PDA

View Full Version : klipperusa string

Larrysümmers
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
ok so i am thinking of getting a klippermate stringer. i was looking on the string site and i noticed a lot of good deals on their string,
i am looking for feed back on the strings. i am thinking about getting the synthetic at 18 or 17 gauge. so are these strings worth it?
also has anyone tried their overgrip, i am wondering what that is compared to
thanks for all responses:)

GS
12-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been hooked on Klipper's (semi-tacky) overgrips for years---buy em in bulk and they're around 50 cents apiece.
Some people say their strings are quality knock-offs, but I wouldn't know.
I have one of their Klippermate stringing machines, but have to sell it because it notches my soft strings when stringing. (It's not for sale yet, though.)

Ronaldo
12-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Klipper Ultrafibre is comparable to PSG.

Superman1272
12-24-2009, 12:24 PM
@ Ronaldo...

PSG with Duraflex or the original PSG?

jmjmkim
12-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Their synthetics are pretty good. I've used it for years. There was a Kilppermate string machine on sale for about $20 on craiglist. You can probably find one near your locations.

The Klip Dura is pretty good too, and it lasts a bit longer than the regular synthetic.

I currently use their "Pearl" as it is a multifilament, and feels closer to gut than the regular synthetic.

If you are looking for economy strings, I'd try the Golden set. They have a "Trial" package in which they have a whole set of samples to try. I like their "Maximal" which is a great multifilament, and I like their "Poly". I bought it in a reel, cause I liked it so much.

The thing about the Klippermate reels is that they are only 330 feet, and not the regular full reel of 660 ft. taking that into consideration, the Golden Set seems to be a better value.

Ronaldo
12-24-2009, 01:48 PM
@ Ronaldo...

PSG with Duraflex or the original PSG?

w/Duraflex. PearlZone a very soft string, felt great but did not last long.

ace0001a
12-25-2009, 04:51 AM
I wonder how good Klipper's Luxilon ALU clone is.

The thing about the Klippermate reels is that they are only 330 feet, and not the regular full reel of 660 ft. taking that into consideration, the Golden Set seems to be a better value.

Yeah I'm surprised they don't offer 660 reels like everyone else.

If you are looking for economy strings, I'd try the Golden set. They have a "Trial" package in which they have a whole set of samples to try. I like their "Maximal" which is a great multifilament, and I like their "Poly". I bought it in a reel, cause I liked it so much.

This is not what I've been told by Golden Set, but based on my dealings with a Taiwan racquet equipment dealer and looking at the list of strings offered by their supplier while comparing them to Golden Set's as well as their packages saying "Made In Taiwan", I'm fairly sure Golden Set string are OEM Zons strings. Zons strings are sold elsewhere around the world, but no one carries them here in the US. Golden Set's Poly is a rebadged Zons Polymo Tour and their Hex string is a rebadged Zons Polymo Hexplosion. There's listings for Zons on the String Forum, but no one has reviewed them yet and the same goes for Golden Set.