PDA

View Full Version : Decided on Strings - Tension Advice Needed...

TripleB
12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
I've been using a Gamma T-7 since July...strung with Luxilon BB ALU Power 16L mains (60 pounds) and Yonex Tour Super 850 16g crosses (58 pounds).

Recently bought a pair of Boris Becker Pro racquets because of a great price and seeing if I might enjoy some extra pop in my game. Unfortunately the Becker led to some serious elbow pain. Last had it strung at 53m/52c with the Lux/Yonex hybrid set up...still the pain persists.

I'm going to string this racquet one last time before completely giving up on it.

I'm also looking to soften up my two T-7 racquets a bit (actually, to be honest, I've been using the Luxilon for a loooooong time and am just looking to change things up) in order to add a bit more touch at the net.

I've ordered the following strings that I'm planning to use in the three racquets mentioned above: Gaucho Natural Gut 16g, Yonex Tour Super 850 16g, Tecnifibre Black Code 17g, WeissCannon Scorpion 1.22, Babolat Addiction 16g.

My thinking right now is to string them in the following manner:

- T-7: Black Code 17g mains and Addiction 16g crosses

- T-7: Scorpion 1.22 mains and Gaucho Nat Gut crosses (or possibly the other half of the Addiction strings instead of the Gaucho?)

- Becker Pro: Yonex mains and Gaucho Nat Gut crosses

If that's the way I decided to go, what tension would you recommend I use with each set up?

Thanks for any and all input.

TripleB

Redvd8
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
from my experience with babolat addiction, those strings have amazing results great touch power and spin. if i were you i would set up the becker pro with a full set of addiction and see if the arm trouble still persists

meowmix
12-21-2009, 02:12 PM
^And from my experience, Global Gut really eliminates a lot of the shock/vibration inherent in other strings when used as a cross. I'm using it w/ a Lux poly main, and I barely feel anything due to the gut. Try it with the addiction mains like Redvd8 said.

ClubHoUno
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
You posted the same question on the other forum. See my answer to you there - don't want to repeat myself, already do that in here enough with string advices as it is ;)

TripleB
12-22-2009, 07:16 AM
What makes it hard to decide on tension is the different advice you get and don't know whether it's meant to apply to a poly/multi, poly/mono, multi/mono, poly/gut, multi/multi, etc. string job.

Some folks say string the softer string 3 pounds lighter while T-W says string the mains 2-3 pounds tighter without reference to whether it changes depending on the strings your using.

So it leaves you :confused:.

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

TripleB

TripleB
12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Here is what I've decided to go with:

1) Gamma T-7: Tecnifibre Black Code 17g mains (56 pounds) and Babolat Addiction 16g crosses (58 pounds)

2) Gamma T-7: WeissCANNON Scorpion 1.22 mains (56 pounds) and Yonex Tour Super 850 16g crosses (58 pounds)

3) Boris Beck Pro: Gaucho Natural Gut 16g mains and crosses (55 pounds each)

If you see any problems with the set-ups above please point them out.

TripleB