PDA

View Full Version : Elbow problems with a PD+

Tezuka
04-21-2005, 08:17 PM
I've been playing with a PD+ for about 6 months and have had previous elbow problems using that racquet. 2 weeks before i added lead tape at the top and 3 & 9 i wasn't having any pain, but now a little bit has come back. I've recently considered switching to the aeropro drive and cannot decide whether to go with the standard or +. Also will the aeropro give me the same elbow problems?

raftermania
04-21-2005, 08:22 PM
The Aeropro Drive has virtually the same specs. If you think the racquet is the cause, try something with a lower flex rating.

Now you must teach me how to get into the tezuka zone.

thebigidiot
04-21-2005, 09:27 PM
hey, can you also teach me the zero-shiki drop shot and the tezuka zone also?

andirez
04-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Another factor may be the string that you are using. Any chance this is something harsh (poly based)?

KOtennis
04-21-2005, 11:43 PM
yea, u dont want the tension too high.
not good for elbow

Tezuka
04-22-2005, 08:09 AM
i'm currently tensioned at 58 and im using 16g prince synthetic gut with duraflex. I'm starting to hit the ball harder and wanna try moving the tension up, but it would make the elbow bad huh ?

Tezuka
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
i've noticed that i'm not used to the added wieght which has slowed my swing speed down. Should i keep hitting with the pd+ with the lead tape until my swing speed is back to what it was before i added it on? or will the lead tape make no difference and keep giving me more problems.

Also do you think switching to the aeropro drive will make any difference, even though they have the same specs? I haven't had a chance to demo it yet, but i'm next on a waiting list and should be able to try it out today.

Marius_Hancu
04-22-2005, 08:41 AM
There are MANY problems with Babolats. Too stiff (70 or so), too light. Just a sampling:

Babolat = elbow pain?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=27161&

elbow problems wit babolat pc
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=32362

I know the top 3 junior in the world and her coach. At 15, she left BB, because of pain. Intelligent, otherwise would have left tennis.

Marius_Hancu
04-22-2005, 08:44 AM
READ the "elbow" threads in the Health and Section and choose a better racket (perhaps Volkl or PK). Should have a stiffness of about 60-62 with your problems, not more.

Marius_Hancu
04-22-2005, 09:01 AM
also, check my posting at:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=33800
Section: TE (Tennis Elbow) and Golfer's Elbow

and do the exercises there.

Also, get in shape!

raftermania
04-22-2005, 11:58 AM
TE expert MH saves the day again...

Tezuka, so when do you have time for a clinic to teach us the zero-shikhi and tezuka zone??? If my memory is correct, you had to go to Germany to rehabilitate your arm. Thinking of going back???

Tezuka
04-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info and input everyone when my elbow gets better ill show you my moves once more. haha