PDA

View Full Version : injured index finger slow to heal

mmaster
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
few months ago, on a very strange forehand mishit, i hurt my index finger. the index finger took blunt of the vibration and twisted in a way that caused injury to the finger. it's been very slow to heal. most of the time, the pain isn't bad until i play tennis and have another mishit. then it hurts all over again like the first time. most of the pain comes from the bottom knuckle area.

i don't play much, just once a week about but i haven't played much since i got hurt because i had a cold for a while. you would think it would've healed up by now but it still hurts and it's really annoying. it's not dehabilitating, if i have a bad mishit, it usually hurts badly for a little bit but i can suck it up and keep going and finish. but i'd like this nagging injury to go away.

any tips on getting healed?

i've been thinking maybe i should get a tennis glove for that hand or even just finger sleeves. would it help?

volusiano
12-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Sorry I don't have any tips, but I just want to share that my daughter injured one of her index fingers last year during a dance class and it took her a LONG time to heal. We took her to a doctor for an x-ray to make sure nothing is broken. Yet she could not move/curl her index finger for easily 3 months and a year later she's okay now but she still cannot curl her finger 100% like before anymore. Maybe 90% only.

Anyway, the point is to take is slowly and don't rush it too much.

86golf
12-28-2009, 04:54 AM
I had something similar to this and I played through it as well. The glove did help me. I just used a rh golf glove or a racquetball glove. I tried accupuncture and didn't see any improvement. It took 2+ months to heal.

mmaster
12-28-2009, 09:54 AM
thanks, last night i ordered a tennis glove for my right hand from amazon. i think it will help. good to hear it helped someone else. i'm at about 3 months since injury so i hope it starts healing faster.