PDA

View Full Version : Non sweating person - best thin tacky overgrip on leather

Mig1NC
12-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok, so I've been searching and reading all the other threads, but I don't seem to find one that really speaks specifically to my question. Yes - There are a million threads on overgrips already.

So here is my dillema - I do not sweat much. So, I really do not need an absorbent or fast drying overgrip. I have recently moved from synthetic base grips to leather (Head calfskin). I would like to add just a tad bit of cushion, but not much, and a lot of tackiness to the grip. It is most important to me though to maintain that feel of the bevels you get from leather grips.

Now, most of the threads recommend either Yonex Super Grap or Wilson Pro Overgrip. There has also been mention of the Wilson Pro Perforated which supposedly thins out better and has better absorption, the Dunlop Hydratac, Gamma Supreme, and Gamma Grip II.

It seems that of the bunch, Gamma Grip II will be the thinnest with great tac.

I currently have Prince Duratac on my leather bearing stick, but I am honestly not in love with it, though I have only hit with it a couple of times now. Maybe it will grow on me. I liked original tournagrip better for feel, and Prince Microtac better for tac.

I have been Googling around and I cannot find the thickness of Prince Duratac listed anywhere. It seems to be over 1/2mm, so it could be around the same thickness of Super Grap, which I think is around 0.6mm.

So, perhaps something just a slight bit thinner than Prince Duratac.

ayuname
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Yonex Super Grap, to me, used to be great. Now it has little tack but it turns to a soft feeling suede-ish grip. I still like it but if you are looking for great tack then Gamma Supreme would be best.

Darth Federer
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
have u ever tried babolat?

Mig1NC
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
have u ever tried babolat?

No, not in many years anyway. I was thinking about VS original though becuase they are so thin it would probably have great bevel feel over my leather.

But I don't know about how much tac they would add.

Spyre
12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
No, not in many years anyway. I was thinking about VS original though becuase they are so thin it would probably have great bevel feel over my leather.

But I don't know about how much tac they would add.

The VS's tack is just perfect for me. Not as much lets say Supergrap, maybe a bit less. I use it over the leather, and because it's so thin, the feel of the bevels are perfect.

tennisdude083
12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I felt that the VS overgrip did not have enough tack for me. I am currently using Super grap over my leather and I am completely satisfied with the tackiness and bevel feel. I agree with ayuname in that Gamma Supreme has a better tack to it. I think it is a little thicker than Super grap though.

Spyre
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I liked the Supergrap as well, I just felt it was a little to thicker "feeling".

ClubHoUno
12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Gamma Supreme White has the best tack of them all - trust me on this.

I don't sweat much in my hands either, and my favorite overgrip by far is Gamma Supreme. It's slightly thicker than my second favorite overgrip, Yonex Supergrap, but the Gamma Supreme feels so much better and stay tacky for a much longer period, than the Yonex Supergrap, which loses all tackiness in 1-2 hours.

Just make sure to stretch the Gamma Supreme hard, when putting it on, if you want it to be thinner and you're OK :D

Used to be a fan of the Wilson Pro Overgrip, but It's quality has gone down the last couple of years.
BABOLAT VS overgrip is too dry and durability sucks.

Get the Gamma Supreme White overgrip in a 30 pack and Thank me later :p

getbusyliving
12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Wilson Pro is hands down the best.