PDA

View Full Version : Crosses

dantesinferno18
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone I am looking for a good soft multi cross string. I will be using a poly in the mains, most likey luxilon and babolat revenge. Anyways can you guy suggest some good crosses and i dont want to spend too much.

These are some that i have been looking at But tell me you opinios and suggestions.
Gama Revalation
Head Rip control
Prince Softflex
Thanks for the help

tennisINmyBLOOD
12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Try Tecnifibre Multifeel for the crosses. They work great in the mains too... very crisp yet soft feeling. However, it might be a bit more pricey than what you are looking for at $9.50 a set. Babolat Addiction is a similar string in the same price range, though it is less crisp than Multifeel.

You might also want to look at Gosen OG Sheep Micro, though its actually a solid core synthetic gut. This string is superior when used as a cross. It really softens out the string bed. I prefer to use it as a cross rather than a full bed. Seems much softer when used as a cross. If purchased in a reel, it comes out to about $1.50 a set.

Rip Control works great as a full bed, but I have yet to use it as a cross. Very soft while remaining crisp as a full bed.

Alpha Gut 2000 is one of the cheapest multis you can find at $5.90 a set. Not sure how it plays, however.