PDA

View Full Version : Gino never posted his video

skyzoo
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Get On It Bro

DownTheLine
12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
He has 2 hours and 25 minutes. Like he said GET ON IT!

vndesu
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
sounds like we have another kash to me.

Fedace
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Yea,, love to see it... maybe he has the potential for the top division 1 schools in california......

gino
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
im working guys, dont worry haha.
whos kash?

skyzoo
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
It's all talk and no performance at the moment.

gino
12-27-2009, 10:13 PM
It's all talk and no performance at the moment.

skyzoo, you've just been hating on me, havent you buddy? lol
first the cages and now the video :)
but really, ill get it up tmw. a friend is comign by to help with some last bits..
thanks again for waiting all..

Larrysümmers
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
times a tickin' dude. This better blow my mind. :-)

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 09:32 AM
It better destroy my whole universe.

ryangoring
12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
So........Video?

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 01:01 PM
So........Video?
Not gonna happen

gino
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
take that all you critics...
how you all enjoy, let me know what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEw8mcW7Y4

Jonny S&V
12-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Nice video, I'll ignore the fact that you are a Nike fan. You have nice strokes, but do you practice point construction? I would work on turning your body more for your slice backhand, you're coming across the ball more than through it as far as I can tell.

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 03:41 PM

I have a new found respect for you my friend. I might fly out to cali so we can hit and play a few sets if you loosen up on your ground strokes. your forehand looks pretty stiff.

gino
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
haha thanks man.. sounds good skyzoo, yeah my backhand as always been a comfort stroke. where do you live?

gino
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Nice video, I'll ignore the fact that you are a Nike fan. You have nice strokes, but do you practice point construction? I would work on turning your body more for your slice backhand, you're coming across the ball more than through it as far as I can tell.

Lol yeah i'm a nike guy... but thanks for the advice. i really appreciate it.
i don't practice too much construction, what tips do you have?
thanks again

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
haha thanks man.. sounds good skyzoo, yeah my backhand as always been a comfort stroke. where do you live?
Delaware brah, one day i'll get out there.

DownTheLine
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Good video overall. I am still angry that you didn't show anything from the back of the court(behind view), but it's all good.

DownTheLine
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
BTW on your slice backhand bend the knees more. On the backhand volley you let the racquet drop WAY to far.

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Good video overall. I am still angry that you didn't show anything from the back of the court(behind view), but it's all good.
above the court behind the ad side baseline is a good view for college videos. thats what I did for mine.

Marshredder
12-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Some solid strokes man!

A related link took me to this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iydx89Te0&feature=related

Check out his backhand, tiny backswing but still great power.

Fedace
12-29-2009, 04:58 PM
backhand looks better than the forehand. though you like to run around that and hit the forehand, it looks like. Forehand looks little bit jumpy, could be little better on the balance. You have a very nice racket head speed, and thats a plus, since you can't teach that. I think better conditioning will probably help you as well as better Core strength. Your feet doesn't move as crisp at the end of long rallie and you seem to be getting caught with your feet not being in the right place and losing control somewhat...

ocdavep
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Some solid strokes man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iyd...eature=related

that kid has some serious power on that backhand!

samster
12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
gino's form on groundstrokes reminds me of Richard Gasquet

Jonny S&V
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Lol yeah i'm a nike guy... but thanks for the advice. i really appreciate it.
i don't practice too much construction, what tips do you have?
thanks again

Drills are a good way to help, but make sure your shots are varied. Use the angles, I don't see enough of this these days with college players (save for angled volleys, and even then). You're an aggressive player, so you have to change where you hit your big strokes depending on your opponent. If your opponent has a better forehand, pull him out wide on his forehand, and then hit to his backhand. It's pretty elementary stuff, just play it out in your head before a match.

Jonny S&V
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
gino's form on groundstrokes reminds me of Richard Gasquet

Except for the fact his forehand is better than his backhand and his backhand technique is different. Similar footwork though, seems too on edge and not "layed back" enough (or not loose enough, IMO...).

Joeyg
12-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Livermore Valley Athletic Club. Say hi to Marilyn for me.

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Some solid strokes man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iydx89Te0&feature=related

this kid is pretty good. wonder how he does in usta match play

Jonny S&V
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
this kid is dirty. wonder how he does in usta match play

Is he from the US? I thought I heard an English accent, and I can't find any of his results anywhere...

skyzoo
12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Is he from the US? I thought I heard an English accent, and I can't find any of his results anywhere...
i was just coming back to edit that actually. whatever they do in the UK than. I'm sure he's accomplished.

gino
12-29-2009, 06:36 PM
backhand looks better than the forehand. though you like to run around that and hit the forehand, it looks like. Forehand looks little bit jumpy, could be little better on the balance. You have a very nice racket head speed, and thats a plus, since you can't teach that. I think better conditioning will probably help you as well as better Core strength. Your feet doesn't move as crisp at the end of long rallie and you seem to be getting caught with your feet not being in the right place and losing control somewhat...

technically my backhand has always been better, but i am more comfortable hitting my forehand. i agree on the balance and footwork, any tips to improve?

gino
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Livermore Valley Athletic Club. Say hi to Marilyn for me.

will do sir :)

brw1016
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Gino, the video looks good. Just curious, what is the music in your video near the 6:30 minute mark?

gino
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Gino, the video looks good. Just curious, what is the music in your video near the 6:30 minute mark?

thanks,
the song is called interlude by attack attack.

brw1016
12-29-2009, 08:16 PM
the song is called interlude by attack attack

Thanks,

Best of luck to you!

Kick_It
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Quick feedback:

Fundamentally I encourage you to work on improving at matchplay. Agree on the point construction feedback.

Your technique is decent; I like your 1HBH drive.

As for do you stand a chance - you have potential. I see plenty of kids who can hit like you or better though. The real indicator is: Are you getting to semis in tournaments against quality competition? Mentally are you able to do so in a variety of conditions where seemingly everything in addition to your opponent is working against you?

I see you as an above average hitter with potential from this video.

Other technical points I'd suggest you improve when you get a chance:

1) Your footwork/movement - you seem to be bouncing all over the place - I'd encourage you to work on efficiently covering the court. Your speed is decent though you seem to expend lots of energy doing so and could get better at that.
2) I'd recommend more of a knee bend and lowering your butt on your forehand; seems to me like you're standing straight upright on many if not most of the FHs I saw.
3) Agree on BH volley; looks too wristy to me.
4) For your 1st serve - I'd encourage you to toss the ball more infront of you and step into the court; seems very vertical to me today; you could get more power out of it that way and improve your placement.

A decent first effort, though I'd encourage you to update it and do another one before you send it off to college coaches.

Good Luck! K_I

Dwhit
12-31-2009, 06:43 AM
i was just coming back to edit that actually. whatever they do in the UK than. I'm sure he's accomplished.

David Johnson is a good player, plays county level, for the county of Surrey just outside London.

No where near the top national boys though.