PDA

View Full Version : I wish I was a kid.

ReopeningWed
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
My dad said that since I'm 18 now, I can't spend my time watching tennis videos on Youtube or playing games anymore. I have to spend my time doing "productive" things.

What does that even mean?

raiden031
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Thats wrong. You just have more responsibilities that have to be taken care of first. I've been an adult for 10 years and even have a child and I still can make time to watch youtube videos and do un-productive things.

I would never want to be a kid again. I didn't have nearly the freedom I have now, even though I'm not necessarily free to do what I want, but its still better than before. I hate being financially dependent on someone and allowing them to have that power over me.

meltphace 6
01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
My dad said that since I'm 18 now, I can't spend my time watching tennis videos on Youtube or playing games anymore. I have to spend my time doing "productive" things.

Easy. With "doing productive things" he means to upload videos to youtube.

cucio
01-03-2010, 02:10 PM
That your dad should have explained you about priorities in life some years earlier. Now it may be too late.

SFrazeur
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM

It means that you're lacking work ethic and direction in life.

-SF

nfor304
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I think he's trying to tell you that you need to play more tennis

Sentinel
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Easy. With "doing productive things" he means to upload videos to youtube.
lol, or maybe he means you should get married and raise, er produce children.

Bud
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Ask him for some suggestion to clarify what he's talking about... just like you're doing here.

Perhaps, he wants you to go out and get a job?

Claudius
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
You can't watch Youtube videos or play games for the rest of your life.