PDA

View Full Version : Some classic tennis...

Jonny S&V
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Ok, so I made this video on Halloween and just now got around to uploading it. I was going for classic technique, continental on both sides and squaring my stances, so I thought I would post it for the world to see and comment on my technique. I can already see that I'm hitting the forehand with a semi-open stance (modern habits die hard) and I'm not getting into the net (although we were just trying to keep a rally going, it was 38F outside...). Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkjC2kJsrf4

EDIT: Vyse, a TTer, is my hitting partner. Not a good night for either of us...

tribunal4555
12-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Haha, good to see. Did you go trick-or-treating after?

Nice looking strokes, though. Seems like you're restricting your follow-through a little. Would love to see some *classical* serves and volleys!

Jonny S&V
12-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Haha, good to see. Did you go trick-or-treating after?

Nice looking strokes, though. Seems like you're restricting your follow-through a little. Would love to see some *classical* serves and volleys!

Lol, I should've, but we got done hitting at about 11:00 pm, so I don't think that trick-or-treating would've been the best thing to do.

Yeah, I was wristing quite a few of the forehands and I suppose that followed over into my follow-through. I might busy out the woodie again and get some of S&V, but I've never served with it before, so it might be pretty terrible...

ryangoring
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
You need tighter pants! Lol!
But everything else was a classic indeed

Yaz
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Great video...what kind of racquet/strings/tension are you using? I was thinking of stringing up an old Jack Kramer that I have lying around and taking it out for a hit for old times sake

dozu
12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
nice vid... you guys look a lot better than those so called 5.0 / 5.5s on the other threads.

WinnerDTL
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Naaahh, too much top spin on those backhand :) you should just go for slices on the backhand :)

Fate Archer
01-01-2010, 02:55 PM
lol, nice vid... and forehand slice at the end :)

Jonny S&V
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Lol, thanks all.

nice vid... you guys look a lot better than those so called 5.0 / 5.5s on the other threads.

Idk about that, this was the only salvageable point in about 7 minutes of tape. It was pushing upper 30s/ lower 40s, and the ball decided it didn't feel like coming up...

Great video...what kind of racquet/strings/tension are you using? I was thinking of stringing up an old Jack Kramer that I have lying around and taking it out for a hit for old times sake

Lol, well, the racquet is called the "Bancroft Forest Hills," which I can only assume is a Wal-mart quality racquet from that time. As for the strings, I can only assume they were from the mid 70s, as they were extremely low tensioned. I've thought about restringing it, but am too lazy...

Naaahh, too much top spin on those backhand :) you should just go for slices on the backhand :)

Yeah, but that would be too easy. I like to show off my continental topspin backhand. ;-)