PDA

View Full Version : DMSO updates anyone?

86golf
12-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Just wanted to get an update from those using DMSO for TE/GE. I stopped using it as I think I'm turning the corner finally, plus last time I tried the gel it really burned and irritated my skin.

Is it working for you?

SystemicAnomaly
12-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to get an update from those using DMSO for TE/GE. I stopped using it as I think I'm turning the corner finally, plus last time I tried the gel it really burned and irritated my skin...

The irritation only happened the last time you tried DMSO? Where you using it with another substance? Perhaps it was not the DMSO itself that caused this -- it might have been a catalyst or an "accessory to the crime". There may have been some other residual substance on your skin (or on the hand used to apply the DMAO). DMSO has the ability to drive other substances thru the epidermis to deeper levels of the tissue.

You might try emu oil as an alternative to DMSO. I spoke quite a bit about this in a DMSO thread from last year:

tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2571882 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2571882)

Bud
12-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to get an update from those using DMSO for TE/GE. I stopped using it as I think I'm turning the corner finally, plus last time I tried the gel it really burned and irritated my skin.

Is it working for you?

Post your insights in the DMSO thread.

If the concentration is too strong for you, water it down slightly. However, it's not very effective below 70%.

When my elbow feels tight after a match I'll use either 90 or 100%... and it feels normal the following day.