PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipermotion on my 2HB?

MaratSafin_fan
12-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Is there a WWmotion on my left hand on my 2BH, just like my forehand?

LeeD
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Can be, if your oft hand grips Western or extreme SW

paulfreda
12-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I think it can be done with a right hand in Continental position.

First think of a 1 hander.
Even with a Continental, if you fold your wrist so the hand is 90 deg to the forearm, with a ball out front one can swipe across the ball from below with a suppination action [complement of the pronation on the forehand side] while releasing the wrist to zero degrees.
[Obviously much easier to do with a SW or W grip with 1 hand.]

A long time ago, I used to do this with a 1 hander Continental before I learned the strong grips [SW W Hawaiian].

Now for a BH 2 hander, simply add the other hand in a comfortable position for this particular shot.

For a 2 hander version of the 1 hand Continental WW, I would add the left hand [higher on the grip]
in a full Western position under the handle to allow me to get under the ball.

Thinking about this some more, I find it hard to imagine hitting a 2 hander with the
right hand in a Western position. And I can not see how one could get a WW action
if the left hand was in SW or Eastern or Continental position.

I hope this made sense and was not too confusing.

LeeD
12-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Harold Solomon often used both hands extreme SW, almost W, and flipped the racket over on his finish of the 2hbh.
Eddy Dibbs used the same oft hand almost W, but his dominant right hand went to almost Conti. Dibbs had a great slice with the one hander, Solomon chose to mostly hit topspin 2hbh's.

paulfreda
12-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Harold Solomon often used both hands extreme SW, almost W, and flipped the racket over on his finish of the 2hbh.

Do you mean one hand with base knuckle on one side and the other hand with base knucle on the other side ?
Almost like how you would pick up a picture frame ?

LeeD
12-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Harold was about 5'7" and maybe 145lbs. He got lots of high balls hit at him so he adopted a western forehand, or almost western. For his 2hbh, he also used a western forehand lefty grip, with the same right hand grip. On some balls, he'd turn over his right hand so the right palm faced upwards and to his right. That would be WW finish on a 2hbh.