PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Ncode Six One 95 please give me yout thoughts

c10
04-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I've been playing with the Prestige Classic 660 (MP) for some time, and I found that has no power, so I decided to buy a newwer racquet.

I thought about the Ncode six one 95 16X18, which I demoed for 5 mins and I liked it.

Can you tell me if this is a good switch, I would like to know if the Ncode is arm friendly as the Prestige Classic MP, and if it has more power and control.

Thanks.

man-walking
04-22-2005, 09:49 AM
It's one of most powerful player's racquets (and most of them use 18x20 version), you must have a good stroke mechanics to fully enjoy this racquet, then you'll have a soild control/power combo.
The main feature of n6.1 95 is its very charged spin (felt by both user and opponent) production and pace.
It's not about the amount of spin, but the heaviness of it.
At serve it's simply one of the best, very heavy ball and "weird" spin.

6-0 6-0
04-22-2005, 09:54 AM
If you are looking for this racket to be on the control side then I would look elsewhere. I strung this racket up at 65 lbs and it still seemed to have too much power. It recommends 50-60 lbs. I have not tried the 18x20 string pattern. This might be a good fit for this racket with a more control oriented string pattern. It definitely has some pop to it even at 65.

johnmcc516
04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I agree with the previous posts in that this stick has lots of pop for a players racquet. However, in my opinion, you don't lose too much feel. If you want a old school players stick with tons of feel, try the prostaff 6.0 85, dunlop 200g, volkyl (i forget). I recommend the racquet though. It has a forgiving sweet spot and plays well at higher tensions. You could also try different string to get more control.

The racquet is pretty heavy, and if you aren't in shape can tire you out a bit. The weight is great when hitting ground strokes. The momentum through the ball is very sterdy. At net, its pretty maneuverable being headlight and feels sweet off volleys. The TW review of this racquet is pretty accurate.

BHud
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM
When I used this racquet I strung it at 60 lbs. w/ NXT 16 and really liked the results. I agree w/ the other posters, this racquet delivers a heavy ball with intimidating spin. The only downside...over long matches, it gets heavy, so you'll need to be in shape and maitain good stroke mechanics. Other than that, it's my 2nd favorite stick out there! I ended up w/ a Vantage that is slightly lighter and slightly more controllable, but not quite a solid as the Wilson.

Dopke
04-22-2005, 12:34 PM
What string and tension do you all string the ncode 95 at. And which string pattern you use? Curious since I've seen a lot of ppl using it with NXT or multifilaments, not as many people using with poly's (hurrucane/alu) etc like it is with other racquets.

tarkowski
04-22-2005, 12:53 PM
There are quite a few threads on this racquet. Please feel free to select my name and look for 'other posts' - most of them are for this racquet.

I own both string patterns and generally prefer the 18x20. I am having the 18x20 restrug with NXT Tour 18 @55lbs - I believe that will be perfect!

For the 16x18, I don't do anything less than 16 @58. Most who use this racquet string much higher (62+) - but I like the extra zip I get. At lower tensions, there is a bit of a trampoline effect. The 18x20 plays more consistently throughout.

I think if you are a baseline player with strong spin, you will prefer the 16x18. Serve is outstanding as well.

For all-court or serve-and-volley, the 18x20 allows options in stroke - spin or flat. It is heavier at net too - I love taking passing shots with the 18x20. It just does not move!

I'm trying the thinner string to get back a little more pop. Currently have it strung with a mix of 17 and 16 @57.

Hope this helps...

jjjosh
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I agree with tarkowski, NXT Tour 18 @55lbs feels excellent in the 18x20. At higher tensions the 18x20 feels very boardy. The 16x18 at 57 with TF x-one feels very nice, great pop and nice pocketing but ALOT less consistent feel.