Ronaldo
04-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Houston over Phoenix? Just fear the FRO

ibemadskillzz
04-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Washington from the East. And San An. from the West. Washington- NBA Champions

Dopke
04-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Sonics!! Ray Allen!! Rashard Lewis!! If we are healthy, we can beat anyone.

tom-selleck
04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
everyone saying philly has no chance vs. detroit... like 10-1 odds. seems a little bit much.

tykrum
04-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Awesome heres mine:

West 1st rd:
PHO over Mem in 5
SA over Den in 6
Sea over Sac in 5
Dal over Hou in 5

East 1st rd:
Mia over NJ in 7
Det over Phi in 5
Ind over Bos in 5
Was over Chi in 6

West 2nd:
Pho over Dal in 7
SA over Sea in 4

East 2nd:
Mia over Wash in 4
Det over Ind in 7

Conf Finals:
Pho over SA in 7
Det over Mia in 6

Finals
Pho over Det in 7 - Its the year of the sun baby! I don't care that they don't have any depth, their starting five is in better shape than anyone in the NBA. I think that the refs will continue to not call fouls in the playoffs, and run and gun will be too tough to stop. I really think that Dallas and Phoenix are the two best teams in the L right now, that will be a great second round. Another series I am looking forward to is the east first round with Miami and NJ. Injured Shaq and my man Dwayne Wade against Kidd, on fire VC, and a Richard Jefferson at 80% should be good times. I would provide more analysis, but this is just a tennis board.

nytennisplayer
04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Go LAKERS!!!

ShooterMcMarco
04-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Sonics!! Ray Allen!! Rashard Lewis!! If we are healthy, we can beat anyone.

i agree, we're 1-1 against defending champs, 3-0 against the heat, 2-3 phx (oh well), i think 2-3 against the spurs too. if we get radmonovic i think we take anyone too. but if we happen to get passed the kings, we're gonna have to play the winner of spurs/nuggs which = oh crap. i think the x-factor for seattle is definitely jerome james. he is kind of streaky. if we develop an inside presence we can start shooting outside the arc.

sebastiaN911
04-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Here are my predictions, ( if everyone is healthy that is )

miami over detroit in east
suns over spurs in west,
honestly i think miami will beat suns in 7

wt888usa
04-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Houston OVER Miami in the finals

USCfan
04-24-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm depressed my T-wolves didn't make it...

tykrum
04-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm depressed my T-wolves didn't make it...

ME TOO! Darn Sprewell and Cassell, now they are talking about breaking up the entire team and trading Garnett...I think I would cry... Garnett has the best team attitude and competitive nature in sports period. Ever watched the end of one of the games that they are losing and just watched his facial expressions? The pain and disappointment is unmatchable, it really shows how much he cares. Not to mention how excited he gets when he is fired up, there's no way you can't get fired up too.

My roommate was just saying the one thing wants to do right now sports-wise was to go to Sprewell and Cassell's houses and threaten them "to do their dam* job!" I can't post what he would have done to get them to do their job because I don't want any legal implications...

sebastiaN911
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
omg nuggest jus beat spurs in game 1 IN SAN anTONIO AHAHHAA, hilarious cuz i think san ant only lost like 4-5 games at home the hole season

Andy Hewitt
04-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Bulls All The Way! Get Outa Here!

norcal
04-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Go LAKERS!!! Shaq laughs at you.

mabuhay
04-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Shaq laughs at you.

i know man and if he wins another championship, you know what's going to happen. he'll talk ***** about the lakers. the thing is he always have a good guard that back him up.

orlando with penny hardaway
lakers with kobe bryant
miami with dwayne wade

hmmm...

ShooterMcMarco
04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
pistons will beat the heat (assuming they do meet up which is likely) the same way they beat the lakers. they won't bother stopping shaq, but they'll stop the rest of the supporting cast.

tykrum
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
i know man and if he wins another championship, you know what's going to happen. he'll talk ***** about the lakers. the thing is he always have a good guard that back him up.

orlando with penny hardaway
lakers with kobe bryant
miami with dwayne wade

hmmm...

Well no one can win championships by themselves! He is pretty injured though, and I don't know that Miami will be able to continue having dominant performances against NJ, because Damon Jones won't continue to be on fire. My man Wade is another story, I can see him continuing to whup up on everyone.

tennisadict
04-25-2005, 03:51 PM
what about tonights game celtics and dallas gonna win ........ maybe

ShooterMcMarco
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
celts gonna take it since pacers don't have ron artest. i think dallas is gonna win but i want rockets to beat them again. for some reason mark cuban bugs the hell out of me

USCfan
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
ME TOO! Darn Sprewell and Cassell, now they are talking about breaking up the entire team and trading Garnett...I think I would cry... Garnett has the best team attitude and competitive nature in sports period. Ever watched the end of one of the games that they are losing and just watched his facial expressions? The pain and disappointment is unmatchable, it really shows how much he cares. Not to mention how excited he gets when he is fired up, there's no way you can't get fired up too.

My roommate was just saying the one thing wants to do right now sports-wise was to go to Sprewell and Cassell's houses and threaten them "to do their dam* job!" I can't post what he would have done to get them to do their job because I don't want any legal implications...

I know...well, that's what happens when you bring in two egotistical pat their prime players (see last year's Lakers)...

If Garnett is traded, I don't know if I'll even care about basketball anymore...they had better at least get three first round picks, including the first overall next year...

This all started, in my opinion, with the Joe Smith debacle.

USCfan
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
That's why the team got so old.

Andy Hewitt
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Le Bulls will a WIN!

tykrum
04-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Le Bulls will a WIN!

No I don't think so. My opinion is summed up quite nicely by my favorite sports columnist, Bill Simmons of espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/blog

mabuhay
04-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Well no one can win championships by themselves! He is pretty injured though, and I don't know that Miami will be able to continue having dominant performances against NJ, because Damon Jones won't continue to be on fire. My man Wade is another story, I can see him continuing to whup up on everyone.

i know! i was just wondering what if he doesn't have wade, kobe, or penny? will he even reach the playoffs or finals? ok, this is out of topic already.

back to the subject, i rooting for spurs!

raftermania
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
TMac played a brilliant game last night! Go Rockets!!!! They are my sentimental favourites in the west. Sentimental favs in the east are the Nets, just because I'm still in love with Vince, despite all the other Raptor fans who dumped him.

Realistically, I think this injury Shaq's got is going to hurt him and the heat. Spurs will meet them in the finals and beat them.

Andy Hewitt
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
No I don't think so. My opinion is summed up quite nicely by my favorite sports columnist, Bill Simmons of espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/blog
Yeah... how bout them T-Wolves?

counterpunch
04-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Kevin, I like your picks, Spurs all the way baby, game 1 was a fluke.

USCfan
04-26-2005, 06:04 PM

Yeah? What about em? You wanna fight?

tykrum
04-26-2005, 06:57 PM

That's two of us that will fight.

Dopke
04-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah. That's right. Sonics up 2-0.

Andy Hewitt
04-27-2005, 05:50 AM
That's two of us that will fight.
Kevin Garnett! MVP!

norcal
04-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah? What about em? You wanna fight?
Did you guys hear about the Kings fan who was killed in a fight following a traffic dispute after a game last week? 39 year old banker driving a benz gets in a fist fight with some guys he cut off in the parking lot and ends up dead. Crazy.

Sonics are owning the Kings so far...sucks to be Kingsfan.

norcal
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2005/04/27/news/1_rage_050427.txt

tykrum
04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2005/04/27/news/1_rage_050427.txt

Wow, NBA basketball is turning into South American soccer.

matchpoints
04-27-2005, 02:46 PM
ROCKETS BABY!!!!! Go H-Town!!!!!

Jerry Seinfeld
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I predict no one will watch. Can't match the excitement of the NCAA Tournament. No way. No how. Never.

USCfan
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Did you guys hear about the Kings fan who was killed in a fight following a traffic dispute after a game last week? 39 year old banker driving a benz gets in a fist fight with some guys he cut off in the parking lot and ends up dead. Crazy.

Sonics are owning the Kings so far...sucks to be Kingsfan.

Wow...that's pretty rough...I was just kidding though...I don't fight people online...

ShooterMcMarco
04-27-2005, 06:05 PM
wow the spurs are slaughtering the nuggets, 60-28 and the second half isn't even over

Andy Hewitt
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Bulls win again.

NikePlya28
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Yea fa sho Andy...Chicago's gonna take it this year...the rookies are gonna win it all!

ohplease
04-28-2005, 02:05 PM
i know! i was just wondering what if he doesn't have wade, kobe, or penny? will he even reach the playoffs or finals? ok, this is out of topic already.

back to the subject, i rooting for spurs!

Let's do the research:
Lakers 04 (+Shaq): 56-26
Lakers 05 (-Shaq): 34-48

Heat 04 (-Shaq): 42-40
Heat 05 (+Shaq): 59-23
+17

Magic 96 (+Shaq): 60-22
Magic 97 (-Shaq): 45-37

Magic 92 (-Shaq): 21-61
Magic 93 (+Shaq - no Hardaway, yet): 41-41
+20

On average, having or not having Shaq is about 18.5 wins a season. I don't even like him, but that's a big, big difference.

Go Bulls.

PistolPete
05-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Heat-Suns, Chalk. Heat win 4-2.

ShooterMcMarco
05-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah. That's right. Sonics up 2-0.

yay, we win 4-1. now we gotta go up against the spurs or the nuggs. will be a tough one. i feel bad for the grizzlies and the nets since they got bageled. better them than us :)

tykrum
05-04-2005, 08:28 AM
yay, we win 4-1. now we gotta go up against the spurs or the nuggs. will be a tough one. i feel bad for the grizzlies and the nets since they got bageled. better them than us :)

Haha just wait til next round!

ShooterMcMarco
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
i just didn't want to go out first round, thats all im saying. todays spurs nuggs game should be good, i bet that there will be a lot of fouling like the last few games.

edit: speaking of this series, i thought it was classless what carmelo did to ginobili at the end of game 3. ginobili got mauled by like 3 guys and carmelo gave him the hardest blow to the head.

tykrum
05-04-2005, 01:11 PM
The Nuggs are just a dirty team. They are pretty much the T-Wolves biggest rival (I'm referring to last year when we were good enough to have a rival), and they just had some really ridiculously hard fouls and attempts to start fights etc. As far as I'm concerned, Nene is just trying to fill some sort of poor man's Bill Laimbeer role for them. I definitely saw that foul too and it was just a completely unwarranted frustration foul.

tykrum
05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Anyone see the end of Bulls/Wizards last night? That was an incredible finish, all the way up to Arenas' buzzer beater. Pargo hitting three threes after sitting on the bench all game... But I think the Wizards will close it out now. Same with the Pacers, and the Mavs will win in seven.

USCfan
05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Pargo was absolutely nuts! I thought when Hinrich missed the first free throw toward the end it was over, but wow!

ShooterMcMarco
05-05-2005, 07:51 PM
it was the wizard's fault that it got so dramatic. had they made their freethrows, even half of them, that game wouldn't have been close and exciting. irregardless, it was a great win, and a great finish.