PDA

View Full Version : Help with Grips

gulbis_latvianfan
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Im having trouble with grips i find that if i use an eastern i can be more consistent but have less spin but if i go to sw or western than i find myself having a very inconsistent stroke so if anybody has any tips on how to hit a more advanced eastern forehand that would be very helpful.:)

CallOfBooty
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
You stated that you lack spin and that you want to make it more "advanced" so I'm assuming you want more spin. Look up on youtube some videos about the windshield wiper forehand motion. Fuzzy Yellow Balls does a great job of explaining it. There are some other videos that do a good job, but I suggest you look at the FYB video first to get a better understanding of it.

fruitytennis1
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Just mess around and youll find your grip. Hell i dont know what i use.... Well i do.. eastern

Blake0
12-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Im having trouble with grips i find that if i use an eastern i can be more consistent but have less spin but if i go to sw or western than i find myself having a very inconsistent stroke so if anybody has any tips on how to hit a more advanced eastern forehand that would be very helpful.:)

Can you give us a bit of background info about your tennis. How long you've been playing? what kind of forehand do you hit (WW or over the shoulder)? Do u use double bend, straight arm, or aren't sure?
I can't give the same advice to someone who has played tennis for a couple years to someone who just started playing last month. It might be counterproductive.
For now, all i can really say is make sure you're going low to high, your contact point is in front of you, and focus on having sound fundamentals.