View Full Version : hamstring injury?
01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I live in central California, and I did a dumb thing a few nights ago in the cool weather at the track. After jogging five laps around the track, I decided to run my normal 5 x 100 meter and 5 x 200 meter sprints. On my last 200 meter sprint, I felt my hamstring pop with about 20 meters to go, so I quickly spotted. It has been about a week since I hurt my leg, and feel very little pain when walking around. I'm wondering how long I should rest it until I try playing singles? I really learned a good lesson about running in cool weather!
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
This is the test I use (thanks to Kapiolani.org)
You may safely return to your sport or activity when, starting from the top of the list and progressing to the end, each of the following is true:
• You have full range of motion in the leg on the injured side compared to the leg on the uninjured side.
• You have full strength of the leg on the injured side compared to the leg on the uninjured side.
• You can jog straight ahead without pain or limping
• You can sprint straight head without pain or limping.
• You can do 45-degree cuts, first at half-speed, then at full-speed
• You can do 20-yard figures-of-eight, first at half-speed, then at full-speed.
• You can do 90-degree cuts, first at half-speed, then at full-speed.
• You can do 10-yard figures-of-eight, first at half-speed, then at full-speed.
• You can jump on both legs without pain and you can jump on the leg on the injured side without pain.
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Thank you very much! That is really good and very detailed information.
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.