PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Tour

barry
04-23-2005, 05:52 AM
After reading the review at http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/HRTR/HRTRReview.html , could be Head's best product. Open string pattern will be a winner.
Interested if anyone hit with it or the Prince O3 tour.

AJK1
04-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Yes, i'm curious too, both the FP Tour and the 03 Tour have similar specs, so it will be interesting to demo them.

sinoslav
04-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Could be a nice racquet, but the "flexpoint" idea really takes the cake as a marketing gimmick. I mean, sure it makes sense in theory, but you'd have to have much more mass in the upper hoop for the racquet to flex appreciably at 3 and 9. I'll believe it when I see the ultra-high-speed photography.

Roforot
04-23-2005, 07:06 AM
My guess is that it's just a solid made flexible racquet;
the holes/flexi are as much decoration as the logos...

Morpheus
04-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Yes, and if you extend the "theory" to hits in the upper hoop, then the tip will flex and you will have less control. It's probably a decent racket but maybe it would be better just to buy an LM when it goes on discount.

El Diablo
04-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Perhaps sinoslav is right and Head is merely playing linguistics games with us, but I hit with the OS last week and the feel is quite unique, soft and flexy in a way I haven't experienced with another racquet.

don knot
04-23-2005, 10:17 AM
I actually didn't feel any un-normal flex, but did like the racquet a lot. I need to stop hitting with new frames :)

ismashall
04-23-2005, 10:20 AM
FPT and O3T play nothing alike. The O3T has a smaller sweetspot, barely cups the ball, and feels completely dead. I thought it was the tight tension with PSG at first, so I strung it a lower tension with Premiere. There was barely any improvement. The O3T could be the biggest Prince disappointment ever. Nice PJ though.

barry
04-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I was using a Ti.Radical (4 years) and loved it except for the 18 x 20 string pattern, Head stopped producing the frame so I switched to the I.Radical for a month, but got a sore shoulder. Also tried the LM, but it was also to stiff and dead for me so switched to a Surge and hits well, but would like to give the Flexpoint Tour a shot.

ismashall
05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
. do it .

deflori
05-20-2005, 02:36 AM
FPT and O3T play nothing alike. The O3T has a smaller sweetspot, barely cups the ball, and feels completely dead. I thought it was the tight tension with PSG at first, so I strung it a lower tension with Premiere. There was barely any improvement. The O3T could be the biggest Prince disappointment ever. Nice PJ though.

Anyone thought the same??
I think about to test the flexpoint and the 03 tour,but that souns not so great,when i think on death,i think on the lm prestige mp...