PDA

View Full Version : Agassi using a LM Instict during the US Claycourt Championships?

GermaniumGenie
04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
I was watching Andre play Grosjean on The Tennis Channel, and he was using a LM Instinct, not his ordinary FP Radical. What's up with that? Does anyone know? Is the Instinct more suitable on clay, perhaps? After all, Myskina won the French last year while using it.

IOP
04-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Even if he does use a LM instinct, HEAD will paint it like a Radical Flexpoint. But, HEAD is not doing it. WHY ???

Maybe, HEAD wants to downplay the Radical and promote the Instinct. Instinct is the only thing that HEAD has that may remotely compete with the Pure Drive. HEAD wants to put all eggs in one basket now.

larrhall
04-22-2005, 06:15 PM
It does work well on clay; however, you have to use Luxilon strings to really make this baby shine! in all semi-seriousness, Agassi's switch of racquets after 12-13 (?) years of using a painted Donnay and or POG oversize or whatever it was, has nothing to do with clay. It has, in all likelihood, everything to do with advancing age and the sense that injury and the advent of too many Federers, Nadals, Corias, Ferreros, Gasquets and the rest are in the process of knocking one of the game's greatest ever from the Top 10.

Senior Tour time, Andre. You have made the most amazing career rejuvenation in modern tennis history. Time to go beat up on Jim Courier in Europe.

Pro_Tour_630
04-22-2005, 06:32 PM
oh geezz, how desperate.... instinct, NOW ?!?! oh wait it is like the aero drive, maybe he should switch to that instead.... oh wait, I know, the surge. Look, if Agassi wins the french using an instinct with Lux strings, then everyone on this board would switch, but I doubt it, it is too late, stick a fork in him he is done. Monekying around with his set up at this stage shows how desperate he really is, I mean he can't be more in physical shape, it is impossible, maybe it is his gear Never see sampras with all LUX job right before he retired, right

Originally Posted by BDAZif andre wants a little more juice on the ball, maybe he should switch back to the gut/kevlar string combo that he used. it seems (and this could be way off) that he doesn't get quite as much pace on the ball with the all luxilon job. maybe a gut/lux combo would be good.

AMEN, if he needs more POP or zip he can switch to even all gut job, only spaniards and argintines know how to play with POLY on clay, agassi does not have that style of play, ala brugera muster guga etc... anyway for what it is worth read below

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=23613

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=23938

If he plays Instinct with full BB original, that is a big change from Pro Tour 280 OS kevlar/gut he was used to

Larry if he needs a mid plus he can look me up I might let go of a few Musters and Gugas Pro Tours 630, prestige 660 classic maybe, but an INSTINCT ! oh lordy

larrhall
04-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Man, if you sell 'Dre those 630s....

:)

BTW, the BDaz thought about kevlar is right on. But I think his arm can't take the abuse. All-gut on the other hand at 58 lbs, that could help.

larrhall
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
or just borrow Sanguinetti's racquets at 35 lbs and win RG and Wimby, run for Senate and clean up Vegas.

Pro_Tour_630
04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I think Andre is exploring his feminine side with the instinct, hey there are a lot of them on the WTA, or maybe Head wanted to get ride of all those Instincts that keep on CRACKING !!!!!!!!!!!

dennis1188
04-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, the only damaged TW demo racket sent to me was a Head Instinct.
Is there a known problem w/ the quality of the Instinct rackets?

Zeta
04-23-2005, 01:44 AM
We have several Instinct in my club: no one cracked. :)

Pro_Tour_630
04-23-2005, 06:20 AM
those instincts sent to italy are probably fed lots of zitis to hold up, seriously

brian.sat
04-23-2005, 06:43 AM
All cracked and replaced at my club.

Zeta
04-23-2005, 08:00 AM
I read somewhere that all the Liquidmetal series are made in Austria.
My Instinct reports "made in Czech Republic" under the handle. Where are your cracked frames from?

pchoi04
04-23-2005, 09:17 AM
I think the LM radical is now made is china.

wksoh
07-03-2006, 04:18 AM
I read somewhere that all the Liquidmetal series are made in Austria.
My Instinct reports "made in Czech Republic" under the handle. Where are your cracked frames from?
I have 2 LM Instincts that cracked at 12 O'clock position - both "made in Czech Republic".

I bought a new Instinct- few months later, the shop replaced the 2 cracked ones. So I ended up with 3 - all says" Made in China".

Well they all played the same and no cracks now. I think it was the heat from the mid day sun that caused the cracks - I don't leave them in the car anymore.

BTW,... LM Instinct MP feels good.