PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Grip With No Ridges?

Hominator
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Hello all,

Looking for a replacement grip that does not have ridges or indents between "layers." I like a nice flat grip surface so I can hit from either side of the racquet w/out my fingers sliding into the ridges or indents.

Can anyone recommend a grip for me? Thanks.

[d]ragon
01-01-2010, 03:53 PM
No grip other than contours should have that provided that you wrap it properly. Your grip is probably wrapped with too little overlapping

Hominator
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
My stock Volkl Power Bridge 8 has those ridges that I dislike.

lawlitssoo1n
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
they have overgrips that slide on to the handle

Jonny S&V
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
My stock Volkl Power Bridge 8 has those ridges that I dislike.

Rewrap the grip, or get a new one.

Irvin
01-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Grips have a thinner outside edge so when you wrap your girp there will not be a hump where the grip overlaps. If you have valleys you are wrapping your grip with too little overlap and if you have ridges you have too much overlap.

Irvin

Hominator
01-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Rewrap the grip, or get a new one.

Right. So I can avoid ridges with any replacement grip? It seems like the Volkl grip was designed to have these ridges. Looks like Volkl intended this on purpose. Thanks.

Irvin
01-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Right. So I can avoid ridges with any replacement grip? It seems like the Volkl grip was designed to have these ridges. Looks like Volkl intended this on purpose. Thanks.

No there are some grips that have a ridge in the center like Wilson Contour grips. But if you buy a smooth grip yes you can avoid this with any grip.

I would not re-wrap a grip. Most synthetic grips have double faced tape (or glue strip) on the bottom side and removing the grip and tape is easier said than done. You will probably have a grip with less tack to the handle. This may cause your grip to separate where it overlaps and you have your problem all over again. Buy and new grip and make sure you wrap it so there are no valleys or ridges.

Try a Prince DuraPro grip it makes for a nice smooth grip.

Irvin

COPEY
01-03-2010, 05:14 AM
The Prince Resisoft grips are nice as well. If you hands sweat, the Resipro may be the way to go.

AJK1
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Try what i've done for years, i'm a right hander, but i wrap my grip left handed, so i don't get that channel effect, it works a treat.