PDA

View Full Version : Venus racquet?

TigerTennis
04-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Can anyone tell me what racquet venus and serena use? I mean i know they are painted like the n4 and n3, but is it just a paint job, or are they really using such head heavy, light, and powerful racquets?

aj_m2009
04-22-2005, 03:36 PM
They obviously aren't stock, they are majorly customized. I'm not sure what Venus uses under the PJ if it is a PJ but it is said that Serena uses a Hammer 6.4. I myself think Serena did make a switch to the N3. If you look at a pic of her with her H6(which was also supposedly a PJ)and a pic of her with her N3 they look absolutely nothing alike, but I don't really know. Anyway, there ya go.

PS
Welcome

TommyGun
04-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Serena definitely an n3. Obviously customized for her, but everything about it is at least a base n3.

Venus is a little different. Her pj is n4, but the frame she uses does NOT have the Triad style head/throat separation like on the website. My guess is that it is an n6 or n5, whichever one is the solid all the way frame, painted super blue for her. It is still and nCode though, as you can't pj the funky shaft shape.

aj_m2009
04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Serena definitely an n3. Obviously customized for her, but everything about it is at least a base n3.

Venus is a little different. Her pj is n4, but the frame she uses does NOT have the Triad style head/throat separation like on the website. My guess is that it is an n6 or n5, whichever one is the solid all the way frame, painted super blue for her. It is still and nCode though, as you can't pj the funky shaft shape.

My question about Venus' racquet is why give a newly released racquet a PJ?

TommyGun
04-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Because if Venus and Serena are using the same model they will only sell half the number of frames. So Venus' fans can have their model, Serena's also.

aj_m2009
04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Because if Venus and Serena are using the same model they will only sell half the number of frames. So Venus' fans can have their model, Serena's also.

Huh? How would they be using the same racquet? Serena uses the N3, Venus would be using the N5 or N6.

TommyGun
04-22-2005, 11:53 PM
I have heard that both Serena an Venus' frames may be from the same mold. At least one would need to be a PJ. I'm not sure that Serena's frame is actually two pieces either, but a good piece of paint.

danniflava
04-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Huh? How would they be using the same racquet? Serena uses the N3, Venus would be using the N5 or N6.

Venus is most likely using the n4. There's no need for her to have a paintjob of a racquet that is already being advertised. Anyway, Venus is using the n4, and Serena is using the n3. Both racquets are drastically customized.

Venus couldn't be using the n5 because the n5 has Triad technology, and Venus' n4 doesn't have any Triad on it.