PDA

View Full Version : Golfers, What is your Handicap??????????

Feņa14
04-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I was reading the thread about Phil Mickelson and I thought I would like to find out what peoples Handicap's are?

Just curious,

Liam

aceindahole2K5
04-12-2004, 11:17 AM

Benjamin
04-12-2004, 11:20 AM

BBB

Feņa14
04-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Wow you guys are pretty good!!!!!

At the moment mine is 7 and I am trying to get it down to 4 by September so I can Start the journey to become a Pro. Afterall I doubt that i'll ever be good enough at tennis to make it as a Pro (currently 5.0)

Liam

spam
04-13-2004, 04:16 AM
Liam ,which tennis club do you play at and whats your LTA ranking?I'm curious as Im from west mids and play at Solihull Arden?

baseliner
04-13-2004, 08:55 AM

Feņa14
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Spam,

I am from Cannock and play at Etching Hill tennis club, my LTA ranking is 5.1. It's not a very good club and I barely play tournaments as my golf takes over during the summer, i'm sure my ranking would be lower if I played a lot although I have beaten a 3.4 ranked player! I am going to Royal Birkdale to play the British Open for the Boys in August so once again Golf takes over :D

Hope this helps!

Liam

spam
04-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Sounds good-don't you find the LTA ratings tournaments are a pain,at least with the US system you have a general rating which is a closer reflecton of ability instead of having to run to stand still?

Feņa14
04-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Spam,

I do find the LTA tournaments a pain and they are never close to me in Cannock, I would love to become a pro at either sports (Tennis or Golf).
Last year I played tennis at county level for Shropshire. It's decision time for me wether to concentrate on tennis or golf?

Anyway how many courts and what surfaces are they at your club, I think I need to change club because there is nothing going on at Etching hill.
Streetly looks a really nice club.

Also I would be interested if you could tell me where you get your rackets strung as I have to send them of at the moment which is a pain. Do you know any local shops which do it.

Cheers,

Liam

spam
04-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Its a good club especially for promising juniors,we have 16 courts,7 flood lit all weather astro,3 rubberised hard courts and best of all 6 har tru american clay.The LTA is trying to make it a centre of excellence for juniors and the head coach looks after several national top 5 kids from ages 7 up to 15.There is also an annual international jr tournament every summer.We have a gym and 6 squash courts plus the plan is to build 3 indoor courts soon-you should give it a look.I know a few good players at Streetly -its not a bad club either.
I string my own rackets these days ,there's a few of us here who'll do that for you at a reasonable price.Like you I got fed up with over priced rubbish -I actually get my strings in reel -form from TW or Laserfibre .

Spam