PDA

View Full Version : Kid Cudi?

Mikey Fresh
12-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Anyone on these boards like him

skyzoo
12-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I'll agree he's decent. most of his songs sound the same. (pursuit of happiness and soundtrack to my life) A lot of his songs are really chill though. I'll say wasting my minutes is a great song.

mozzer
12-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah hes cooool. I love Embrace The Martian, but that could be listed as Crookers :/

Dgpsx7
12-23-2009, 09:03 AM
i have never listened to an album from beginning to end and been so disappointed. I like soundtrack to my life but generally I think he has very little talent and if he does he didn't use it in the album. His voice is also difficult to listen to.

maddogz32
12-23-2009, 11:03 AM
hes pretty good, i like the beat to his songs

agassi fan
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
pretty good not a good as drake

SuperFly
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
He's not one of the elite guys on the rap/hip-hop scene, but he's different. When everyone is talking about wasting enemies and having their way with the hoes, Cudi is separating himself from the pack. Vocally he's hard to listen to but right now he's one of the top songwriters out there.

jamesblakefan#1
12-23-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't like listening to him. His stuff is so depressing. My roomate played his album, so that's how I heard it. Good songs, but it's all so depressing. Emo-rap, I like to call it. I don't think he's anything special. I like Wale and Drake better, as far as the new crop of MCs are concerned.

Dgpsx7
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
pretty good not a good as drake

nowhere as good as Drake.

Dgpsx7
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
He's not one of the elite guys on the rap/hip-hop scene, but he's different. When everyone is talking about wasting enemies and having their way with the hoes, Cudi is separating himself from the pack. Vocally he's hard to listen to but right now he's one of the top songwriters out there.

what you are talking about is what I was hoping for when I first listened to his album but unfortunately he doesn't deliver. He mentions things but doesn't actually speak about any of them. He basically made an album that has 15 tracks about nothing.

littleboi21
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
He punched some fan at his concert.

skyzoo
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM
nowhere as good as Drake.
hahahahah this is coming from a guy who describes things as fierce. anyone is better than drake. Neither of these rapper/r&b artists can be considered good lyricaly. their beats make listening to this entertainment only.

10s talk
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
hes pretty good, i like the beat to his songs

you are ready to be an American Bandstand judge

rosenstar
12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
anyone is better than drake.

Ha agreed.

Kid Cudi's music is something different, there's really no other artist like him, so I can appreciate that. I like soundtrack to my life, T.G.I.F. (Thank God I'm Fly), Alive, Day and Night, and Cudi Zone. He's got 2 or 3 solid mixtapes too. He is a little depressing, but it's different and a nice change of pace I think.

Dgpsx7
12-23-2009, 09:09 PM
hahahahah this is coming from a guy who describes things as fierce. anyone is better than drake. Neither of these rapper/r&b artists can be considered good lyricaly. their beats make listening to this entertainment only.

haha, you did some research. Well, the only rap I listen to anymore is 2Pac(preferably all eyez on me). Its true that rappers are really only for entertainment purposes because of the content of what they rap about. Rap has been declining heavily since 2001. The sad part is that Drake with his entertaining rap still manages to speak with more substance than Kid Cudi. The song "fear" is two minutes long and has more substance in it than any of the 15 songs on Cudi's album. A lot of people are under the impression that Kid Cudi is a special kind of rapper just because he dresses like a hipster. I live in the east village this is where hipsters were born and reside and I can tell you that Cudi is counterfeit. His album was well below par and you wouldn't even know his name if he wasn't being pushed by Kanye.

Btw, remind me what I called fierce because I don't remember. I am pretty sure it was the KPS88 or a pair of vapors.

skyzoo
12-24-2009, 07:11 AM
haha, you did some research. Well, the only rap I listen to anymore is 2Pac(preferably all eyez on me). Its true that rappers are really only for entertainment purposes because of the content of what they rap about. Rap has been declining heavily since 2001. The sad part is that Drake with his entertaining rap still manages to speak with more substance than Kid Cudi. The song "fear" is two minutes long and has more substance in it than any of the 15 songs on Cudi's album. A lot of people are under the impression that Kid Cudi is a special kind of rapper just because he dresses like a hipster. I live in the east village this is where hipsters were born and reside and I can tell you that Cudi is counterfeit. His album was well below par and you wouldn't even know his name if he wasn't being pushed by Kanye.

Btw, remind me what I called fierce because I don't remember. I am pretty sure it was the KPS88 or a pair of vapors.
I believe it was a pair of shoes. Good stuff above by the way, i'd say your mostly right.

Dgpsx7
12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I believe it was a pair of shoes. Good stuff above by the way, i'd say your mostly right.

haha, thanks. Yea some of those vapors look pretty sick but I am yet to be the owner of one.

35ft6
12-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I like his cover of Buggin Out, if only because the video is amusing.

Noveson
12-24-2009, 12:16 PM
haha, thanks. Yea some of those vapors look pretty sick but I am yet to be the owner of one.

Lol fierce. Totally off topic but are you going frying pan on that ball haha? Just wondering why you used that picture

norbac
12-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I normally hate hip hop, but I've liked Cudi since last summer when I listened to "The Prayer". I think he's a great songwriter even though he really doesn't have a great voice.

And Drake? Really?

dParis
12-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm not really a fan of rap but I'm not necessarily a hater either. Thought I never heard of Cudi before now but after a youtube look-up inspired by this thread I see he does Day & Night. I thought the song was so bad that it took a place near the top of my hate list. But after checking out his other stuff, mostly off of Man on the Moon, I have a different perspective on it and I can listen to it without cringing.

As mentioned by several others, he is different and worth a listen to. There is something about Pursuit of Happiness I really like. It makes my ears happy in a way similar to My Girls by Animal Collective.

jamesblakefan#1
12-24-2009, 11:20 PM
I normally hate hip hop, but I've liked Cudi since last summer when I listened to "The Prayer". I think he's a great songwriter even though he really doesn't have a great voice.

And Drake? Really?

What's bad about Drake? Sure he's not the best lyrically, but he's got a good flow, and is probably more versatile than Cudi, who seems to only rap about depressing stuff.

Drake kinda reminds me of Kanye when he first came out, before he went all auto-tuned. A little cocky, but just enough to the point where you don't hate him. Now Kanye's too commercial, tries too hard, and everyone knows what an egotistical moron he is. Hopefully Drake doesn't go down that same path.

Getting back to Kid Cudi, he does seem a bit overhyped IMO. Nothing about him really stands out to me. Maybe that's why you guys like him, b/c he's not the typical flashy rapper, but to me he's just TOO boring. Not saying every rapper has to be the typical bling-bling bragging guy, but his flow puts me to sleep honestly.

Dgpsx7
12-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Lol fierce. Totally off topic but are you going frying pan on that ball haha? Just wondering why you used that picture

that picture was taken at the tennis courts at the university of Oregon. They were the most beautiful courts I have ever seen. I have never seen a tennis court that didn't have one imperfection(they were completely level). I used that picture because it always puts a smile on my face and makes me think of those courts. I also happened to shut out my opponent that day.

norbac
12-25-2009, 11:05 AM
What's bad about Drake? Sure he's not the best lyrically, but he's got a good flow, and is probably more versatile than Cudi, who seems to only rap about depressing stuff.

Drake kinda reminds me of Kanye when he first came out, before he went all auto-tuned. A little cocky, but just enough to the point where you don't hate him. Now Kanye's too commercial, tries too hard, and everyone knows what an egotistical moron he is. Hopefully Drake doesn't go down that same path.

Getting back to Kid Cudi, he does seem a bit overhyped IMO. Nothing about him really stands out to me. Maybe that's why you guys like him, b/c he's not the typical flashy rapper, but to me he's just TOO boring. Not saying every rapper has to be the typical bling-bling bragging guy, but his flow puts me to sleep honestly.

Hey, to each his own. Like I said I don't really listen to hip-hop/rap other than Cudi, guess I just like his different style. I'm more of a lyrics kinda guy either way.

Noveson
12-25-2009, 07:07 PM
that picture was taken at the tennis courts at the university of Oregon. They were the most beautiful courts I have ever seen. I have never seen a tennis court that didn't have one imperfection(they were completely level). I used that picture because it always puts a smile on my face and makes me think of those courts. I also happened to shut out my opponent that day.

Hah really? Had a tournament there last fall. I mean guess the green and yellow is cool hah, but where the hell have you been playing? They are just normal courts in a different color.

Mikey Fresh
12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
listen to up up and away its one of my favorites

skyzoo
12-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Hah really? Had a tournament there last fall. I mean guess the green and yellow is cool hah, but where the hell have you been playing? They are just normal courts in a different color.
Are the Ducks even that good this year? Their roster doesn't look amazing for that caliber of school.

Dgpsx7
12-26-2009, 05:16 PM

I live on the east coast the courts aren't bad but when I played on those they just seemed perfect. It might have been because of the light drizzle that day it just made them look great. Here on the east coast our outdoor courts don't stay in condition like that because of the winters.