PDA

View Full Version : Is my racket cracked?

fishuuuuu
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Please I am desperate to know!

---

Poor Linda baby...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda1.jpg

'Liquidmetal' reminds me of plastic
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda2.jpg

fishuuuuu
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
At the 12 'o clock
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda3.jpg

'Liquidmetal?'
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda4.jpg

Here's a picture of the nanites attaching to my hand and killing off the cells
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda5.jpg

fishuuuuu
04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda6.jpg

Along a 'Liquidmetal' ridge
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda7.jpg

Okay I was just kidding but my frame busted after about a year and so I figure I'll let the racket junkies argue amongst themselves if the tech is there! I wonder what is really in there... I think it's only graphite =\

Austria Construction, bought in HK, and I'm not a big racket thrower

Power Game
04-22-2005, 07:33 PM
:cry: Come on man, you're making me cry... that's a nice racquet :cry:

alan-n
04-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Liquid metal looks like silcone filling to me.......

wtennis206
04-22-2005, 07:43 PM
no...im pretty sure thats just a small cosmetic flaw, nothing that would prevent playability

bravm3pwr
04-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Wow,

This reminds me of what happened a few weeks back. I was at a tournament and a guy went Safin on his racquet. I can’t understand why someone would kill a $200 racquet. Crazy!!!

MChong
04-22-2005, 08:48 PM
That's playable, just get a new string job and it'll pull everything together. ;)

Prince_of_Tennis
04-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I think it'll survive one more string job. I used to break rackets like mad...Hornet smashed Scream smashed surgeS smashed x2, but but i've controlled my anger jus a little bit. Its crazy but its fun to see, right?

mistapooh
04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
So what form of liquid metal supposedly is inside the racket?

pchoi04
04-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Supposedly is liquid metal titanium. You cant really see that its liquid but supposedly the molecular bonds are like water but retains solid shape. I guess its kind of like glass. Although glass is hard and it breaks its actually a liquid.

By the way... this post is hilarious!

Thomas
04-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I mess up an i.Radical a couple of weeks ago on a serve. I'm on a high school team so we had to finish it off at a match against one of the better teams. It was hilarious; the guy lost a point and took the racquet (the one I broke, we planned this all out) out of his bag and smashed it.

antontd
04-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd like to know where is the Liqudmetal.

Try selling the racquet on **** - "Head LiquidMetal Prestige Mid *almost new*" ;)

pchoi04
04-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Say its a racquet used by safin that he smashed in the australian open.

fedex27
04-23-2005, 05:42 PM
that plastic stuff isnt in a pc 600

fishuuuuu
04-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Very good insight, but alas the plastic is also found at the 12 'o clock position where there is no 'Liquid Metal'... any explanation?

penang
04-23-2005, 05:53 PM
I think it'll survive one more string job. I used to break rackets like mad...Hornet smashed Scream smashed surgeS smashed x2, but but i've controlled my anger jus a little bit. Its crazy but its fun to see, right?

Can you share how to overcome the anger. I smashed my ncode 6.1 95 this afternoon, only a half crack at the 5 o'clock area. Is it playable or would the racquet hold for another string job?

fedex27
04-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Can you share how to overcome the anger. I smashed my ncode 6.1 95 this afternoon, only a half crack at the 5 o'clock area. Is it playable or would the racquet hold for another string job?
give it to a shop to strung, itll break and theyll give you a new one. or if u have a consceince tell them it may break

fedex27
04-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Very good insight, but alas the plastic is also found at the 12 'o clock position where there is no 'Liquid Metal'... any explanation?
ohhhh thats where your wrong the lm shifts throught the racquet and hardens into what looks like plastic instantly when it hits the air.

but really i think its supposed to be everywherer it just has the 4 rectangles to look cool

fishuuuuu
04-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I could be wrong. But can Head?

Head places LiquidMetal® at four strategic areas of the racquet's head, integrated in the main layer of the frame's construction. This allows all of the energy from ball impact to be used for a power return - so what a player puts into his or her swing is exactly what they get out. The result is what Head calls Pure Energy. Perfect Power™

fedex27
04-23-2005, 06:01 PM
I could be wrong. But can Head?
yeah but really do you think they could only put that plastic stuff in little areas and just let it hang out? thats only in the pj

gregraven
04-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Re: the plastic stuff. A lot of modern racquets are made by wrapping the carbon-graphite layers around a "bladder" that is inflated once the raw racquet material is in the mold. After inflating the bladder, the mold is heated to cook the carbon-graphite, while the bladder presses the carbon-graphite against the mold from the inside of the frame. This plastic is probably what's left of the bladder.

Ryoma Kun
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
ide send that bad boy back to head, tell them there was a manufacture defect with that racquet.

claim you couldnt find the liquid metal therefor the frame cracked

westside
04-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Just use a bit of super glue and a bit of duck tape and it will be good as new. LOL

b.
04-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Would it be too much to ask - can you take a fine saw and make a clean cut?
(And keep a residue, so you can glue it back, when repairing the stick ;) )

Maybe LM is braided as fiber structure?

bertrevert
06-02-2005, 05:02 AM
This picture proves that each LM racquet has little bit of Godzilla DNA in every one:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda3.jpg

This is going to give me nightmares....

TennsDog
06-02-2005, 08:00 AM
LiquidMetal isn't a 'part' of the racket that you can look at and find. It is more of a description of the process by which the racket is made. That is like breaking an nCode racket and looking for the silicone-oxide crystals -- it is just a part of the manufacturing. The plastic probably also helps to reduce the shock transmitted to the player.

BTW, yes, your racket is, indeed, cracked.

PurePrestige
06-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Aren't the four ridges part of the TSC (Total Sweetspot Construction) and the liquidmetal is what is constant throughout the entire frame?

Jonnyf
06-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Just a bit i'm sure it'll last u a few more weeks

Return_Ace
06-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Fish was that the one you got in HK? I wanna know where you got it since its so cheap over there (however my parents say that the rackets are also dodgy with all the "fake" stuff being produced there at the moment)

Jonnyf
06-02-2005, 08:14 AM
that's what my mum says

Return_Ace
06-02-2005, 08:20 AM
What about the rackets in HK? yeh but I mean they're sooooooooooooooo cheap like I worked out that the LM prestige was £80 I mean come on £80 thats like nearly a whole £50 cheaper than what I can get it for here. However I've started buying all my string from there I mean when NXT costs you 30 pound here to have it strung but only ~£9(string+£12(stringing fee) when I have my own brought from HK it saves me a lot of money (well my parents money since they find my stringing and nothing else) but hey it gets me on there good side :)

black_spin
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Man you guys are so dumb - it's liquid ain't it? The minute the racquet broke the it clearly drained away. Go back to the courts where it was smashed - you will find a sentient blob of the stuff searching for it's master - once you have located it, it will flow back into the racquet and it will re-form - before continuing in it's search for John Connor

TennisD
06-02-2005, 09:39 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda6.jpg

Along a 'Liquidmetal' ridge
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/fishytoday/lmlinda7.jpg

Okay I was just kidding but my frame busted after about a year and so I figure I'll let the racket junkies argue amongst themselves if the tech is there! I wonder what is really in there... I think it's only graphite =\

Austria Construction, bought in HK, and I'm not a big racket thrower
WOW! WHAT A DISCOVERY!

What the hell did you expect? Actual liquified metal to start flowing from the cracks? Man, some people are stupid...

ThunderServe
06-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I gotta admit thats a good effort breaking a head prestige as much as i try mine are just indestructable.

fishuuuuu
06-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Return Ace, the racket was bought in Hong Kong but isn't defective or fake in any way. I bought it from a Head Pro that works in conjunction with other racket advertisers in this big center, a giant Pro Shop kindof ... I was definitely amazed by the selection over 100 rackets.

And TennisD why don't you go somewhere else with your useless comments. It is pretty obvious I was kidding and way to not only bring back a very old and dead topic but be a jerk. Congradulations I hope you feel better about yourself because you got to insult a 17 year old kid about his joke.

And about what I expected? I didn't really expect much seeing as my racket was broken already, so I gave it a few more hearty tosses so that I could show other people if they wanted to know without banging their own LM Prestiges up... you know sharing helpful information with other people... the reason for a message board, but you know if you want to troll you can keep on doing it.

fishuuuuu
06-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Forgot to mention too Return Ace, there were a number of Tennis Shops that sold numerous rackets... I have no idea of knowing whether they were real or fake but it is not suggested as they would not be under warranty. Either way, for that small amount of 20 dollars or so I would just go to the big centers where there are official retailers and get your racket!

Return_Ace
06-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Could you please tell me where exactly this giant shop is please..........I'm stopping over there for a night this summer on my way back from Australia and my parents say if there is enough time we can go shopping for stuff (I also need to buy some CDs - man are they cheap over there :))
To jog your memory is it on HK island or on the mainland? Don't worry we know our way around HK pretty well seeing as my parents grew up there and I lived there for 4 years :)

TennisD
06-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Return Ace, the racket was bought in Hong Kong but isn't defective or fake in any way. I bought it from a Head Pro that works in conjunction with other racket advertisers in this big center, a giant Pro Shop kindof ... I was definitely amazed by the selection over 100 rackets.

And TennisD why don't you go somewhere else with your useless comments. It is pretty obvious I was kidding and way to not only bring back a very old and dead topic but be a jerk. Congradulations I hope you feel better about yourself because you got to insult a 17 year old kid about his joke.

And about what I expected? I didn't really expect much seeing as my racket was broken already, so I gave it a few more hearty tosses so that I could show other people if they wanted to know without banging their own LM Prestiges up... you know sharing helpful information with other people... the reason for a message board, but you know if you want to troll you can keep on doing it.
OMG, wow, that's a good one. Useless comments? Coming from me? Sorry, sounds like you started a pretty useless thread. Yeah, I got a 17 year old, good for me, considering that's my age, I guess I'm right on par. Congrats on breaking your racquet. You're a real man now.

And with the whole thread starting excuse, don't give me that crap. It's not as if anyone was really curious as to what was inside their LM's. I'll give you a hint why: Nobody cares about marketing gimmicks. You think people go around smashing open Yonex nCode's to see if there's really Nanotechnology at work there? Not really.

Your joke wasn't very convincing, or funny. Sorry, you fail.

Was it a dead topic? Not really, it was the first one I saw. And is it useful info? Most definitely not.

Return_Ace
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
sorry if i'm being pedantic but i would just like to point out that yonex dnt make ncodes they make nanospeed rackets but i know what your saying and this post isn't meant to insult your intelligence just pointing out an edit before someone attacks you for it.

And actually i was interested in what was inside a liquidmetal racket.

TennisD
06-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I just realized that. I wanted to put Yonex Nanospeed...

fishuuuuu
06-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Your joke wasn't very convincing, or funny. Sorry, you fail.

The post wasn't a joke... the title was... one phrase was... the point was that in fact some people were in fact wondering what could be inside. And as far as smashing my racket is concerned I guess I am a man now because my racket was already broken and I could've kept playing with it? Just... stop...

Nobody cares about marketing gimmicks

Which is why there have been more than twenty or so threads regarding these marketing gimmicks... And nobody is giving you crap, it's your choice to respond with derrogatory comments... so don't. Go increase your post count trolling somewhere else. KTHX

And Return Ace I think the shop was in some weird precinct of the city called Mong Kok I think =] I stayed on Nathan St. while I was there and took the subway to that area. Pack light, wear thin clothing! It's very humid and hot around those parts.

Correction, my sister told me it wasn't Mong Kok it was Tsim Tsa something...

Young Pete
06-02-2005, 10:14 PM
theres absolutely nothing wrong with the racquet.

Return_Ace
06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeh it was Tsim Tsa Tsui ...... Its bloody crowded isn't it, thanks for that I'll have to go there and have a look around. Around how much did you get your Prestige for? (and do rackets actually come with warranty - I mean if you buy one here (UK/USA) do they actually have a warranty, do you need like a proof of purchase or something?

ptuananh
06-13-2005, 02:20 AM
flashuuuu... I guess that the plastic found inside the racquet is so-called Twin-Tube technology :D

ptuananh
06-13-2005, 02:22 AM
Where is LiquidMetal btw. As I saw a demo of bouncing balls from HEAD, LiquidMetal is a hard piece of metal, not liquid at atll.

leog
07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Nice that you have the wisdom and resources to trash a $200 racket. Kudos to you sir!

badmice2
07-29-2005, 01:25 PM
do what a dood on the other forumn proposed...use super glue!!!

fishuuuuu
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Nice that you have the wisdom and resources to trash a $200 racket. Kudos to you sir!

Hey dumbass! I broke my racquet while serving. And I get to do whatever the hell I want to do with my broken racquet. Alright? Kudos to your mama!

jatennis
07-29-2005, 05:54 PM
:mad: Wow Liqudmetal = Liquidjelly
What did you do? Smach some body with it? :)

fishuuuuu
07-29-2005, 06:58 PM
After it broke near the throat area when I was serving, my friend and I took it to this lunch table that is concreted to the ground. Then we smashed it on the base of the table.

Steve Huff
07-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Judging by photo #2, you got a really dull blade in that saw of yours.

fishuuuuu
07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
A makeshift saw, in fact, made out of a picnic table

ucd_ace
07-30-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it because I'm not reading 40 messages, but you should check out the post on if you can fix your racquet with super glue. You can work wonders with some super glue and duck tape

mendia
07-31-2005, 09:20 AM
That's hurting my eyes... It's cracked...