PDA

View Full Version : MY STRING TENSION IS < 50 lbs

larry10s
12-23-2009, 04:33 AM
i tried a friends racquet strung at 40 lbs!!! multi filament (he was not sure the brand). i was very pleased with how soft and arm friendly it felt. even more surprised the ball did not go flying out. more control than i expected. please post your experiences pro and con if you have tried very low tensions before and did you stick with it or go back to your usual tension and why. thanks

JoelDali
12-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Dubble Post?

:)

larry10s
12-23-2009, 06:48 AM
wasnt sure where to put it. do you have any helpful comments?

dextor
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I think it would depend on the racquet as well. If on a mid-sized racquet then low 40s wouldn't be the same as on a mid-plus. If you can control it then the lower the better I guess.

larry10s
12-25-2009, 09:38 AM
played for 4 hours yesterday with my racquet freshly strung with babolat vs at 44 lbs. i could not beleive the bite ,grip ,pocketing feel. it seemed like i was getting more spin also. easy to control the ball . no trampoline or wildly rebounding long balls . i was VERY pleasantly surprised

JoelDali
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Are you using the T1000 or Jack Kramer wood?

Just curious.

tarkowski
12-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi larry,

I noticed in another thread that you own one of these racket covers. I was thinking about getting one (for racket protection in a bag) and I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer:

1 - is the zipper opening full-length, or is it just open at the top by the head?

2 - how big is it? had a K-factor cover that was just too huge to put in the bag, probably to accommodate the game-improvement 120" frames

thanks much

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Are you using the T1000 or Jack Kramer wood?

Just curious.

10 chars

ReopeningWed
12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Wilson Enduro Pro at 23 lbs. My first string job.
There was absolutely no bite at all, and because my swing is mostly vertical for the topspin component, I got no pace on the ball at all.
Tried flattening it out, and the ball proceeded to spray the fence. Somehow I managed to adapt, and played sub-par.
After I got home, I cut the strings out, asked a friend to restring it, and immediately hit the courts afterwards. What I found was that with the same swing I used for the 23 lb tension racket, every ball I hit subsequently flew straight into the bottom of the net.

larry10s
12-25-2009, 04:17 PM
my racquet is a vantage 95 16x19 stung 354gm 10 points headlight.

larry10s
12-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi larry,

I noticed in another thread that you own one of these racket covers. I was thinking about getting one (for racket protection in a bag) and I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer:

1 - is the zipper opening full-length, or is it just open at the top by the head?

2 - how big is it? had a K-factor cover that was just too huge to put in the bag, probably to accommodate the game-improvement 120" frames

thanks much

the zippered bag is from the butt to about 10 oclock on the frame , the cloth bag cover which i think would be adequate for protection in a tennis bag is really a sack that the racquet fits into and is fine

tarkowski
12-25-2009, 05:26 PM
the zippered bag is from the butt to about 10 oclock on the frame , the cloth bag cover which i think would be adequate for protection in a tennis bag is really a sack that the racquet fits into and is fine

sounds great... thanks!