PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro Tour Sampras 6 Pack Tennis Bag ?

rk_sports
12-20-2009, 05:07 PM
This question is regarding 'Wilson [K] Pro Tour Sampras 6 Pack Tennis Bag', not 'Super' 6 Pack (which seems a tad bigger for me)

Local store is out of them and planning to order online..

Does this bag have a thermal water bottle pocket?
(saw some review of a Wilson's bag which has it, not sure which if this one does)

I know it has -
# 1 side accessories pocket
# 1 Thermoguard racket compartment (holds 3)
# 1 Moistureguard racket compartment (holds 3)
# Two small outer accessory compartments

tarkowski
12-21-2009, 03:21 PM
This question is regarding 'Wilson [K] Pro Tour Sampras 6 Pack Tennis Bag', not 'Super' 6 Pack (which seems a tad bigger for me)

Local store is out of them and planning to order online..

Does this bag have a thermal water bottle pocket?
(saw some review of a Wilson's bag which has it, not sure which if this one does)

I know it has -
# 1 side accessories pocket
# 1 Thermoguard racket compartment (holds 3)
# 1 Moistureguard racket compartment (holds 3)
# Two small outer accessory compartments

It does not have the water bottle pocket. And it also does not have your last bullet point (2 accessory compartments). Still a great bag nonetheless... I own the super six and have been very happy with it.

JoelDali
12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Great bag with horrible features. No small compartments like Head bags have. Just one big opening. My keys and all my ***** fly everyhere.

rk_sports
12-21-2009, 07:06 PM
It does not have the water bottle pocket. And it also does not have your last bullet point (2 accessory compartments). Still a great bag nonetheless... I own the super six and have been very happy with it.

Ah! About the super 6, what else does it have apart from the center compartment?
I just carry 3 rackets and thought this will be too big..

jwbarrientos
12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Great bag with horrible features. No small compartments like Head bags have. Just one big opening. My keys and all my ***** fly everyhere.

Hi JoelDali, What head's bag have you in mind?

Thanks for the answer.

Tad-X
12-22-2009, 12:36 AM
IMO the better choice would be Sampras Super 6. You'll got more space first of all. It's always useful. Secondly, you carry 3 rackets but remember that you'll need space for water, clothes, shoes etc. Do ordinary 6 would carry all of these? If you're sure, that's ok.

I'm I'm very happy with my Sampras Super 6 :)

rk_sports
12-23-2009, 02:05 PM
IMO the better choice would be Sampras Super 6. You'll got more space first of all. It's always useful. Secondly, you carry 3 rackets but remember that you'll need space for water, clothes, shoes etc. Do ordinary 6 would carry all of these? If you're sure, that's ok.

I'm I'm very happy with my Sampras Super 6 :)

The only complaint it seem is lack of small pockets in 6 pack.. is that true for the Super 6 pack too?

tarkowski
12-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Ah! About the super 6, what else does it have apart from the center compartment?
I just carry 3 rackets and thought this will be too big..

Yes that is true - the super six has a 3rd center compartment and nothing more (well, it has a nylon hook at the top that is easy to grab when leaned against a wall). If you don't need to carry clothes, shoes, water... the regular six will be fine. In winter, I like the super-six to carry a change of clothes.

The Wilson bags that have the water-bottle compartment and extra side compartments are the 'Eco Pro Tours'... the red and black, and black and gold.

rk_sports
12-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes that is true - the super six has a 3rd center compartment and nothing more (well, it has a nylon hook at the top that is easy to grab when leaned against a wall). If you don't need to carry clothes, shoes, water... the regular six will be fine. In winter, I like the super-six to carry a change of clothes.

The Wilson bags that have the water-bottle compartment and extra side compartments are the 'Eco Pro Tours'... the red and black, and black and gold.

Hmm.. I guess they listed it incorrectly (for both) at Amazon (TW doesn't seem to carry it now)
-
http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Tour-Sampras-Pack-Tennis/dp/B001P0G8Y6/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3#moreAboutThisProduct
http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Tour-Sampras-Super-Tennis/dp/B001Q0NNF2/ref=pd_sbs_sg_2#moreAboutThisProduct
# Two small outer accessory compartments.

JoelDali
12-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm impressed with how well it has performed with no holes or stitching coming off. I've beaten the hell out of this bag for 1 year and its taken a lot of abuse and has lived.

But again, no compartments is a huge loss.

Looks like they're not being produced any longer anyhow.

Why Wilson doesn't add compartmet pockets is such a mystery. Its a joke actually.

tarkowski
12-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Hmm.. I guess they listed it incorrectly (for both) at Amazon (TW doesn't seem to carry it now)
-
http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Tour-Sampras-Pack-Tennis/dp/B001P0G8Y6/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3#moreAboutThisProduct
http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Tour-Sampras-Super-Tennis/dp/B001Q0NNF2/ref=pd_sbs_sg_2#moreAboutThisProduct
# Two small outer accessory compartments.

Yes... unfortunately, they did list it wrong. Neither version of the Sampras bag has accessory pockets. To get em, you need the 'eco' version of the Pro-tour bags which only come in red/black and black/gold.

rk_sports
12-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes... unfortunately, they did list it wrong. Neither version of the Sampras bag has accessory pockets. To get em, you need the 'eco' version of the Pro-tour bags which only come in red/black and black/gold.

Funny thing is ...one of the main reason to seek this line was to get Pete's signature bag.. now, with the info you guys provided, if I gotta look elsewhere..like the Eco line, then again there are some other good bags as well like babolat aeropro or tecnifibre

rk_sports
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
ok! I decided to get Wilson Eco Sup 6 .. main reasons are the outer small pockets and water bottle holder.
Babolat Aero was my other choice.. but the yellow was a little too much for me!

Bag looks nice.. its light..not very study (like my Dunlop bag) ..fits all my gear.. I'm 3 demoing now and I've 3 .. all fit fine with all my other crap going in the middle and outer compartments.

y12.pats
06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
i know this thread has been inactive for a while
but I was wondering if anyone knows which bags keep good shape
I want to buy a wilson super six
do any of these keep their shape?

Tad-X
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Pete Sampras Super Six do keep shape and I love it ;)

new_tennis_player
06-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Does the sampras bag have any accessories pockets at all? Aside from the large middle compartment, of course.

Pete Sampras Super Six do keep shape and I love it ;)

The_Question
06-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Does the sampras bag have any accessories pockets at all? Aside from the large middle compartment, of course.

Nope, just one large outer side compartment pocket...

new_tennis_player
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmm, a bit minimalistic, but not too bad. Should be sufficient for most people.

I guess they have to differentiate between this bag and the higher end bag, by including a couple less features.

Nope, just one large outer side compartment pocket...

new_tennis_player
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
How much did you guys pay for your wilson eco pro tour super six? Or the Sampras Super Six? The eco pro tour super six is listing for $100 here at TW.