PDA

View Full Version : M2 Pro for my PSLGT?

18X20Newbie
12-24-2009, 03:36 AM
I like feeling an "edge" followed by a quick "smooth" transition when I strike the ball.

For reference: NRG has no "edge" but PHT has all "edge" but no "smooth" transition.

Anyone think M2 Pro will be good for my 18X20 PSLGT?

PED
12-24-2009, 12:04 PM
You just may like the m2 in there. I would be hesitant about it as a long term solution because of the price. It's very powerful for a poly and I would rec you bump the tension up a couple of pounds to compensate.

The m2's power should compliment the low powered nature of the pslgt. It def does NOT feel like pht :) but I wouldn't call it edgy either.

I had a brief fling with the PSL gt back in October and kirschbaum pl2 in the 1.25mm size was fantastic in there. Great spin, power and feel. You may want to check that out.

18X20Newbie
12-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Hey PED. Thanks for your rec. My last string in my pslgt was the neutral Gamma syn gut 18g (just for starters) strung at 47lbs. but I wanted more action on the ball.

What's your rec on tension for M2 Pro and pl2?

PED
12-24-2009, 05:17 PM
For the pl2, I went with 55 mains and 53 crosses but you could go lower no problem if you like lower tensions. Kirschbaum also makes pl2 in an 18g if you like the thinner strings.

I guess I would keep the tension on the m2 the same as the pl2 since the psl is fairly low powered. Let me know how you get on with it :) Merry christmas