Head Graphite Edge 4 1/2 grip 8.5/10.0 4 bucks

Head iRad 4 1/2 grip 8.0/10.0 10 bucks

:)

Virginia
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Sweet, SirSweetSpot! :)

teachingprotx
12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
do you need a roomate? wow.. what a great find what part of the country are you in? that is an amazing find or finds plural.. good for you man!!!!:)

overrotate
12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Good find! I have been looking for more Edges as I only have one right now and love how it plays. If you would be willing to sell it at all, I would be interested if the Graphite Edge is the original matte black version with the individual grommets in each hole (I know there are different versions, but that is the one that I own)

Let me know!

Brandon

SirSweetSpot
12-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys, I can't help but think there is a little destiny with all of this. See, I sold my other Yamaha Secret 04 about 3 months ago and I've missed it immeasurably ever since. Yes, I've lost sleep over how stupid I was for letting it go. No racquet sticks volleys like that one, gives me those blistering first serves like that one, let's me smack my ohbh like that one. IMO, it is the most impressively engineered (even today) frame ever.
It seems to be strung with a full bed of poly, and I've never hit the Secret with full poly before.

Oh and my mistake, it's a Head Composite Edge, not the stiffer Graphite Edge. I can't wait to (pretend) to volley with it. It is simply gorgeous! It has the stock string with the Head logo still clear as day. Amazing!

overrotate
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
That is a sweet find with that Yamaha, and thanks for letting me know about the Edge. :)

Sometimes the best stuff can be bought at thrift shops, I've gotten one Edge, a good dozen woodies, and a Jack Kramer Staff wilson 85 in perfect condition. It's amazing what you can find sometimes!

Brandon

tennis005
12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I just found a pair of Yonex R-23. If anyone has any info on them, please post it in my other thread. Thanks

SirSweetSpot
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
When I was in Tucson I scored an nBlade 98 that was a 9.0/10 for $7.50 probably my best find ever...although the Yamaha takes that now. Also found a Wilson 6.1 Classic (bad grommets so dude donated it) for $5.00, a cheapie Wilson Graphite Aggressor High Beam Series for a dollar (I always play SO well with that racquet), Dunlop Black Max, and the Play it Again Sports had a PK 5g for 9.99 LOL.

retrowagen
12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I really enjoy the treasure hunt in charity stores and thrift shops. On my travels a few weeks ago, I found a rare mid-80's Fila "System" Midsize, graphite composite, with cover. It's intriguing, a made in Belgium frame that must have been manufactured by Snauwaert for Fila; it is so similar to the 1983-1988 Snauwaert "Mid"-series frames, albeit with slight dimensional differences and a different drill pattern, but the same individual grommets and beam cross-section. I'll have to post some pix sometime when life is a little less hectic. Also, I can report this Fila racquet hits like a pile driver!