PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of traveling, wondering about cost

Hot Sauce
12-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I haven't done very much traveling in my lifetime but I'd very much like to. I live in British Columbia, Canada and I was thinking about getting a couple friends together and going to Asia. We'd be definitely interested in visiting Japan and South Korea. Right now it's just an idea but I'd like to look into it and hear any experiences that you guys have with traveling.

All comments are welcome.

Janne
12-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Well man, I love traveling! One of my passions in life, and I can highly recommend Asia: the culture is fascinating, the people friendly and, depending on where you're going, it can be really cheap. Though the last part really doesn't apply to Japan, for example. You can always make the experience cost less, by not choosing the biggest and most expensive hotel, not buying everything you see etc. But even if it'll end up costing quite a lot, I don't think you'll regret it - at least that's how I work. The memories and experiences you gain more than make up for the "loss" of money.

I like to travel at the very least once a year. Favorite places would include Thailand, Japan and Greece, although most places I've been to have been great in their own way, but Thailand really holds a place close to my heart. Next destination will probably be a country here in Europe again, one I haven't been to yet. I'm thinking Ireland, simply because I want to find that bar next to a waterfall, or a forest, or a lake or something, on a rainy day, scurry my way inside and find a warm atmosphere, people laughing and drinking Jameson, Irish folk music being played. Might be going there either during Mars-June, or as early as this Christmas vacation.

Goal is to visit at least 50 different countries before I die. I still have a long way to go, but I've had a pretty good start so far. Anyway, cheers man, that's all I have to say on this subject! :D

Janne

TahoeTennis
12-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I haven't done very much traveling in my lifetime but I'd very much like to. I live in British Columbia, Canada and I was thinking about getting a couple friends together and going to Asia. We'd be definitely interested in visiting Japan and South Korea. Right now it's just an idea but I'd like to look into it and hear any experiences that you guys have with traveling.

All comments are welcome.

Well be sure and stay for the Olympics up there in February!