PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 10 MP Generation II vs. Volkl Tour 10 MP V-Engine

books
04-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Could some guys compare these two rackets, Volkl Tour 10 MP Generation II vs. Volkl Tour 10 MP V-Engine?

kv581
04-22-2005, 01:50 AM
This has been discussed numerous times before. Try doing a search to find more info.

But, in short, V-Engine swings heavier (more head heavy I believe), plays firmer, and is generally more powerful. Gen II volleys like a dream, has great touch around the court, and is essentially as excellent an all-court racquet as any.

books
04-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks a lot.

BreakPoint
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, do a search for posts by member "NoBadMojo". He has reviewed these two racquets extensively and currently uses them.

NoBadMojo
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
aye..indeed i have spent many on court hours with both of these frames and have decided to learn the VE version.
in a nutshell;
G2 is significantly easier to swing fast but the VE hits a heavier ball. so the Gen2 hits a fast ball because of all the easy access to headspeed, but the VE hits a heavier jumping ball. both have easy access to spin. both are good at everything. VE is stiffer in the throat where the Engine is. both have really great cosmetics. Both have huge sweetspots. They play entirely differently. Both would receive a wide variety of strings and tensions well. For me, if i was playing hardcourt ball I would go with the Gen2, but since i play exclusively on the dirt, I like the VE because it gives my game bigger impact and I can control play better with the VE than the Gen2...it;s like the Gen2 is for the all-court puncher and the VE for the Slugger. 5.5 all-courter. Really best to demo both of these..both frames have alot of nuance to them and best to spend alot of time with them both if you can before deciding.

danix
04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Coming from the T10MP, I didn't like the Vengine version. I just ordered a pair of the T10G2 and I also am expermenting with a modified T10MP.

Marius_Hancu
08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Coming from the T10MP, I didn't like the Vengine version.

what didn't you like?