PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Final Preview: Ferrero vs Nadal

verdasco67
04-23-2005, 08:27 AM
thoughts on this match?

i hope ferrero wins in three sets. He's playing very well at barca and i think he can down nadal.

ragnaROK
04-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Didn't Nadal own him in a recent matchup?

rhubarb
04-23-2005, 08:42 AM
I'd be amazed if Ferrero won in straights, particularly since he only got 3 games last time. I think I'd go with Nadal unless it goes to 5, as he hasn't got the stamina for it.

finchy
04-23-2005, 08:43 AM
true ragna. but ferrero has been on fire recently. he beat gaudio too which should raise his confidence greatly.

TwistServe
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
true ragna. but ferrero has been on fire recently. he beat gaudio too which should raise his confidence greatly.

Ferrero barely beat Gaudio in 3 sets.. Nadal almost double begaled Gaudio...

I expect Nadal to take out Ferrero 6-2, 6-2

ragnaROK
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Right now he just needs to boost his confidene in anyway. Ferrero was my favorite hardcourt/claycourt player when he was in his prime a few yrs ago. He didn't have any weaknesses from the baseline and cracked winners from both sides with authority. I also believe Ferrero was a better clay courter than Coria head to head. However Guga always had his number. If Ferrero were to somehow beat Nadal, he would boost his confidence enormously and kind of getting some revenge on the guy that took his David Cup singles spot last time.

rhubarb
04-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Ferrero barely beat Gaudio in 3 sets.. Nadal almost double begaled Gaudio...

I expect Nadal to take out Ferrero 6-2, 6-2

It's best of five though.

DashaandSafin
04-23-2005, 09:40 AM
gah BOO nadal...ferrero was the claycourt king bfore he got all injured....i wanan say ferrero but i have a feeling that nadal will win.

USCfan
04-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I wish it was on ESPN...

Thomas
04-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Ferrero will win if Nadal sponanteously combusts.

Andres
04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Nadal wins in 3 sets. Ferrero wins in 4 or 5... I mean, Nadal, if he wins, he'll win in straight sets, Ferrero will win only in 4 or 5...

gugafanatic
04-23-2005, 01:29 PM
TOO tough to call, although ferrero has a better chance over 5 sets. Nadal probably knows ferrero is one hes arch rivals, soo alot is at stake. I think Ferrero has the weapons to hurt Nadal unlike Coria or Gaudio.

gugafanatic
04-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Wow ferrero is winning the poll, I would have thought he is the underdog for this match.

verdasco67
04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
im going to go for ferrero...ferrero in four!

VashTheStampede
04-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Finally Ferrero's getting back in form. I'm rooting for Ferrero even though i think the odds are against him slightly.

DariusRaiden
04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
It's gonna be a rough match, but I would LOVE to see Juan Carlos pull it off. The key will be Nadal's performance at the early stages. I feel like the closer the score is, the more it will favor Ferrero, simply because he has more weapons and experience. If Nadal gets out early, beware. As many others have said, a long match will be bad news for Nadal. Ferrero needs to step in and attack Nadal's serve and BE AGRESSIVE, because Nadal will win a griding contest. If Ferrero wins this match, everyone at the French Open should be very afraid!

ShooterMcMarco
04-23-2005, 10:59 PM
nadal is gonna win

westside
04-23-2005, 11:08 PM
I would love to see JCF win it, but i think that Nadal will beat him in 4

sandiegotennisboy
04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
anyone think all this tennis nadal is playing back to back will hurt him for the french. physically for the french, i dunno if he'll be burned out but his schedule so far doesnt seem to afford him much rest.

also, might other players might figure out how to beat him before the french comes around? i just know a tactician like coria would have something up his sleeve if they have an encounter in the french. same goes for the other clay courters.

tennisadict
04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
nadal still have a lots of energy

robbie_dademo
04-24-2005, 01:48 AM
nadal will win.... hes hot right now

gugafanatic
04-24-2005, 07:04 AM
anyone think all this tennis nadal is playing back to back will hurt him for the french. physically for the french, i dunno if he'll be burned out but his schedule so far doesnt seem to afford him much rest.

also, might other players might figure out how to beat him before the french comes around? i just know a tactician like coria would have something up his sleeve if they have an encounter in the french. same goes for the other clay courters.

A very worthy point my friend. He's Schedule is very demanding considering he plays in both the finals and doubles in Barcelona and he may opt to enter doubles at Rome/Hamburg. Nadal may not even make the FO due to injury, what a pity that would be for the 18-year old. I cant believe hes coach Toni Nadal has not picked this up.