PDA

View Full Version : Nalbandian is back

BERDI4
04-23-2005, 03:11 PM
He was out since Indian Wells because of a virus in the liver. He's going to play in the BMW open.

K!ck5w3rvE
04-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Hope he gets back to his best......solid groundies and tough mental edge.....he seems to have lost a bit of his mental toughness over time, and his shots have lacked sting.

gugafanatic
04-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I Think Hes Finished. Shame Really As He Wont Be Able To Justify Hes Success Over Fed.

robbie_dademo
04-23-2005, 04:32 PM
finished.??? the guys like 22-23.. give him a break

He had some tough times recently with his father passing away and he's just ran into injuries and sickness.

give him some time and he will prove you wrong....

antontd
04-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I Think Hes Finished. Shame Really As He Wont Be Able To Justify Hes Success Over Fed.

LOL, gugafanatic is the king of sensational overstatments!

gugafanatic
04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Ok Im Gonna Take That Statemant Back.

lacoster
04-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Nalbandian is 5-6 years younger than Gaudio and Moya, about the same age as Coria and J. Johansson. People forget that he reached the Wimbledon finals as a teenager.
________
Zetros (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Zetros)

DashaandSafin
04-23-2005, 06:12 PM
People forget he almost reached the us open final too...match pt vs roddick

DashaandSafin
04-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually id be thousands that Nalbandian would have also beaten ferrero in the final.

robbie_dademo
04-24-2005, 01:46 AM
easily... he was hot that summmer.. if he finds that again look out....

the best tennis i ever saw him play...... only ruined by line calls....

swedechris
04-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Yes He Played Very Very Well That Summer And Aslo Inot The Atp Houston Event .. He Was Having Agaasii Fighting For His Life There..:)
Remember A Bunch Of Lil Ol Texas Flavored Calls Going Totally Against Nalbandian And That Was A Part Of His Loss To Dre Eventually. But Yes He Is A Great Paler And Just Needs To Break Thru In A Big Match Like The One He Lost To Hewitt At Oz Open This Year Or Taht On Semi To Roddick At Us Open 2003. Then He Will Be Way Up There.

Camilio Pascual
04-25-2005, 03:55 AM
He could be the dark horse winner of Roland Garros.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
He could be the dark horse winner of Roland Garros.

Keep dreaming. Nalbandian is finished, hes results have been lacklustre since hes return and players like Fed seem to have worked him out. I doubt he will make the top 10 this year, and he seems to be really injury prone.

lacoster
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Right now, he is still in the top 10 world rankings after pulling out of last season's American hardcourt season, Grass Court season, and half of his European indoor schedule. He's got no major points to defend until after the French.
________
DAIHATSU PYZAR HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Pyzar)

DashaandSafin
04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Guga your a flaming fool. First you say that Nalbandian is finished then you retract your ******** statement. How you say hes finished again....? Your opinons lack merit keep them to yourself arse.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Guga your a flaming fool. First you say that Nalbandian is finished then you retract your ******** statement. How you say hes finished again....? Your opinons lack merit keep them to yourself arse.

I only retracted my statemant due to peer pressure. When I said: "Nalbandian is finished", what I really meant was I dont expect him to make some noise in the remainder of the year. It would be very tough for him to win any rds at FO considering hes lack of match practice and with the short preperation time before Wimbledon time he may suffer an early exist on court No 2 (Graveyard court for seeds). Furthermore is he going to make the quarters at the US Open?? unlikely. Therefore it is rationale to assume he will not have a great year and should look forward to 2006.

tennissavy
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Keep dreaming. Nalbandian is finished, hes results have been lacklustre since hes return and players like Fed seem to have worked him out. I doubt he will make the top 10 this year, and he seems to be really injury prone.
It seems "Guga" is a lot closer to being finished than Nalbandian.

DashaandSafin
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Well then say hes finished for the year 2005 becuase all of us thought u meant for his carrer.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
It seems "Guga" is a lot closer to being finished than Nalbandian.

Not really Guga, is more likely to win RG then Nalbandian win any other slam. Furthermore Guga is getting better physically, hes chronic hip problem seems to have dissapated and he is playing pain free. Guga can challenge the best on both clay and hard-courts if he doesnt suffer any recurrent hip problems.

counterpunch
04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
i disagree, Nalbandian can soon be one of the best in the world again. As much as i would like to see guga win the french again, its not going to happen. Nalbandian has a much better chance at any major.

jackiebrown
04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Kuerten, winning French Open...that would be a stretch. I don't remember him beating anyone in important matches in a really really long time. Nalbandian is basically a better player anyway. He still has to live up to his potential but he should go further now than Kuerten, certainly.

gugafanatic
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Kuerten, winning French Open...that would be a stretch. I don't remember him beating anyone in important matches in a really really long time. Nalbandian is basically a better player anyway. He still has to live up to his potential but he should go further now than Kuerten, certainly.

kUERTEN DEF FED INDIAN WELLS STRIGHT SETS 03

kUERTEN DEF FED FO 04

KUERTEN DEF HENMAN STRIGHT SETS MONTREL 04

Just some big wins that come to mind. These victories were during Guga's difficult times with recurrent hip problems. I doubt he played the entire schedule in both years. If Guga can stay fit and play back to back tournaments without pain, then I think he can be back amongst the elite. He has more natural talent then Nalbandian and is a great ambassador to the game. Kuerten is currently playing "pain-free" and hes mobility and match fitness is improving. Remember he made the quarters last yr at FO, and he was injured missing both Hamburg and Rome. Guga will be back!!

lacoster
04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
If Guga can stay fit and play back to back tournaments without pain, then I think he can be back amongst the elite. Kuerten is currently playing "pain-free" and hes mobility and match fitness is improving.

That is exactly the problem with Guga; he lost in straight sets early to Martin and Ancic in his last two consecutive clay tournaments, and he is idle this week. Without good claycourt match prep, I don't see him generating as much buzz as Nadal, Gaudio, Coria, et. al. Who knows? maybe some new no-name will win the French. No one ever predicted before the French that Gaudio would get to the finals, muchless win it, especially after the first two sets against Coria.
________
DUCATI 125 TURISMO (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Ducati_125_Turismo)

POGO
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Nalbandian was never the same ever since his Father died. He was very close to his Father. It's too bad. I consider him one of the toughest Argentines on tour.

verdasco67
04-25-2005, 07:21 PM
nalbandian is defitnely not "finished" gugafanatic....he is one of the worlds best and he will be back winning matches soon.