks, thanks, for the link....
Totally applies to my situation. I've had limited motion since I broke my little finger and ring finger in a combined 4 pin fix back in '71. Alway had this wrist thing thru my motocross and waterski careers, and when I started tennis in '74, I used a 2HBH to alleviate the problem.
Since I can't rest it for too long (windsurfing season is spring/summer/fall, I'll just live with it and drive my warmup partner's nuts by hitting like a LOLady when the pain comes in.
I've also had a sprained left ankle since Sept. '08. Yes, 16 months.. :oops::oops:

SuperDuy
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I have a problem like this too thos its the pinkie finger, cannot bend it back even a bit on my right hand, though on my left it can bend back so far. Pain when I hit a backhand.

LeeD
03-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Eh, you're young and strong, suck it up and play tennis......:)