PDA

View Full Version : Grosjean Fans - some good and bad

Frankc
04-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Watching Grosjean take out Agassi in three at Houston... a little bizarre as Agassi lost the last two sets easily. He looked hurt, IMO...

I did notice that Grosjean seems to be wearing a back brace or large warming device. It was apparent when he served. Perhaps he is on the mend and is past the tough times early in the season...

Astennix
04-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Good to see Grosjean back!!

VamosRafa
04-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Good to see Grosjean back!!

Agreed. Grosjean is a great player, especially on clay.

gugafanatic
04-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Agreed. Grosjean is a great player, especially on clay.

I would consider grass hes best surface. He has been doing well at wimbledon and queens consitently.

Jill
04-22-2005, 07:39 PM
thanks for the details Frank.... too bad Andre played so badly in the last 2 sets :(

gugafanatic
04-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Im hoping for a Blake/Roddick final. Would love to see a fellow American defeat A.ROD.

VamosRafa
04-22-2005, 08:52 PM
I would consider grass hes best surface. He has been doing well at wimbledon and queens consitently.

You are right. I just remember how well he did to beat the USA in Davis Cup on clay at RG in in 2002. He was returning Andy's serves as though they were ala Dementieva.

But his record against Andy isn't the best after that. Although I was there at the IW match, in which Andy won, 7 6 2 6 7 6.

Great tennis. But since then, it's been Andy in their H2H, including two Queen's losses to Andy.

Marius_Hancu
04-23-2005, 04:01 AM
thanks for the details Frank.... too bad Andre played so badly in the last 2 sets :(

He was forced into it, at least per:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-usmensclaycourt&prov=ap&type=lgns
`It was a good first set then he picked up his level and changed his strategy a little and started hitting it pretty high and pretty deep and I couldn't step up on it,''
Agassi said.

verdasco67
04-23-2005, 05:11 AM
i think he'll get back to the top 15 at the of the year.

Jill
04-23-2005, 07:13 AM
He was forced into it, at least per:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-usmensclaycourt&prov=ap&type=lgns
`It was a good first set then he picked up his level and changed his strategy a little and started hitting it pretty high and pretty deep and I couldn't step up on it,''
Agassi said.No one forces a person to get 25% of their first serves in. Based on the Houston Chronicle, and also the person who was providing live scores on another message board (who did not seem to particularly like Andre all that much so I don't think she was biased), Agassi's game went to hell. That gave Grosjean confidence, then when Andre tried to raise his game in the third set, it was too late as Grosjean was playing too well by that point.

finchy
04-23-2005, 08:48 AM
i went to the match last nite and grojean is now one of my fav players! he has a great inside out forehand.

ragnaROK
04-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah Grosjean's always had a nice forehand, kinda like Hewitt with a better forehand when he was at his prime.

gugafanatic
04-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Grosjean has terrific passing shots, and is able to hit some crazy f/h winners on the run. Hes movement is also superb, very low centre of gravity with great footwork. He also serves bigger then guys like: Henman, Federer, Hewitt. He will be back in the top 20 after Wimbledon.

Tennis4EVA
04-23-2005, 02:18 PM
If u are in the Washingtion Metro Area, James Blake will be at the Watkins Park Tennis Bubble on Wednesday at 5:00