PDA

View Full Version : what are these racquets worth?

leedsfan93
12-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone :)

I recently acquired two racquets and was wondering of their value. The two racquets are Slazenger Challenge 1 and Slazenger Challenge x-2. Both racquets have been used but are in decent condition but the Challenge x-2 has a replacement grip which is nothing like the original.

Thanks.

Virginia
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Welcome, leedsfan93! :)

Probably not worth very much, but of course, they are great racquets, especially the Challenge No 1, which I believe was produced in Australia and New Zealand, as well as in the UK.

I don't know too much about the x-2, but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you something about it.

leedsfan93
12-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Welcome, leedsfan93! :)

Probably not worth very much, but of course, they are great racquets, especially the Challenge No 1, which I believe was produced in Australia and New Zealand, as well as in the UK.

I don't know too much about the x-2, but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you something about it.

thanks i didnt think the x-2 was worth much but when i picked up the No 1 i thought it was a brilliant racquet and saw they were worth around $(AUS)180 on the net but please tell me if i'm wrong :lol:

equinox
12-30-2009, 03:12 AM
$5-10 max op shop.

leedsfan93
12-30-2009, 03:19 AM
$5-10 max op shop.

ur gotta be joking me. they were selling on e-bay for 90 pounds here (http://cgi.****.co.uk/SLAZENGER-CHALLENGE-NO-1-TENNIS-RACKET-MY_W0QQitemZ250498610207QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tenn is?hash=item3a52e1741f)

Meaghan
12-30-2009, 03:48 AM
90 quid seems a lot for a battered woody.

Hey leedsfan join us over in UK racketaholics http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287567
We have started a thread were we can trade/comps/gossip etc in UK only.
I ask you even tho you are a leeds fan!

leedsfan93
12-30-2009, 03:52 AM
90 quid seems a lot for a battered woody.

Hey leedsfan join us over in UK racketaholics http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287567
We have started a thread were we can trade/comps/gossip etc in UK only.
I ask you even tho you are a leeds fan!

haha but im an aussie so it prob wont work aye :(
dont knock leeds lol

its in reasonably good condition and its incredibly light for a wooden racquet but you might know more about it then me because i only got it recently

Meaghan
12-30-2009, 04:06 AM
haha but im an aussie so it prob wont work aye :(
dont knock leeds lol

its in reasonably good condition and its incredibly light for a wooden racquet but you might know more about it then me because i only got it recently

Get your own football team then hahaha or stick to Aussie rules (full of Del Potros!).

leedsfan93
12-30-2009, 04:10 AM
Get your own football team then hahaha or stick to Aussie rules (full of Del Potros!).

i hate aussie rules lol
i love football lol

but with them racquets do know much about them :)

schu47
12-30-2009, 06:07 AM
The Challenge no. 1 is a great old wood racquet, but there are tons of them. I got two recently on e b a y, both in just average condition, with some wear. One cost $9.99 US plus shipping, the other $1.04 plus shipping.

But the fact that they're available and inexpensive doesn't mean they're not fun to have and hit once in a while. IMO, Slazenger made some of the best wood frames ever.

Have fun with it.

MAXXply
12-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Cue: BBC Antiques Roadshow - Special Wood Tennis Edition...
Valuer: "Well, given the age and condition of the racket, I'd say it would fetch something in the order of...FIFTY...MILLION...POUNDS"
LeedsFan93: "My goodness! I didn't know it would be worth so much - and to think it's been sitting in the attic all these years!"

-acknowledgment to the original skit which first aired on the BBC sketch comedy "Big Train", 1999.

leedsfan93
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
The Challenge no. 1 is a great old wood racquet, but there are tons of them. I got two recently on e b a y, both in just average condition, with some wear. One cost $9.99 US plus shipping, the other $1.04 plus shipping.

But the fact that they're available and inexpensive doesn't mean they're not fun to have and hit once in a while. IMO, Slazenger made some of the best wood frames ever.

Have fun with it.

hmm i wonder why that other one went for so much...
anyway i don't have many wooden frames but you could be right about them being the best
i fell in love with it when i picked it up lol
Cue: BBC Antiques Roadshow - Special Wood Tennis Edition...
Valuer: "Well, given the age and condition of the racket, I'd say it would fetch something in the order of...FIFTY...MILLION...POUNDS"
LeedsFan93: "My goodness! I didn't know it would be worth so much - and to think it's been sitting in the attic all these years!"

-acknowledgment to the original skit which first aired on the BBC sketch comedy "Big Train", 1999.

haha don't know that sketch seeing i was only 5 when that happened lol
the racquet is so awesome it should be worth that much :p

AndrewD
12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
ur gotta be joking me. they were selling on e-bay for 90 pounds

But that's about 70 pounds too expensive - for one in mint condition. As far as the X2 is concerned, they are very common and, here in Australia, you wouldn't expect to pay more than $10 for one in good condition.

tennis005
12-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Since they are worthless, why don't you give them to me?;)

Court_Jester
12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
ur gotta be joking me. they were selling on e-bay for 90 pounds here (http://cgi.****.co.uk/SLAZENGER-CHALLENGE-NO-1-TENNIS-RACKET-MY_W0QQitemZ250498610207QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Tenn is?hash=item3a52e1741f)
I don't see people rushing to bid, much less buy it outright, so yeah 90 pounds is way too much for this racquet.

leedsfan93
12-31-2009, 01:18 AM
I don't see people rushing to bid, much less buy it outright, so yeah 90 pounds is way too much for this racquet.

ok then thank you for that :)

Since they are worthless, why don't you give them to me?;)
haha no way mate. i love them way too much lol

But that's about 70 pounds too expensive - for one in mint condition. As far as the X2 is concerned, they are very common and, here in Australia, you wouldn't expect to pay more than $10 for one in good condition.

okay fair enough. wonder why they are asking so much for them then...
thanks for your help :)