PDA

View Full Version : Bluestar Tennis Sting

Ripper014
12-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I was just reminiscing, does anyone know if you can still find the original Bluestar Tennis String? I used to use it in the 70's and 80's and was wanting to try it again. I actually liked the way it used to wear like natural gut.

lilxjohnyy
12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
i got a couple sets from taiwan... looking to get rid of them. email me

rasajadad
12-24-2009, 05:23 AM
I have a set that I don't want as well if you'd like to buy/trade.

purple-n-gold
12-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Yea I loved that stuff way back when...probably wouldn't be quite as nice now since back then it was only that and PSG, and stringing with natty gut wasn't an option.]

BTW Meowmix has a website I beleive that sells the stuff,email him and ask if you're looking to stock up.

dewtennis
12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I was just reminiscing, does anyone know if you can still find the original Bluestar Tennis String? I used to use it in the 70's and 80's and was wanting to try it again. I actually liked the way it used to wear like natural gut.

I have four sets of the original Blue Star, 15L. They are yours if you want them. Just send me an address and I will throw them in an envelope and mail them (no charge). I tried them a couple of years ago but found another string I like better. dewtennis@suddenlink.net

Ripper014
12-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Yea I loved that stuff way back when...probably wouldn't be quite as nice now since back then it was only that and PSG, and stringing with natty gut wasn't an option.]

BTW Meowmix has a website I beleive that sells the stuff,email him and ask if you're looking to stock up.

Thanks... just reminiscing, but I remember liking the Bluestar Nova better at the time, it was the baby blue color string. It has been many years and I was thinking it would be interesting to compare it against the technology of today.

The thing I liked most about it was how it wore... made me feel that indeed it was constructed like natural gut. I always wanted Gamma to make a similar string... back then Gamma was my string of choice, I always wanted to see what an Irradiated Multifilament felt like. My choice of string currently is their Revelation Multifibre string in the mains with a poly cross.

Seems Christmas is going to be good to me... thanks to a generous soul on the board. Big thanks to dewtennis.