PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the Apple Store, what to expect?

fed_the_savior
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm taking my ipod in cause the buttons sticky. Do you drop it off or can they fix it while you wait? Anyone know?

[And before you complain about the frivolous nature of this post, stop taking this board so seriously.

35ft6
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM
^ I think you can schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar.

slice bh compliment
01-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh. My. God.
What a frivolous thread. The OP clearly has a problem understanding that this board is for serious tennis discussion. ...some nerve....

Well, the apple store I've been to, they don't fix stuff. They tag it and send it in and tell you how much it might be.

If you're lucky they might even intimate that it might be more economical to get a new one, LOL!

Now let's get back to dissing either Roger or Rafa, talking about how Babolats are for grandmothers and Wilsons are for manly men with one handed backhands, ripping marginally hot girls who play tennis, making outlandish inter-era comparisons and inflating our NTRP ratings by a full point!

fed_the_savior
01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh. My. God.
What a frivolous thread. The OP clearly has a problem understanding that this board is for serious tennis discussion. ...some nerve....

Well, the apple store I've been to, they don't fix stuff. They tag it and send it in and tell you how much it might be.

If you're lucky they might even intimate that it might be more economical to get a new one, LOL!

Now let's get back to dissing either Roger or Rafa, talking about how Babolats are for grandmothers and Wilsons are for manly men with one handed backhands, ripping marginally hot girls who play tennis, making outlandish inter-era comparisons and inflating our NTRP ratings by a full point!
There ya go, it's post like this that keep me coming back here. But now i'm scared... they wont fix my sticky button, do I just have to mail it in? :evil:

fed_the_savior
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
hmph, from some research online it seems they simply swap out your ipod with a working refurb... hope so

slice bh compliment
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah, if they have one in the back. Best of luck... hopefully they hook you up, man!

Bottle Rocket
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Is your IPOD still under warranty? If not, you're not going to get anything broken fixed.

Your best bet is to set up an appointment online. Find your local store's site online and make the appointment. They are often busy, and and won't normally look at repairs as a walk-in. Of course, they might not be, and you may get what you need. You can also make the appointment with someone in the store after telling them what kind of issues you have.

fed_the_savior
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Is your IPOD still under warranty? If not, you're not going to get anything broken fixed.

Your best bet is to set up an appointment online. Find your local store's site online and make the appointment. They are often busy, and and won't normally look at repairs as a walk-in. Of course, they might not be, and you may get what you need. You can also make the appointment with someone in the store after telling them what kind of issues you have.

Yeah I got an appointment and yeah it's under warranty. What I'm wondering is whether they can fix a simple problem right there, or what the waiting time would be. Thanks for the help fellow forumers. :)

Bud
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm taking my ipod in cause the buttons sticky. Do you drop it off or can they fix it while you wait? Anyone know?

[And before you complain about the frivolous nature of this post, stop taking this board so seriously.

What did you spill on it? :)

fed_the_savior
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM

:twisted: lmao, believe it or not, i've kept it entirely in a closed case since I bought it. It's a otterbox case where even the plugs are closed. I think it just got loose from turning it off so many times.

ffrpg
01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
If Apple is unable to fix the iPod on the spot, they will replace it with the same model. If they have that model in stock, you'll get it right away. If they have to order it, it'll take about a week. They will check for water damage. If the iPod has been exposed to any liquids and the water sensor has been activated, it will void your warranty.

Bud
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM

:twisted: lmao, believe it or not, i've kept it entirely in a closed case since I bought it. It's a otterbox case where even the plugs are closed. I think it just got loose from turning it off so many times.

Lol! Was just curious... :)

I doubt if Apple follows these forums too closely :p