PDA

View Full Version : Was 2009 a good/bad year for you?

Dutch-Guy
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm alive and healthy,that's the most important for me.Thank God.
I've a new girlfriend,travelled to South Africa,Thailand,Russia and Congo,businesses are doing good.
Recession?? What recession!!! It has affected me(and my dad) but i haven't changed my way of living. In short,2009 was a good year for me.

What about you?

Janne
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
No idea who you might be, but I'm glad to hear you've had a great year! :)

This year started quite horribly for me, with me trying to get my drivers license and being unemployed, but March marked the turn-around for me: the sixth I got my drivers license, the twelfth I met my dear Dasha and the sixteenth I got a job. Ever since March mostly good things have happened. Got to travel a bit, had a great summer and I've started studying at the university.

If 2010 manages to bring me half the joy 2009 has brought me, I'll consider myself a happy camper. :-)

dave333
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
It was a great year until I got deferred and had to do more apps X_X

raiden031
12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Overall, a very good year for me.

Birth of my son
Half my project team (team of ~60) at work got laid off, yet I kept my job
Ran a half marathon
No injuries
No major illnesses (cept the flu back in Jan/Feb)

The downside was that my tennis game has been pretty lousy this year. I actually think that I'm a worse player than I was a year ago.

Anaconda
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Never had the b@lls to ask anyone out - gonna change that next year :)

Got bottled at a nightclub!

Pretty crappy. The only highlight was Roddick making the Wimby finals

Xtreme
12-30-2009, 05:54 PM
mine was very bittersweet :(

T1000
12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Good overall
applied to college, got in to all the schools i've applied to so far, waiting to hear from the 4 Ivies this year
Won my first USTA tournament
high school team won conferences for the 2nd year in a row
continued my undefeated singles record in high school
Family hasn't been hit that hard with the recession

Only real bad things were getting injured or sick to often at the end of this year when the recruiting season for college picks up (swine flu over Veterans Day, weakened me November and finally getting over it) sliced my hands a couple of times working in a warehouse, got a knife in my hand from cutting tar there, that was fun.

westside
12-31-2009, 12:39 AM
2009 was real good for me. Got my license, finished high school, got the marks i needed for university, travelled to america and was not majorly sick the entire year (couple colds here and there)

Amped for 2010

malakas
12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
worst year of my life...so far!
Good riddance I say!!!

effervescence
12-31-2009, 11:29 AM
It was... average, I guess. Next year, though--that's the one that can turn out either very terrible or very good. We'll see.

HarveyPitnik
12-31-2009, 02:11 PM
mine was very bittersweet :(
Mine was just bitter. :(
(Actually the first half was full of ups and downs and latter part was total nightmare :? )

Lsmkenpo
12-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Worst year of my life , can't script a worse year.

Split with my longtime girlfriend,was laid off from work,,than was diagnosed with cancer, had 2 surgeries and chemotherapy,
I am now regaining my health, but most of the year was a total nightmare.

CanadianChic
01-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Health wise and with my job it sucked! The fact that all my family is healthy and happy it was great!

ananda
01-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Good year. Or maybe I'm one of those insufferable positive types.

Federer won French, and 2 slams -- what more can i ask for. Davy did well, too. And oh yeah, I've matured considerably in the last year *smirks childishly*

heycal
01-02-2010, 12:37 AM
worst year of my life...so far!
Good riddance I say!!!

Not a lot of interesting detail here...

Split with my longtime girlfriend,was laid off from work,,than was diagnosed with cancer, had 2 surgeries and chemotherapy.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Never had the b@lls to ask anyone out - gonna change that next year :)

Go for it. The guys who get the most action are the guys who aren't afraid of rejection.

Got bottled at a nightclub!

What does that mean?

Anaconda
01-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Not a lot of interesting detail here...

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Go for it. The guys who get the most action are the guys who aren't afraid of rejection.

What does that mean?

Someone hit me 'round the head with a glass bottle at this nightclub.

Thanks for the advice.

albino smurf
01-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I had a great year and am looking forward to 2010. Finding satisfaction and enjoyment with small things as well as appreciating what I have has helped immensely.

Thanks to all for the interesting discussions on these boards.

ttbrowne
01-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Bad year. Lost my job in April and we were #1 in the ratings BUT I was making too much money.

Car industry problems affected the whole industry resulting in thousands of layoffs. Numerous people were layed off before me.

makinao
01-02-2010, 09:32 AM
My personal and professional life has been great.

But my tennis life has been the complete opposite. I ended 08 with tennis elbow in my dominant arm (right). Got worst in January. Then right knee tendinitis in February. Tennis elbow segued into a strained rotator cuff in April. Just when I thought everything was healed, I got tennis elbow in my left (?) side in August. Most of the major pains have subsided since October, and just a sore heel is left. I've managed to get most of my strength and flexibility back. And I can now enjoy the racquets I bought in January 09.

I reeeeeeeeealy hope to stay pain-free this year.

heycal
01-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Bad year. Lost my job in April and we were #1 in the ratings BUT I was making too much money.

Car industry problems affected the whole industry resulting in thousands of layoffs. Numerous people were layed off before me.

Why did the car industry affect your industry, which I believe is radio, correct?

Lee James
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Spent the year in a volatile relationship which I'm still trying to develop the will to let go of. So yea, shi**y year. Well, on second thought, I did make it to see 2010, so I can't really complain too much.

Mick
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
2009 was an excellent year for me. i hope 2010 can match it