PDA

View Full Version : Collage Tennis Question

freedomtennis
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Other than usta rankings, history, and high school, do collages also accept videos along with it. If I filmed a video of my matches will they take that into consideration or is it not allowed?

tennis24
01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
do it . thats good they will look @ it.

freedomtennis
01-06-2010, 05:28 AM
do it . thats good they will look @ it.

okay thanks! :)

goran_ace
01-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Other than usta rankings, history, and high school, do collages also accept videos along with it. If I filmed a video of my matches will they take that into consideration or is it not allowed?

Everyone seems to be doing it these days, but in my opinion a video could hurt you more than it could help you. Even if you look great on video, there is no possible way it could ever compensate for a lack of rankings/results, and if you do have the rankings/results a good video doesn't bring anything more to the table. When coaches watch matches of recruits, they are looking at a lot more than just your strokes. They want to see how you play a whole set or match, and how you can adjust. On the other hand, if you have flaws in your strokes or any obvious weaknesses you could basically be eliminating yourself from consideration.

Also, head coaches have better things to do than watch every video that is sent their way. If anyone sees it, it will porbably be the assistant coach/graduate assistant, and even then they might only watch the first 30 seconds of it. Videos are taken with a grain of salt because they are edited to only show certain things and you can't really learn much about a player from that.

jefferson
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
In my experience college coaches would like a video to be short and sweet. No coach will watch an hour long tape of just any recruit playing a set. So if you decide to send a video, keep it short. Ground strokes, volleys, serves and some point play. This will just get you in the door, not a full commitment.

But USTA rankings are much more important.

goldfish81
01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
hey check out this pac 10 website for all you pac 10 lovers,

pac10s.com alex clayton a pusher? yea right...

Joeyg
01-06-2010, 12:08 PM
If you are looking to go to college, you better know how to spell it.