PDA

View Full Version : Only if ***** this racket would be perfect?

ferrari_827
04-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Have you ever had a racket where you thought, if they could make a small change, it would be so awesome.

There have been two in my case.

Yonex RD-7. Incredible feel, control, power, spin. Incredible serves and groundstrokes. Liability ? Net game. Solution, increase stiffness a bit while lowering the swingweight (keep the fiberglass, but inject something like boron for stiffness). For sheer "cupping" of the ball, nothing matches the RD-7, and this is even among the Yonex line.

Yonex Ti70 long. Great feel, power, and accuracy, a precision rifle. Drawback ? Spin. Solution, take out 3 strings for a 16x19 pattern.

ffrpg
04-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I would like a mix between between the PS 85 and the Max 200g. In other words, a more flexable PS 85 or a Max 200g with a 16x18 string pattern.

POGO
04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Stiffen the RD-7??????? Are yo kidding? The RD-7 is fine the way it is with its flexible frame, it is what make is so unique and identifiable as the "RD-7" compared to any racquets Yonex every produced. Its unique feel is what sets it apart from any racquets all together. You must be insane in the membrane.

The RD-7 isn't for everyone, that is why Yonex makes the RDX500 for everyone else :)

POGO
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Have you ever had a racket where you thought, if they could make a small change, it would be so awesome.

There have been two in my case.

Yonex RD-7. Incredible feel, control, power, spin. Incredible serves and groundstrokes. Liability ? Net game. Solution, increase stiffness a bit while lowering the swingweight (keep the fiberglass, but inject something like boron for stiffness). For sheer "cupping" of the ball, nothing matches the RD-7, and this is even among the Yonex line.

Where did you get the information that the RD-7 has any fiberglass?

erik-the-red
04-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Except for its 72 flex rating, the Pure Control Standard (not the Team version) seems perfect. Over twelve ounces, quite a bit head light, manly swingweight, open string pattern, and a big enough head.

04-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Agree with you erik-the-red. I loved the way the PC swung, the string pattern the grip,the headsize/shape , even down to the paint job but the stiffness is just too much for me.

ambro
04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
I'd say make the POG OS a bit lighter.