PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Johnson is officially lame

SuperFly
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Heard about his new movie? He's a star hockey player that is turned into a substitute tooth fairy. (http://www.fandango.com/thetoothfairy_120666/movieoverview) He used to be somewhat of a badass, but he is DEAD to me as an actor for constantly making stupid kid's movies.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

hollywood9826
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I think he more than made up for whatever he does by what happened sunday night sunday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBC6TMVaJTY

Hard to forget about Nicotrel.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2738528/stop_smoking_with_nicotrel/

He could have been the greatest Pro wrestler of all times IMO. Bret Hart is now, bur Tre Rock had better mic skills and twas a physical specimen.

The Rock Obama was kinda lame though.

hollywood9826
01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Also what so bad about making movies his kids like? Hes too good of an actor to play roles like Arnold and anything he does with serious actors he's like a foot taller. These short Actors are blackballing him I tell you. Most of those guys are 5'7" tops they dont want to be anywhere near a guy whos a better actor, better looking, and 6'4" to boot.

LanEvo
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Well if he doesnt act in these movies then who will? When was the last time u ever say a movie rated under PG-13?

SuperFly
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Also what so bad about making movies his kids like? Hes too good of an actor to play roles like Arnold and anything he does with serious actors he's like a foot taller. These short Actors are blackballing him I tell you. Most of those guys are 5'7" tops they dont want to be anywhere near a guy whos a better actor, better looking, and 6'4" to boot.

But Johnson always tries to be a badass but he constantly makes himself look like a big teddy bear.

Well if he doesnt act in these movies then who will? When was the last time u ever say a movie rated under PG-13?

I saw "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." Great movie and it was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Puddy
01-05-2010, 08:31 PM
However, he was pretty funny in a recent SNL skit, "The Rock Obama."

snoopy
01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
No wrestler will ever reach the fame of Hulk Hogan in the 80s.

CanadianChic
01-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Heard about his new movie? He's a star hockey player that is turned into a substitute tooth fairy. (http://www.fandango.com/thetoothfairy_120666/movieoverview) He used to be somewhat of a badass, but he is DEAD to me as an actor for constantly making stupid kid's movies.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Was there ever a time he wasn't lame?

mawashi
01-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Disney owns the man, they can turn any rock into a cream puff!

Excuse the pun.

mawashi

hollywood9826
01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
What he meant is "He could've been the best at fake wrestling of all time." :mrgreen:

Nope, I meant what i said.

99% of americans when asked who they think is the greatest wrestler of all time will name Hogan, Flair, Hart, Stone Cold, and possibly the Macho Man.

Very few would name an actual wrestler like Dan Gable, or Cael Sanderson. WWF by most is still considered "Pro Wrestling"

The Rock had all the tools to be the greatest. Nobody could match his atletic ability with his mic skills. Plus he had the looks and understood the business.

hollywood9826
01-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Disney owns the man, they can turn any rock into a cream puff!

Excuse the pun.

mawashi

Actually I think Withch Mountain was his last movie with Disney.

The tooth fairy is a 20th Century Fox movie. He is filming a movie with Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, and Samuel L Jackson set for a release around August 2010.

Then in Oct hes in a flick with Billy Bob Thorton in which he will play an ex-con bent on avenging the death of his brother, murdered 10 years earlier when the two were double-crossed during a heist.

He was going to play Johhny Bravo in a live action movie of the cartoon, but they didnt go forward with the project.

mawashi
01-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Actually I think Withch Mountain was his last movie with Disney.

The tooth fairy is a 20th Century Fox movie. He is filming a movie with Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, and Samuel L Jackson set for a release around August 2010.

Then in Oct hes in a flick with Billy Bob Thorton in which he will play an ex-con bent on avenging the death of his brother, murdered 10 years earlier when the two were double-crossed during a heist.

He was going to play Johhny Bravo in a live action movie of the cartoon, but they didnt go forward with the project.

I stand corrected... you some kind of movie buff? Unless the film is great or I really like the actor/actress, I won't remember stuff like that.

mawashi

ryangoring
01-06-2010, 05:42 AM
He was great in that movie Walking Tall.

bad_call
01-06-2010, 06:37 AM
brings a varied appeal to the screen...from macho DOOM to Witch Mountain. works for me and the gf likes his looks so something we can both watch. think i'll skip the hockey movie tho.

SirGounder
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
He's versatile enough to be in a variety of movies and not any single genre. Let's just say he is one bad teddy bear

TahoeTennis
01-06-2010, 09:51 AM
His cameo in Reno 911: Miami is fantastic!