PDA

View Full Version : RD-7 or POG Mid?

Joey
04-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Please help me decide between one of these two "classics". I can get my hands on a new RD-7 but I'm not sure what to do.

diredesire
04-22-2005, 10:52 AM
these are two pretty different racquets, the POG mid is fairly stiff, and more suited to an all around play, maneuverability is high, cuts through the air like a 'knife' where i would say the RD-7 is more like a 'club', but it's a great baseliner's racquet, it's flexy at the right points, and digs into the ball for some pretty amazing spin.
I guess you should choose based on your playing style. Do you have very long stroke? Or do you have a bit of wrist if you don't have time to set up? The RD-7 requires good preparation since it's so heavy, but it's a great baseliner's racquet, a little clumsy at the net IMO. The graphite mid is pretty goo dfrom the baseline, you might want to add a little weight ot it's head to get a more balanced baseliner suited effect, since it's very whippy and suited for net play as well as whatever you may want to do with it.

christo
04-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Please help me decide between one of these two "classics". I can get my hands on a new RD-7 but I'm not sure what to do.
If you decide not to go with the RD-7 let me know and I'll take it off your hands

hampshire6
04-22-2005, 09:19 PM
pog mid was my choice

Joey
04-23-2005, 11:24 AM
If you decide not to go with the RD-7 let me know and I'll take it off your hands

Christo. Don't know what you are prepared to pay. Send me a mail to
gnsmouse@yahoo.com and I'll let you know where to get a brand new one.

KOtennis
04-23-2005, 12:47 PM
RD-7 for me. love the flex, control, and spin.