PDA

View Full Version : head graphite edge players poly ?

Fed Kennedy
12-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey guys I got a head graphite edge. Its 18x19 in an 81 head, however the string spacing is quite open. My question is, how does something this old school respond to a poly? Or should I stick to soft string. I was thinking about putting some black hyperion in there. I usually use 53 lbs in an 18x20 midplus, so I was thinking 48 lbs for poly in the graphite edge, what do you think?

PBODY99
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Is your swing speed really that fast. Sub 90 in frames should have plenty of old school control without modern strings. would not, but I played with Heads when the edge was new to the market. If you must go really low,45 pounds.

Fed Kennedy
12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Nobody poly-tizing their edges?

overrotate
01-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I have one original Graphite Edge right now that's strung with Babolat/Wilson Gut in the mains at 65lbs and Luxilon Alu Power in the crosses at 63lbs. Even as a hybrid at a higher tension it still has a nice feel to it while still being nice and solid. I don't know about a full poly job, as for me I'm sticking to softer string/hybrids as that works well for me.

Fed Kennedy
01-02-2010, 12:30 AM
So far my GE experience is limited to the syn gut it arrived with. 63 lbs? Damn bro i had not considered that. I think I am going to try hyperion at 48 unless I welch out at the last minute and get get.
Totally buying a second GE though...am I high or is it the better than a prostaff?