PDA

View Full Version : Tennis on my gap-year

tingaling
01-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi guys, I'm currently on a gap year between school and university.. And i would love to play tennis full time for the second part of the year up until July time. I am from England and am a 4.2. I would love to play abroad but don't have the money for Sanchez-casal or Brugera. I was wondering if you guys new any good and not too expensive academies in England or anywhere else in Europe....

Thanks in advance guys..

tingaling
01-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Bump...

Come on guys nobody knows any decent academies??

Marshredder
01-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Its going to be hard, if not impossible to get into an academy if you're 18 and a 4.2, im afraid.

lew.m.f.tennisfan
01-12-2010, 07:26 AM
try bath academy. might have a chance

andres17
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I am also taking a GAP year and spent three months in Argentina. I find it weird that no one considers this a possibility, event with all the recent hype wit JMDP winning the US open and everything. I was there in Argentina before the US open and left towards the end of November.

The prices are good, compared to anywhere else in the world.
There are good players as we already know.
Only problem for you is the language... Spanish is my mother language so it was no problem for me, but if communication is key and if you don't understand what you're being taught it's pointless. But aside from that I say you consider Argentina.

Another negative right now is they're in summer and IT's EXTREMELY HOT!! , not the most ideal conditions for playing 4 hours a day plus at least 2 of physical exercise. PLus 'las chichas' are very ez on the eye.

Barca tennis
01-31-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi guys, I'm currently on a gap year between school and university.. And i would love to play tennis full time for the second part of the year up until July time. I am from England and am a 4.2. I would love to play abroad but don't have the money for Sanchez-casal or Brugera. I was wondering if you guys new any good and not too expensive academies in England or anywhere else in Europe....

Thanks in advance guys..

Hi tingaling
I may know of a couple of academies that may be able to help you here in Barcelona
Send me a email
barca:)